James Beattie & Ryan Needs

29 minutes ago, vulva said:

Monk is only on a very short term contract so i’d be surprised if these lads left longer contracts at Birmingham to come here. 

How long is Monk's contract? I'd not given it a second's thought when he was appointed, but seeing it mentioned now, I realise I have no idea.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

How long is Monk's contract? I'd not given it a second's thought when he was appointed, but seeing it mentioned now, I realise I have no idea.

End of the season, apparently. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, vulva said:

End of the season, apparently. 

Cheers.

I missed that.

Chansiri did the same with Carvalhal, as far as I remember. I can't remember about Bruce, other than he refused to discuss it at his unveiling. One year rolling contracts aren't the worst idea, as they allow us to take stock each summer and make a change if things aren't working out. We've just got to hope nobody wants to poach our manager towards the end of their contract, otherwise we'll get nothing in the way of compensation if they run down the last month or so.

On 09/10/2019 at 09:21, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why on earth would you want Bullen gone. Unless you have any inside info and know Bullen to be a poor coach then I don't get it. You cut him in half and he bleeds blue and white.

For me it boils down to what Bullen wants, if he's ambitious now he's had a taste of managment and wants to try is hand further he needs to leave, get a job in the lower divisions and learn his trade. 

If not stay here as a coach, its his decision now to make. 

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

For me it boils down to what Bullen wants, if he's ambitious now he's had a taste of managment and wants to try is hand further he needs to leave, get a job in the lower divisions and learn his trade. 

Bullen said this summer he wants to be here when we're eventually promoted to god-like premier league status. I don't think he'd walk. If Bullen leaves, it's because he's told to. 

37 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I think he's happy doing what he's doing now tbf

On 12/10/2019 at 17:10, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Cheers.

I missed that.

Chansiri did the same with Carvalhal, as far as I remember. I can't remember about Bruce, other than he refused to discuss it at his unveiling. One year rolling contracts aren't the worst idea, as they allow us to take stock each summer and make a change if things aren't working out. We've just got to hope nobody wants to poach our manager towards the end of their contract, otherwise we'll get nothing in the way of compensation if they run down the last month or so.

I would think it would be a good sign if somebody wanted to poach our manager towards the end of the season. Surely that would mean he is doing a good job. 

4 minutes ago, millo said:

I would think it would be a good sign if somebody wanted to poach our manager towards the end of the season. Surely that would mean he is doing a good job. 

Fair point.

I suppose what I mean is that we want other clubs to be after our manager, but for him to stay put.

I can't be doing with another Bruce fiasco...

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Fair point.

I suppose what I mean is that we want other clubs to be after our manager, but for him to stay put.

I can't be doing with another Bruce fiasco...

Exactly.

23 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Bullen said this summer he wants to be here when we're eventually promoted to god-like premier league status. I don't think he'd walk. If Bullen leaves, it's because he's told to. 

Was that pre? Or post?

"geordie shore gate" and cabbage head doing a runner up the A1 for all you can eat kebabs bud. 

On 09/10/2019 at 17:02, Sham67 said:

First time I've ever heard that and I knew a few of that squad socially at the time and for a good few years after.

Never mind. They obviously knew you were likely to blab. I heard this from several football and none football sources at the time, just after and years after.

On 14/10/2019 at 13:31, Buddy Repperton said:

Never a good idea to bring ex-pigs to Hillsborough. 

Ex United manager John Harris did a great job behind the scenes for Big Jack brought along a lot of the good youngsters around that time, even told Big Jack to try Sterland at right back