Westwood

Monk confirms injury is being dictated by him and his pain threshold.

Is this a case of he’s being sold in January - or a case of him not wanting to sit on bench and pushing a move out himself? 

I find it quite hard to believe he has an injury as he’s dropped from side and Monk is clear in the media that Westwood has judged for himself - and not ‘we’re assessing him’ etc they usually say when a player has an injury

It's christmas, a time for niggly injuries. 

Dawson took his chance and retained his place on merit. Up to westwood to win his place back, firstly by competing with Wldsmith for a place the bench. 

I don't think he has a divine right to walk back into the team when he declares himself fit anymore. 

He has been a fantastic keeper for this club and should always be remembered with great fondness but I do believe his time is coming to end.

Dawson is the number one on merit and its fully deserved, I can only see him going from strength to strength and certainly needs a longer contract sorting as a priority.

The squad on a whole needs a bit of a over haul and it's long overdue.

Bruce and his team have shown you don't have to pay big fees to get good players in.

Guest Ferkorf
21 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

He's symbolic of our overpaid failures.

Best keeper we have had this decade by a country mile.

Probably or arguably only bested by pressman for the last 30 years more.

Far from a failure

31 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Monk confirms injury is being dictated by him and his pain threshold.

Is this a case of he’s being sold in January - or a case of him not wanting to sit on bench and pushing a move out himself? 

I find it quite hard to believe he has an injury as he’s dropped from side and Monk is clear in the media that Westwood has judged for himself - and not ‘we’re assessing him’ etc they usually say when a player has an injury

For him to be sold he'd want someone to offer the wages in the contract he signed in June (unlikely right now given his drop off in form)

Just now, Ferkorf said:

Best keeper we have had this decade by a country mile.

Probably or arguably only bested by pressman for the last 30 years more.

Far from a failure

Part of the clique that bottled it twice in the play offs and drew the biggest wages this club has ever paid out.

When the going gets tough he gets a niggle.

Has ability but no will to win. Look at his International career or lack of it.

No thanks. Not for me.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Amazing how all of a sudden Westwood is the absolute pits , why the hatred all of a sudden ? . You lot that slate him don’t know anything about his injuries or pay , leave the bloke alone he’s been brilliant for us . 

If it was a one off, he'd get the benefit of the doubt.

It isn't. His career is littered with if I'm not starting, then I'm self diagnosing an injury.

Guest Ferkorf
1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Part of the clique that bottled it twice in the play offs and drew the biggest wages this club has ever paid out.

No thanks. Not for me.

Alright mate Im sure you weren't slating him on the carlos had a dream bus when we were winning and he was making world class saves week in week out

2 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

No thanks. Not for me.

Morning, Jos!

;-)

• Haha 2

Just now, Ferkorf said:

Alright mate Im sure you weren't slating him on the carlos had a dream bus when we were winning and he was making world class saves week in week out

We aren't in the past now. We are in present.

Ridiculous to pay someone massive wages, who won't even fight for his shirt.

No wonder the EFL is hammering us.