BREAKING - Club Statement

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Said from the start they wouldn’t have pressed charges unless they knew we had broke the rules. Too much at stake for them. It’s a strong statement from the league. ‘Multiple charges’ and ‘entirely without merit’ makes you gulp. To me our statements are just us trying to prolong the inevitable for as long as possible. 

I’ve said all along the statements from the club are trying to deflect blame. DC is trying to get the fans believing it’s the EFL at fault and they’re targeting us, so when we get the inevitable deduction they’ll blame the EFL not DC. It’s working too to some extent, just read some of the replies on here 

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Sonny said:

The accounts state that we’re in debt to Chansiri. So he loans us the money and we owe it to him. Not a problem whilst ever he’s the owner and is in no hurry for it back. It’s still debt though.

Have you even seen the club accounts?  Im not aware that they have been released to the fans.

If not the money mr chansiri has put into the club could just as easily be classified as an investment (which rightly or wrongly i suspect it will be) 

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Well they kind of are the law when it comes to running / controlling the league that bears THEIR name

They are the body that the clubs use to administer the competition and determine the RULES...they have as much legal validity as you or I... despite their use of quasi/para legal trumpeting.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How can they press charges against us if we haven't broken the rules?  Confused 

They can’t. But they clearly have enough evidence to believe they can punish us. 

4 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

"Evidence to charge us...case study" they are not the bloody LAW.

We play in their League. It’s like me fighting my boss. Normally those in power will win. Can only see one outcome. We can only hope it drags and we somehow get promoted. Chances of that are slim and even if that does happen it doesn’t make us immune from punishment. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

They can’t. But they clearly have enough evidence to believe they can punish us. 

We play in their League. It’s like me fighting my boss. Normally those in power will win. Can only see one outcome. We can only hope it drags and we somehow get promoted. Chances of that are slim and even if that does happen it doesn’t make us immune from punishment. 

Well..you go down to the bottom of the garden and cry your eyes out then.. I'll take a more reasoned view..

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Think were talking past each other.  Forget it lol 

This is what happens when a governing body makes the laws up themselves, to me the EFL have messed up massively with us from FF through to the embargos and DC has had enough. Gibson and the like think they carry weight but in reality they don't they are small fry these days. DC and other foreign owners are business people who are successful for a reason, they will play the game for so long before striking out.

Most governing bodies are just an old boys network that think they can do what they like, I'm afraid those days are numbered, the FA are going through it now and FIFA and UEFA have been smashed by the legal authorities already.

I suspect a lot of clubs will be following this intensely and the EFL know it.

We are not too big but we are big enough and bring substantial money into the league along with Leeds, Forest and Derby etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Well..you go down to the bottom of the garden and cry your eyes out then.. I'll take a more reasoned view..

Take any view you like, free country n all that. 

However, try addressing one of Sally’s points. 

when at anytime have the EfL charged a club like they’ve charged us and then lost the case? 

I fully expect that if (when) we are found guilty, we’re going to get a huge punishment for having the cheek to go against the EFL. They will make an example of us and it won’t be pretty.....Or in layman’s terms, ‘we’re fu@ked’