BREAKING - Club Statement

16 minutes ago, ka58 said:

Just hope we don’t put ourselves in a worse situation a year down the line - this squad isn’t getting promoted this season.

One line of thought could be the millions earned from promotion will easily cover any possible EFL fine. 

54 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

The fear is that we get the chequebook out with 6 zeroes already penned in. We don't need to spend the earth... our overall wage expenditure should be finally within a reasonable figure (thanks to two years of buying cheap and releasing top earners), and we've started acquiring players that improve the squad while spending reasonable amounts.

A couple of loans, maybe one or two permanents for modest fees, coupled with offloading a couple of players in Jan (even just on loan to save wages), and we shouldn't risk further punishment a year or two down the line due to ballooning costs again, while cementing a top 6 squad.

Lets smash our record fee, must be another Rhodes out there. 

23 minutes ago, dfoster said:

Cant be it's a different process altogether- this is arbitration flowing from our complaint i think 

Yes. 

The arbitration will determine whether the charges brought us are actually legal or not. 

I need to start working in football law or someit. 

Reckon I could make a killing right now. 

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Lets smash our record fee, must be another Rhodes out there. 

Swap Rhodes for Nugent?

Let's go all out for experience and sign players like Gareth Barry, Michael Dawson, Stewart Downling and Wayne Routledge.  I see no issues giving them 3-4 year deals to secure us promotion.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rogers said:

Another gamble..(DC dream scenario) we put this claim in, stops anything else from happening and we hope to win the play offs! DC puts 2 fingers up to EFL. 

(Typical Wednesday scenario) - we don’t get in the play offs, but spend money in Jan and get into more debt, it all back fires and EFL win the case and are really pi$$ed and smash us with a massive points deduction and we get relegated. 

What debt? I haven't seen anything from the club or the EFL saying we are in debt.  We overspent on the EFLs rules but as far as i can tell though the club is running at a defecit, this has been covered entirely by its owner.  Indeed from what has been made public mr chansiri is far from on the bones of his bum.