Positive spin on Monk

2 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Other than the Cowley's I'm not sure what people were expecting.

I weren't sure on Monk after his dodgy transfers at Boro, but for an experienced championship manager you couldn't ask for much more. 

Given the chairman’s previous mistakes, most people were probably expecting this  Its the hope that kills you

14 minutes ago, Elderly Owl said:

Maybe he was just giving Bullen a chance? I think, bearing in mind Bullen’s commitment to us over the years, it was the least he could do. Time to get behind the new manager and give him a chance. WAWAW.

I'll back every manager

6 minutes ago, darra said:

Serious question but who is that would come. I can't think of anybody.

Rowett, Holloway, but they are hardly inspiring but obviously we havnt approached Cowley (wonder why) who imo would be better than any of these two and Monk.

Just thoroughly unimpressed with Monk.

He's never stayed at a club for even 2 years, generally just gets in a huff with the chairman and leaves. Feels like a waste of an appointment. Someone start a thread of who we should appoint in 12-18 months.

1 minute ago, cookeh said:

Just thoroughly unimpressed with Monk.

He's never stayed at a club for even 2 years, generally just gets in a huff with the chairman and leaves. Feels like a waste of an appointment. Someone start a thread of who we should appoint in 12-18 months.

That’s just it, it will be a complete waste of an appointment, and another bloke we’ll have to pay off a year down the line

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

Boro hate Karanka, Boro hate Pulis, Boro hate Monk, Boro will probably hate Woodgate next. Maybe the issue there is..................BORO.

Agree.. used to work with a Boro fan and all he talked about was how poor the league is. Given they were in Europe 10 years ago they kind of have this expectation they should be a mid table Prem team. Unless they stormed the league they’d say that the manager is underperforming. When you look at their squad it’s very average.. no better than ours 

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

That’s just it, it will be a complete waste of an appointment, and another bloke we’ll have to pay off a year down the line

Who would you have gone for? If you’re going to say Cowley’s they could have been out of their depth at this level, we just don’t know

Guest Ferkorf
50 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Is he currently subject of a police investigation ?

Yes, Fessi tapped him up in court the other month lol

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Agree.. used to work with a Boro fan and all he talked about was how poor the league is. Given they were in Europe 10 years ago they kind of have this expectation they should be a mid table Prem team. Unless they stormed the league they’d say that the manager is underperforming. When you look at their squad it’s very average.. no better than ours 

Come on, be fair, would we be happy with any of those as our manager