Positive spin on Monk

I always quite liked Gary Monk's style of football at Swansea and was gutted when l**ds signed him, but his football style and open approach to interviews have to be balanced up now with his dodgy dealings through his agent. Hopefully his agent and Paixo will fight to the death and neutralise each other, leaving us free to enjoy the Merry Monk's brand of football.

Happy to wait and see what happens, but feeling on the up side of optimistic as long as dodgy dealings are a thing of the past.

Welcome back to Hillsborough Gary, UTO!

Could be really good or wasted year. Not a bad choice more meh give him a go. Need to be prepared before we lose or sack a manager in future the time wasted and opportunities missed are bad. Need to be better organised.  So far Bruce n Carlos seem to been good choices planned at the time Jos n Monk only turkey in the shop with Jos n only half decent one we can get right now with Monk. Not good enough if we want to be seriously challenging. 

Hope he stuns us all with how well he can do.

For me Bruce set a bench mark of what our squad can do. Monk needs time to settle in but that's what I'll expect no matter who I got the job.

Good luck 

1 hour ago, gizowl said:

Probably not my first choice, but there's a lot of worse choices, Karanka McLaren Pulis O'Neill Keane, so lets give him a chance and get behind him. UTO. 

Would have all them (Except McLaren) instead of Monk.

If Monk is announced this afternoon it will be a massively underwhelming  appointment, I'd rather us stick with Lee Bullen.

7 weeks and we've ended up here FFS !!

3 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Most managers get sacked anyway. Leeds over achieved with an average and very thin squad. 

Chris Wood

Pablo Hernandez

Kemar Roofe

Pontus Jansson

Charlie Taylor

Gaetano Berardi

Rob Green

Luke Ayling

These players were all in Leeds’ 2016/17 squad when Monk finished 7th in the Championship.

How many of those are average Championship players?  I’d argue that’s the basis of a strong first team at this level.  There’s several other established names from that squad I could have thrown in too.

Bearing in mind this was the season that Reading finished 3rd in the league.  Now that was an average squad.

Leeds overachieving in 16/17 under Monk?  Nah, not in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, debram said:

Rowett, Holloway, but they are hardly inspiring but obviously we havnt approached Cowley (wonder why) who imo would be better than any of these two and Monk.

Cowley was my choice.

10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Chris Wood

Pablo Hernandez

Kemar Roofe

Pontus Jansson

Charlie Taylor

Gaetano Berardi

Rob Green

Luke Ayling

These players were all in Leeds’ 2016/17 squad when Monk finished 7th in the Championship.

How many of those are average Championship players?  I’d argue that’s the basis of a strong first team at this level.  There’s several other established names from that squad I could have thrown in too.

Bearing in mind this was the season that Reading finished 3rd in the league.  Now that was an average squad.

Leeds overachieving in 16/17 under Monk?  Nah, not in my opinion.

Fair point. 

Still did well with a thin squad, that died off in the final stages of the season due to that reason. We’ve a deeper squad and have a lot of ability in their of our own. Yes there’s areas that need improving but with the squad we have I’m confident he’ll be able to do well with us. 

If I’m honest I’m just really glad it’s not Pulis 

many worse options than Garry Monk , it’s all about the squad here if he can get us performing to potential he’s as good a chance as Bruce would’ve had of been successful 

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

You missed off the huge implosion at Leeds to miss out on the playoffs,

Also missed off being sacked 4 times in 5 years.

Missed off the investigation into having helped his agent profit from transfers.

I get it, it’s a positive spin. But just no 

Have to agree with this.  

Doesn't fill me with much optimism.  

3 minutes ago, Rodger Wylde said:

In reality it's a bang average championship manager for a bang average championship club.

No more, no less.

Finally someone gets it 

No real feelings on this appointment. He’s what to expect for a club of our stature. Let’s hope he does well 

1 hour ago, jonesy87shef said:

You missed off the huge implosion at Leeds to miss out on the playoffs,

Also missed off being sacked 4 times in 5 years.

Missed off the investigation into having helped his agent profit from transfers.

I get it, it’s a positive spin. But just no 

This this this.