Positive spin on Monk

6 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo Monk would have been nowhere near the top of DC’s manager list. I think he tried to get Cowley earlier this week but Cowley turned us down (don’t blame him) hence Monk saying things moved fast over the last 48 hours. However I find it unbelievable if he can’t bring his own staff in and Bullen has been shunted in to being monks assistant. Already put Monk on the back foot but if he’s agreed to it that really is weak on his behalf. 

Bullen, the old furniture passed around to all the tenants.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Really can’t be arsed with this appointment 

More positive than Pulis though right? The appointment that would have had you just about done with Wednesday but you would still attend......

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Better than Pulis, but another season of mediocrity beckons. 

On what basis and who do you think would do significantly better?

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

No course he wouldn’t you’re right

We are massive etc etc etc 

They admitted contact with Huddersfield yet said they hadn't had discussions with us.

If you think that they think Lincoln are a better prospect fair enough but it is a bit simplistic to think that. There are many factor that may influence their decision or it may simply be that they never had a decision to make.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t know. Just sums up where we are as a club.

So you can't put forward a better realistic option but are content to moan before this one has even got started? This sums up where you are as a supporter, as most of your posts attest to. 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So you can't put forward a better realistic option but are content to moan before this one has even got started? This sums up where you are as a supporter, as most of your posts attest to. 

Cowley. Appoint a sporting director of football, look at the foreign market like Norwich and Huddersfield. Let’s try to be a progressive football club.

Seems to me this is just another quick fix, which will ultimately end up like past managerially appointments.

20 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Imo Monk would have been nowhere near the top of DC’s manager list. I think he tried to get Cowley earlier this week but Cowley turned us down (don’t blame him) hence Monk saying things moved fast over the last 48 hours. However I find it unbelievable if he can’t bring his own staff in and Bullen has been shunted in to being monks assistant. Already put Monk on the back foot but if he’s agreed to it that really is weak on his behalf. 

What makes you say that?

He has resigned from positions in the past when he hasn't got on with the owners. Maybe he has confidence in his own ability and feels there is enough to work with at the club to make a success of it?

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Cowley. Appoint a sporting director of football, look at the foreign market like Norwich and Huddersfield. Let’s try to be a progressive football club.

Seems to me this is just another quick fix, which will ultimately end up like past managerially appointments.

Huddersfield now remind of where we were when we got relegated from the PL, be careful what you wish for. Cowley would have been a gamble given his complete lack of experience at this level. Could have gone either way, an approach that has worked for some and failed for others. 

Monk has done decent jobs at this level and above. The off field stuff was a big concern for me but something we are seemingly accustomed to anyway. Worth giving a chance in my opinion. 

8 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Huddersfield is a trashfire.

And not convinced on the long term sheet sustainability of Norwich's model.  Seems like they just rode an in form striker last year, not unheard of.

4 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Swansea

1st season was in Prem with Swansea. Finished 12th. Came in in Feb and got 18 points from 14 games. 

2nd season finished 8th with Swansea. 

3rd season. Sacked after 12 games with club in 15th.

Leeds 

1st season. Finished 7th with mad man Cellino in charge of the club. Leaves for boro in summer. 

Middlesbrough 

1st season. Sacked after 22 games with team in 8th. 

Birmingham.

1st season. Joins 4th March with club in bottom 3. Keeps them up in 19th.

2nd season. 

2nd season. Finishes 17th with an average Birmingham side. 

If its him back him. 

Can’t argue with those stats

• Haha 1