BREAKING - Club Statement

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I have, according to that we owe a director some 77,000 plus change.  Can't see any other entries that suggest mr chansiris money was anything other than an investment... Or have i missed something???? 

Not being confrontational, just a question

2 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Hope I never have to go into battle with you by my side, fizz me what a wet blanket you are

It’s called being realistic. I’m just a supporter, not up to me to puff my chest out and try and fight the claims. I’m giving my point of view. If you don’t like it, ignore it. 

Just now, Hookowl said:

According to the various statements released by the club, they seem assured that we did abide by the rules.

This is the problem with this forum some fans are convinced we are in the wrong, on the flip side some fans are sure the EFL are wrong. Now unless an accountant or an auditor can come on hear and tell us for sure who's right we are just going to wait for it, i know that's not the way it works on here but that's what we are all going to have to do

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

It’s called being realistic. I’m just a supporter, not up to me to puff my chest out and try and fight the claims. I’m giving my point of view. If you don’t like it, ignore it. 

I’m with you. We wouldn’t have even drawn the attention of the EFL if we hadn’t done anything

30 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

What’s that got to do with the question, or are you just one of a few thousand that’s in denial?

It’s got a lot to do with it, as far as I can tell. If an auditor passed the accounts to an acceptable legal level and we’ve got evidence to show that the league indicated our actions would be acceptable to them... and the arbitration panel rule on matters of law (not EFL regs)... then it’s got everything to do with it. 

Obviously I've no idea if any of the above has happened bar the accounts been approved by auditors and presumably the league too at some point if they let us out the embargo... before seemingly changing their mind.

Not saying I trust us to be correct or anything but there seems to be plausible grounds. Or potentially plausible grounds.

• Like 1

Guest addedtime
1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

That's it. It's just bloody football 

We this and we that. It's not us, it's Mr Chansiri.

Way I see it the EFL have set themselves up for a potential crushing in the high courts 

they currently govern the rules to their members which is fair enough and I no doubt think we will have bent them however..... 

If we have been in constant dialogue with the EFL with accounts and sake of stadium etc.... and they have signed this off to then go back and start issuing punishments really does impact on the success and ultimately the finances of the club 

if the club are not in breach of HMRC or companies house then it’s basically just the EFL playing judge and jury and In our case we are getting hindered by being successful due to them over ruling our governing laws in the country there’s three potential cases this year granted that has hindered our progression 

1) the compensation of George Horst being derogatory and basically bending the rules I know not a direct EFL ruling but this sets the president in football that clubs manipulate the rules to their advantage and as a member we need protecting better we could have potentially had much more compensation which may have helped us achieve the EFLs P&S rules  ( it wouldn’t have but the point still stands )  

2) the banning of FF having basically overturning a court of laws decision the EFL the banned arguably our star player for a significant period which could have seriously impacted the clubs league performance 

3) the EFL putting further sanctions on our club for the sale of our ground they signed it off. Other clubs have done the same and our justice system seem satisfied with it

if the EFL punish us and we fail to gain promotion and the club take this to the high court and they find the EFLs actions in preventing our club to be successful unlawful ( which it is ) it’s only their rules 

them the EFL could be facing a hefty compensation pay out to us maybe in the tune of £150million ( premier league money ) plus expenses 

follow on other clubs following suit our EFL may soon find themselves bankrupt

My guess is Chansiri will 100% feel he’s right and he has the stubbornness and finances to take this all the way 

it will be an ugly and expensive Long battle 

If I was the EFL I’d be thinking long and hard about getting a settlement or resolution to this because our chairman is no fool and will fight them so if there sat there being Pig ignorant thinking they are above the law and lose this they could be bitten hard

on the flip side I’m no doubt realise that the rules and punishments they set to their members who agree on votes are accepted by our governing laws and this maybe their saviour 

however have they been challenged in a court of law as unlawful 

my thing is as a chairman you should be aloud to find your club as private investment he’s done this the best he can to spend in sponsoring the shirt, stadium advertisements and selling the stadium but the EFL are stopping him from investing and punishing him for pushing their rulings 

the rules need looking at if I chairman wanted to gift a club 10million then take that back in dividends when reaching the premier league as long as they leave the club in less debt than they bought it for this should be sanctioned after all it’s their money to invest 

Go get them DC 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

It’s got a lot to do with it, as far as I can tell. If an auditor passed the accounts to an acceptable legal level and we’ve got evidence to show that the league indicated our actions would be acceptable to them... and the arbitration panel rule on matters of law (not EFL regs)... then it’s got everything to do with it. 

Obviously I've no idea if any of the above has happened bar the accounts been approved by auditors and presumably the league too at some point if they let us out the embargo... before seemingly changing their mind.

Not saying I trust us to be correct or anything but there seems to be plausible grounds. Or potentially plausible grounds.

As I understand it, and I know about as much as anyone else on here, our accounts are signed off by our accountant and then filed at companies house - with a copy going to the EFL for them to study RE PnS rules. Weren’t we under the original embargo due to our accounts being late?

So the EFL receive our accounts and lift the embargo. They then study the accounts and discover what they believe to be an anomaly regarding the sale of the ground, hence us being charged. 

IMO. I dunno if that’s exactly correct

9 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Of course they do, hence the action the club have taken. The EFL equally seem assured we didn’t. 

Correct, so why, if both parties believe they are right, do some on here want us to roll over and give in without a fight?

3 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

No what you’re doing is what you always do and that is take anything that could have even a slight negative angle for the club, then taking that view and exaggerating it, running with it and moaning about the club you claim to support. 

if a police officer waves you through a red light to clear a junction the 2 weeks later you get a ticket through the post because that red light had a camera on it would you just accept the ticket or would you challenge it because you believe you had authority to go through it?  After all you did go through the red light or you would have got the ticket. 

The EFL are not just accusing the club and it’s officers here, they are inadvertently accusing our auditors of either knowingly breaking the law of the land, or doing so through incompetence. Do you recon they are going to bend over and take it or do you recon they may fight it?

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

2) the banning of FF having basically overturning a court of laws decision the EFL the banned arguably our star player for a significant period which could have seriously impacted the clubs league performance 

Forestieri was charged/fined by the FA not the EFL

1 minute ago, Hookowl said:

Correct, so why, if both parties believe they are right, do some on here want us to roll over and give in without a fight?

Well I’ve not seen many say that. However, I do agree somewhat to the thought that DC might well be setting us up for a bigger fall if, as some say, he’s p***ing in the wind with these charges against the EFL. Some are worried we might get a heftier deduction if it’s found that DCs counter claims hold no truth. 

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Quite possibly. 

As others have pointed out, an arbitration has to be agreed by both parties. 

The arbitration will determine whether the EFL have acted unlawfully in bringing these charges against us. 

Fingers crossed, this comes back in favour or, at the very least, some sort of compromise is reached between the parties. 

Not beyond the realms of possibility where both parties have screwed up here to some extent. 

Think the EFL would welcome the arbitration coming down on our side. Get a rid of a headache for them not to mention a huge legal bill. Thought EFL job was to promote the game not take it's member's to court.

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Well I’ve not seen many say that. However, I do agree somewhat to the thought that DC might well be setting us up for a bigger fall if, as some say, he’s p***ing in the wind with these charges against the EFL. Some are worried we might get a heftier deduction if it’s found that DCs counter claims hold no truth. 

My belief is the club is pushing for arbitration in order to avoid the ‘making an example of us’

On another note, it’s a pretty sac state of affairs when well meaning owners are prevented from inVesting their wealth when charlatans like Anderson, Day and Dale are welcomed with open arms.

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

As I understand it, and I know about as much as anyone else on here, our accounts are signed off by our accountant and then filed at companies house - with a copy going to the EFL for them to study RE PnS rules. Weren’t we under the original embargo due to our accounts being late?

So the EFL receive our accounts and lift the embargo. They then study the accounts and discover what they believe to be an anomaly regarding the sale of the ground, hence us being charged. 

IMO. I dunno if that’s exactly correct

Why didn't the EFL check our accounts BEFORE  signing them off?  If they spot something they don't like After they have ok'd then, that's their own stupid fault. 

15 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

I have, according to that we owe a director some 77,000 plus change.  Can't see any other entries that suggest mr chansiris money was anything other than an investment... Or have i missed something???? 

Not being confrontational, just a question

You’ve found the right page but that’s 77 million not thousand.

• Haha 2