Positive spin on Monk

2 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'm not chuffed but as much as I love a grumble about Wednesday I'll always get behind a new manager. 

My thoughts too, at least a decision has been made and will get my wholehearted support. 

We never know, he might just do ok?

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Come on, be fair, would we be happy with any of those as our manager

I don’t care who we appoint.. just want us to win matches and get promoted. Karanka got them promoted so can’t see why they’d whinge about him. Pulis had them top 6 with an average team.. Monk was steady there.. they don’t have the players for top 2 so can’t see why they would complain so much when managers have them finishing 5-8th every year

25 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

It would only be to try and appease the absolute knownowts on here who wouldn’t know where Hillsborough was if they tripped over it!

so for that reason alone I’m in total agreement with you!

You mean the same people who would "definitely" go to a game if it was cheaper? :ph34r:

49 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

You missed off the huge implosion at Leeds to miss out on the playoffs,

Also missed off being sacked 4 times in 5 years.

Missed off the investigation into having helped his agent profit from transfers.

I get it, it’s a positive spin. But just no 

Most managers get sacked anyway. Leeds over achieved with an average and very thin squad. 

29 minutes ago, Mercian Owl said:

Young manager, still got something to prove, both better and worse managers out there. I'm not disappointed and think no reason why this could be the club it clicks for him.

This is what I’m clinging to. He’s not got a fantastic record but he hasn’t got a bad one either. Young manager who seems to embrace new ideas and methods plus has something to prove particularly to our old friend Mr Gibson. Yes this could be the club where it clicks for him?

This thread. The man hasn't even had his 1st press conference and people have decided he is no good and even seen the words the sack. Have we lost the ability to just see what happens anymore, we have to have a strong opinion on everything? We don't know how Monk will do, but he is a professional football manager with experience. Give him a chance? This is why i have been sticking up for Bullen and DC, because the people who panic sometimes will never be happy. We need patience with a plan that lasts longer than 12 months. Now we have Monk we need to give him at least 2 years to see how his plan is going. The only reason to sack would be if relegation is a threat, as long as competitive, let him re-build the team. End of.