Jordan Rhodes

8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Wheal & Deal.

IF Norwich still want him come January, for nowt, why not do a swap?.

Rhodes for 1 or 2 of their fringe players, if any are good enough.

Im not convinced Norwich will want a striker that appears to be  behind Nuhiu in the pecking order.

Even on a free transfer,I cant see them paying his wages.

FFS.

1 hour ago, debram said:

Has been since day 1, DC bowed to the wishes of a good majority of posters on here to sign a player who couldnt get into an average middlesborough side, his intentions are good but his lethal goal scoring days are over, one of many mistakes that have cost us dearly.

Unfortunatley we could match your statement to British manager Steve Bruce.

FFS.

Incredible that we’ve just let another transfer window go by without moving Rhodes on.  Especially considering that other clubs showed an interest in the player this summer.

What’s even more incredible is that we’ve still got fans that will defend his performances.

If you factor in the loan fee we paid to Boro, the transfer fee itself in 2017 and the high wages that Rhodes will be on, compared to his performances in the Wednesday shirt, the money that this club has wasted on Rhodes is eye-watering.

We’re probably talking about a cool £1,000,000 for every goal he’s scored in an Owls shirt.

12 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Incredible that we’ve just let another transfer window go by without moving Rhodes on.  Especially considering that other clubs showed an interest in the player this summer.

What’s even more incredible is that we’ve still got fans that will defend his performances.

If you factor in the loan fee we paid to Boro, the transfer fee itself in 2017 and the high wages that Rhodes will be on, compared to his performances in the Wednesday shirt, the money that this club has wasted on Rhodes is eye-watering.

We’re probably talking about a cool £1,000,000 for every goal he’s scored in an Owls shirt.

Maybe we tried getting shut, but wanted a fee that nobody wanted to pay.

FFS.

20 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

How do you get him off the wage bill ? Who in their right minds would take him off our hands and match his wages ?

Did you read what I put? I was talking in the past tense. We had the chance to move him to Norwich. Hence why I said we may regret that. 

47 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I think he's saying, how do we get him off the wage bill when nobody wants him? Or the only club that do want him, dont want to pay anything, meaning we would have to pay Middlesbrough £4m we don't have?

His wages are around £2m per year and we still have to pay Middlesbrough whatever regardless? 

15 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

His wages are around £2m per year and we still have to pay Middlesbrough whatever regardless? 

Yes, but if we move him we have to pay all we owe to Middlesbrough straight away, rather than the instalments we're currently paying (£2m per year over 4 years if the original reports were correct).  From a FFP perspective that would have been suicide for us given how close we were to the edge.

23 hours ago, evaD said:

Offloading him in January is an absolute must.

Then bring in a replacement. With pace.

Then replace Murphy with Aarons.

Then bring in a left-back.

Then bring in a creative central midfielder.

Then get promoted.

Did you apply for the job?

I've no idea how you were overlooked if so

Genius

A question though what about next season.

How do we make the step up to Champions  League?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Quist said:

He was only in 18 due to Bullen doing an old pals act with his father. His performances have been very poor and does not deserve a place. 

I think Norwich were not realistic about signing him and it was just a front to give him some publicity them to say thank you and hopefully generate publicity to get him a move. Realistically when have you ever seen a player be part of a promotion winning squad to Premiership and they try to secure a player who was on loan with them last year for less money than they paid previous year. if reports of what they were offering this would have been situation. I can understand Dc rejecting this type of offer but if he does have 2 ears left on his contract it would have saved £3 million in wages and that is probably a better return than we will get elsewhere. 

I'm sure he has 2 ears left. (and right).

He did on the last picture I saw of him and I've not  heard that Holyfield has been near him since.

Surely someone on here Nose!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
11 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

See I thought it would be 4231 but the way we set up was 442, Reach was more advanced than fletch for the most part but as you say anonymous.

Hopefully Winnall has given enough reason to say I can play in a 2.

I didn’t see it as 4-4-2. I think it was 4-5-1 with Reach supporting. Winnall played slightly further forward when he came on though.

22 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

You'd have to say this system is perfect for him and historically he has had his best spells in this sort of set up.

As Elvis once said, it's now or never.

Agree 100%, either way, he's on the payroll, so lets see how Monk uses him.  

I would so laugh my ass off, and eat my words, if Rhodes bangs in 20 this Season.  I was rather hoping that Norwich was going to make a reasonable offer...Wednesday seems to be playing according to that what he does.  It's not a case of say, Nuhiu or Rhodes, more a case of Nuhiu and Rhodes, in a front 2 or 3, Wednesday has some options in a front 2 or 3, with or without Rhodes, but I'd like to see him get one more chance, why not?  We're paying for him anyway, and if he stinks up the place, he gets flushed.  

9 hours ago, oz_owl said:

Yes, but if we move him we have to pay all we owe to Middlesbrough straight away, rather than the instalments we're currently paying (£2m per year over 4 years if the original reports were correct).  From a FFP perspective that would have been suicide for us given how close we were to the edge.

Say that’s true... that doesn’t stop a loan deal. Like last year we could have sent him to Norwich. Another £2m saved to pay Middlesbrough. Keeping him made no sense. 

10 hours ago, Hawkowl said:

Im not convinced Norwich will want a striker that appears to be  behind Nuhiu in the pecking order.

Even on a free transfer,I cant see them paying his wages.

FFS.

Norwich was used as an example, the same thing could be done with any club and any player.

We cannot afford to BUY any one just yet, so wheeling *& Dealing is the only way to get players off the books and bringing in any new players.

Doh!.

Edited by adelphi1867