James Beattie & Ryan Needs

2 hours ago, bob C said:

Oh , for the days when we had big Jack and tony toms , and they sorted the lot of em out “Quite literally” 

now we seem to have as many coaches as players 

When I think of Tony Toms, I'm reminded of the time he took the squad on a army type survival course on the moors

And the Sheffield Telegraph came up with this gem

post-5086-1254320577.jpg.b34337e09fb7c671bae6b16d873e312f.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Hopefully this is the end of the Carlos era and bullen moves on 

Nice bloke but we need a freshen up from managers to players

Good place to start 

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Bullen will have had to adapt an awful lot once Carlos came in.   Then again for Jos, then again for Bruce.

That is an awful lot of nose being put out of joint, but yet when for the third time he had a crack at caretaker, he decided to do things his way, not Carlos way, not Jos way, not Bruce's way.

I think Lee Bullen is pretty malleable and in no way an issue, he can stay or go but he won't hinder Gary Monk or any of his ideals.   It also doesn't detract that Bullen is a voice and will exert his will, under direction. 

Edit:  Also, I do like a certain amount of continuity.   Call it lame if you will but Bullen is a good example in what should be aimed for in football, a bit of loyalty.   He has the ear of some of the more senior players and I think all the players look up to him, despite him not having top notch playing career - we may have been his pinnacle, i'm not sure.     I don't see a value in losing someone like Bullen, but I do see value in obtaining more influence and knowledge on top of the likes of Lee Bullen.

Edited by Salmonbones
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Sticky belly said:

Wow. That's one horrible site, ads and videos loading everywhere it's like clicking onto a Star link. Written by Brian wee pipe too WTF:

Edit 1::duntmatter: That is meant to say Brian ****. Actually wee pipe sounds better 

Edit 2: Ha ha swear filter issues. I just cannot by pass it!

uBlock Origin is what you need. Works on FF, Chrome, Opera and Safari. You can block elements, let it block elements or set up your own rules. Either way, ad free, banner free, tracker free browsing.

And I think the word you were looking for is Dïck

3 hours ago, bob C said:

Oh , for the days when we had big Jack and tony toms , and they sorted the lot of em out “Quite literally” 

now we seem to have as many coaches as players 

You’re forgetting Maurice Setters...and wasn’t St John on the coaching team for a while as well?

A lot on here rate Beattie’s coaching work, especially with the forwards Now I don’t know much about what he’s been up to, other than Birmingham, but they’re not exactly a great example, when it comes to attacking football are they

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A lot on here rate Beattie’s coaching work, especially with the forwards Now I don’t know much about what he’s been up to, other than Birmingham, but they’re not exactly a great example, when it comes to attacking football are they

They helped get Che Adams to be valued at over £16m so must have done some good work.

14 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Hopefully this is the end of the Carlos era and bullen moves on 

Nice bloke but we need a freshen up from managers to players

Good place to start 

Why on earth would you want Bullen gone. Unless you have any inside info and know Bullen to be a poor coach then I don't get it. You cut him in half and he bleeds blue and white.

2 hours ago, gurujuan said:

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

They helped get Che Adams to be valued at over £16m so must have done some good work.

Jutkiewicz scored 14 goals last season too.

We all know Guru though; loves to be negative. About owt.