BREAKING - Club Statement

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Don’t think we’ll need to spend much to bring in a few improvements. Our league position will be attractive to both clubs and players when considering loans. Both want the experience of “success”, rather than fighting relegation/midtable.

48 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

Have we got any money left to spend on players with all the lawyers we've got on the books at the moment? 

:duntmatter:

We will need to go to arbitration about whether legal fees count against P & S regulations soon.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So is this s step forward then? The last statement said the league didn’t even recognise our claim I think but now some arbitrators are being appointed?

Who appoints the arbitrators? Who arbitrates the arbitrators arbitrators. Tune in next time we’re making no further comment to find out.

Sounds like the club might have had a date for the independent board panel to me ....:sad:

Another gamble..(DC dream scenario) we put this claim in, stops anything else from happening and we hope to win the play offs! DC puts 2 fingers up to EFL. 

(Typical Wednesday scenario) - we don’t get in the play offs, but spend money in Jan and get into more debt, it all back fires and EFL win the case and are really pi$$ed and smash us with a massive points deduction and we get relegated. 

Edited by Rogers
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

I thought arbitrators had to be agreed by both parties? All a bit Tom Conkers.

That's my understanding too.  If so it would suggest that the EFL have taken a step back from refusing to discuss the situation as per the clubs previous statement.

• Like 2

Looks like are lawyers are already picking holes in the EFL"s case.

Could be poo or bust for the EFL. Get this one wrong and could be them looking at a massive claim against them, win and take draconian measures can see it opens the door for PL2 as think plenty of clubs in the EFL are in support of us.