Positive spin on Monk

4 minutes ago, Bing Cosby said:

I'd have been pleased with Monk if we'd have appointed him the week after Bruce left. He's a decent manager at this level.

However, my overriding thoughts are why the fruitcake take 7 weeks to give the job to a bloke who could have started immediately!?

People are bound to be disappointed, because its now abundantly clear that the chairman wasn't spending that time finding just the right man for the job, he was sitting on his hands and hoping Bullen would take away the need for him to make a decision. 

Monk can't feel like he was first choice, Bullen probably feels put upon and our new manager is weeks behind the curve... Not sure its been healthy for anyone!

Maybe he was just giving Bullen a chance? I think, bearing in mind Bullen’s commitment to us over the years, it was the least he could do. Time to get behind the new manager and give him a chance. WAWAW.

1 minute ago, Peacenocchio said:

Point is lads and lasses, it appears only Monk Holloway and Rowitt wanted it.

How does anyone expect an exciting appointment? 

If the club had been run a bit better over the last few years, we might have a better pool of potential candidates to pick from.

And if those three were the only ones interested, why have we not appointed either Holloway or Rowett; both are stronger candidates with better records in management and both are not under investigation.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peacenocchio said:

Point is lads and lasses, it appears only Monk Holloway and Rowitt wanted it.

How does anyone expect an exciting appointment? 

If true, beggars belief DC’s opted for the one who hasn’t even achieved a play off, never mind a promotion.

21 minutes ago, debram said:

What's he won/achieved/ honours as a manager, we want out of this league and I don't think he's the man to take us up. 

Serious question but who is that would come. I can't think of anybody.

Guest LondonOwl313

This is less of a risk than Cowley would have been, even if that could have been amazing, we just don’t know. He’s used to working in the top 2 divisions.

Also, everyone keeps saying about all of these championship managers being failures for not winning the league or promotions is missing the point. It’s hard to do at this level and there’s more than just manager skill involved. Whilst the Cowley’s promotion record is impressive, it’s done at a low level. Just been meticulously well organised puts you 3 steps ahead of the opposition at lower league level. At our level, that in itself isn’t enough as usually teams are much more professional