Positive spin on Monk

22 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Delivering results?

Pl. 59 W.19 L.20

Thanks for putting our minds at rest. Prem here we come

FFS

Don’t shoot the messenger ffs , I was only reporting what he told me earlier this summer when we were having a chat about our respective expectations for the season. 

7 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Cowley thinks Lincoln is a job with better prospects that us.

Says an awful lot really.

Lincoln FFS

Us or Huddersfield.  Lincoln is their baby, they're settled and evidently they have unfinished business.  I don't see an issue.  It's not a real indictment on us .  I really had doubts they'd bail on their pet project in-season.

1 minute ago, Matt_1 said:

Did you watch Swansea when he led them to their highest Prem finish?

He was in charge 77 games W28 L32 (admittedly in the Prem). Sacked after less than 2 years in charge following a run of one win in 11 Premier matches, which left the club 15th. Pick out his one career highlight to be positive by all means. I’ll remain balanced and underwhelmed 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

That’s just it, it will be a complete waste of an appointment, and another bloke we’ll have to pay off a year down the line

He's got a very short pay off period. Was a week, hence why he wanted to renegotiate. All sorts of other weird clauses in there.

3 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

DC can’t really win here

He wanted Hughton who wasn’t interested, he’s tried for Pulis who would have split the fan base in two.

DC was never going to poach another employed manager so the talks of Cowley or early suggestions of Stendal was never going to happen

That leaves with the out of work managers. The two standouts on there are Rowett and Monk. Both know the division and more likely to know the players 

Monk took Leeds from nowhere to nearly the play offs. I agree Boro was a shocker but at Birmingham he’s done well with what was going on around him

As for the action against him why all of a sudden is everyone siding with that cap end Gibson?

Why didn't they want to join, that is the question?

Is it because they wont have full control? Is Monk a yes man ?

The press conference video to me he looks like a man who cant believe his luck. Couldn't stop smirking. Baffled by him not bringing his own staff in also!

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Boro hate Karanka, Boro hate Pulis, Boro hate Monk, Boro will probably hate Woodgate next. Maybe the issue there is..................BORO.

That's okay cause we hate  Gibson, full rate lobber at a shi  te  club. 

4 hours ago, jonesy87shef said:

You missed off the huge implosion at Leeds to miss out on the playoffs,

Also missed off being sacked 4 times in 5 years.

Missed off the investigation into having helped his agent profit from transfers.

I get it, it’s a positive spin. But just no 

To be fair Leeds manage to implode every season, even did so under Bielsa in the play-offs. 

Sacked at Middlesbrough when in 8th place, bit harsh and it hasn't got much better for them since.

Sacked at Birmingham due to a fall out with the owners. He had them top-half last season before the points deduction kicked in which was pretty impressive.

He wasn't my first choice by any means and I didn't want him due to the allegations about the agent stuff with the transfers. The last thing we need is more speculation about who is controlling our transfers and for what purpose but it will at least make a change from Doyen being blamed for every deal! WTF:

His record at this level is respectable enough and would prefer this over someone with no Championship experience of continuing with the limbo we have been in for the past 2 months. 

2 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

The press conference video to me he looks like a man who cant believe his luck. Couldn't stop smirking. Baffled by him not bringing his own staff in also!

Cos we're heading for an iceberg and the decent crew have bailed out - Bruce and team, Katrien et al.

And we are only club now that would employ Monk now after those allegations from 3 different Championship clubs.

7 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Are some of his usual back room stuff in other jobs? I'm sure they'll try and get employment with GM

30 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Cowley thinks Lincoln is a job with better prospects that us.

Says an awful lot really.

Lincoln FFS

Cowley wouldn't have turned us down given the opportunity to speak to us , get your facts right first 

Imo Monk would have been nowhere near the top of DC’s manager list. I think he tried to get Cowley earlier this week but Cowley turned us down (don’t blame him) hence Monk saying things moved fast over the last 48 hours. However I find it unbelievable if he can’t bring his own staff in and Bullen has been shunted in to being monks assistant. Already put Monk on the back foot but if he’s agreed to it that really is weak on his behalf. 

5 minutes ago, stocksyuto said:

Didnt monk have Birmingham top 6 near enough and went on a crazy unbeaten run before the points deduction? He fell out with them when they started selling all their players like che Adam's 

Think there was more to it than that. Google gary monk agent