James Beattie & Ryan Needs

13 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

When I think of Tony Toms, I'm reminded of the time he took the squad on a army type survival course on the moors

And the Sheffield Telegraph came up with this gem

post-5086-1254320577.jpg.b34337e09fb7c671bae6b16d873e312f.jpg

there will be thousands of kids on here no idea who tony toms was    lets put it this way if he said jump ....

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

Those two things are not mutually exclusive.

Bullen will have had to adapt an awful lot once Carlos came in.   Then again for Jos, then again for Bruce.

That is an awful lot of nose being put out of joint, but yet when for the third time he had a crack at caretaker, he decided to do things his way, not Carlos way, not Jos way, not Bruce's way.

I think Lee Bullen is pretty malleable and in no way an issue, he can stay or go but he won't hinder Gary Monk or any of his ideals.   It also doesn't detract that Bullen is a voice and will exert his will, under direction. 

Edit:  Also, I do like a certain amount of continuity.   Call it lame if you will but Bullen is a good example in what should be aimed for in football, a bit of loyalty.   He has the ear of some of the more senior players and I think all the players look up to him, despite him not having top notch playing career - we may have been his pinnacle, i'm not sure.     I don't see a value in losing someone like Bullen, but I do see value in obtaining more influence and knowledge on top of the likes of Lee Bullen.

Bang on word by 

bullen does not represent a negative for the club some may question what’s right for bullpens career but that’s up to him to decide 

personally I applaud his loyalty to the club and not one what manager has voiced any concerns over his presence if it was negative they would have him removed but he continues to add support to first team affairs.

out ethos and playing style changes under different managers and bullen supports it why change that 

probably won’t find a better professional more suitable for our club 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, steelowl said:

there will be thousands of kids on here no idea who tony toms was    lets put it this way if he said jump ....

He had the team on steroids (allegedly) to get them pumped up, because he thought they were a bit too wimpy! We just missed relegation to the 4th tier that season. After that we just went from strength to strength (literally).

59 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

He had the team on steroids (allegedly) to get them pumped up, because he thought they were a bit too wimpy! We just missed relegation to the 4th tier that season. After that we just went from strength to strength (literally).

First time I've ever heard that and I knew a few of that squad socially at the time and for a good few years after.

9 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

Jutkiewicz scored 14 goals last season too.

We all know Guru though; loves to be negative. About owt. 

Probably be out of our price range but I reckon Monk would be interested in bringing Jutkiewicz here at some stage in the future?

12 hours ago, gurujuan said:

A lot on here rate Beattie’s coaching work, especially with the forwards Now I don’t know much about what he’s been up to, other than Birmingham, but they’re not exactly a great example, when it comes to attacking football are they

Birmingham may not be a shining light of attacking play, but I do think having more coaches on board is not a bad thing.   Like you I can't tell you his worth as a coach but he's been in and around some good squads in his time with some decent managers.  

On 09/10/2019 at 09:21, Ellis Rimmer said:

Why on earth would you want Bullen gone. Unless you have any inside info and know Bullen to be a poor coach then I don't get it. You cut him in half and he bleeds blue and white.

Couple of things:-

1) Blood

blood.PNG.3fb25cf41cac7e3a2730b770ec7da963.PNG

2) If you cut someone in half they are dead and you go to jail. I cant stress this enough - DON'T CUT SOMEONE IN HALF.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

If you haven't watched this comedy recommended you give it a try absolutely brilliant, the cast, the direction and very funny in a dry sort of way. 

On BBC IPlayer 

Glorious TV, Makes me homesick every time.

7 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

If you haven't watched this comedy recommended you give it a try absolutely brilliant, the cast, the direction and very funny in a dry sort of way. 

On BBC IPlayer 

I was looking for a gif of those 2 when out looking for the Mayors Chain, up greno woods dogging,.

PS I am a detectorist, love the series.

• Haha 1