Jordan Rhodes

16 hours ago, Bulldog said:

There's a reason he wasn't in the squad today. I don't believe people are - or should be - bashing him but the facts speak for themselves. This is the prolific striker who's strike rate is around 1 in 5 for us since he signed.

I didn't realise it was that good tbh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The most disappointing signing in 36 years following SWFC. 

Sure he’s a lovely bloke and some of the blame here should sit with Carlos, but still very disappointing overall. 

I thought the owner was quite clear when he told us it was the fans that were to blame?

17 hours ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Great! Yet another Jordan Rhodes thread :ghoulguy:

Typical Owlstalk isn't it. New manager, good day for the club, decent away win. Priority: slag off Rhodes.

A bit like the old days when a month before any transfer window there would be a ten page thread about why we should bankrupt ourselves to go and get Jordan Rhodes.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Think Monk will be enamoured with Adthe at the minute, after his "cameo" at 'Udders....

Sky commentary...

Nuhiu!!..He's unstoppable!"

Was my particular highlight from yesterday...

If only

When he came on, he helped the team and looked a handful. The crowd responded to it as did the rest of the team 

This has been the case on plenty of occasions 

Never have I thought that about Rhodes since he’s been here 

10 hours ago, Quist said:

He was only in 18 due to Bullen doing an old pals act with his father. His performances have been very poor and does not deserve a place. 

I think Norwich were not realistic about signing him and it was just a front to give him some publicity them to say thank you and hopefully generate publicity to get him a move. Realistically when have you ever seen a player be part of a promotion winning squad to Premiership and they try to secure a player who was on loan with them last year for less money than they paid previous year. if reports of what they were offering this would have been situation. I can understand Dc rejecting this type of offer but if he does have 2 ears left on his contract it would have saved £3 million in wages and that is probably a better return than we will get elsewhere. 

As far as I understand from what was reported before he went to Norwich, if we sell him (or give him away, as some are suggesting) then the full sum owed to Middlesbrough needs to be paid.  At the moment we are paying instalments to lessen the impact on FFP.  Moving him on for nothing would indeed save a chunk of wages, but if that means we have to immediately pay the balance we owe on the transfer fee then it could be a significant enough loss to tip us over the edge.

Obviously that was all pre stadium sale, which may have changed the landscape completely.

23 minutes ago, George said:

Typical Owlstalk isn't it. New manager, good day for the club, decent away win. Priority: slag off Rhodes.

A bit like the old days when a month before any transfer window there would be a ten page thread about why we should bankrupt ourselves to go and get Jordan Rhodes.

Cheers! 

That was the point I was trying to make.

I guess some on here are either very sensitive or have no sense of humour (sob,sob)!

• Thanks 1

Rhodes has been very poorly managed, and is going down the road of Melo, Abdi, Urby and so on. We’ve got an asset depreciating in value, quickly, daily. Should have been moved on 12 months ago, a solution that is best for all parties. Not every transfer works out, no problem with that, but to allow the situation to drag on like it has, is equally unacceptable. 

1 hour ago, oz_owl said:

As far as I understand from what was reported before he went to Norwich, if we sell him (or give him away, as some are suggesting) then the full sum owed to Middlesbrough needs to be paid.  At the moment we are paying instalments to lessen the impact on FFP.  Moving him on for nothing would indeed save a chunk of wages, but if that means we have to immediately pay the balance we owe on the transfer fee then it could be a significant enough loss to tip us over the edge.

Obviously that was all pre stadium sale, which may have changed the landscape completely.

It is a fair point you make and think DC is managing funds far more carefully this season.. Think the anomaly you point out shows idiocy of current system. Where you could expect club to make £3 million of savings by getting rid of a player it actually makes situation worse in current year but much better next season. How is this helping clubs to manage financial situation?

23 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

Is that it then?

Will he even make the bench again?

Seems like ahuge waste of a limited budget.

FFS.

Has been since day 1, DC bowed to the wishes of a good majority of posters on here to sign a player who couldnt get into an average middlesborough side, his intentions are good but his lethal goal scoring days are over, one of many mistakes that have cost us dearly.