Positive spin on Monk

5 minutes ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

If you didn't want the Cowleys or Monk, who did you want?

I wasn’t opposed to the Cowley’s, but any coach who can work to improve our existing players, especially as we are hamstrung when it comes to bringing players in

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Being investigated for transfer dealings at last 3 clubs. Sacked numerous times, doesn’t stay at a club for much more than a year. Not actually achieved promotion or even play offs in this league. The way Leeds imploded and missed out on play offs. 

Tbh fair Leeds do that every season though. Think we should all stop with the negatives , blimey give the man a chance , shouldn’t judge him yet . I know we all have our Favourites and not many went for Monk but I’m optimistic , going to be interesting . Good luck Gary !! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Swansea

1st season was in Prem with Swansea. Finished 12th. Came in in Feb and got 18 points from 14 games. 

2nd season finished 8th with Swansea. 

3rd season. Sacked after 12 games with club in 15th.

Leeds 

1st season. Finished 7th with mad man Cellino in charge of the club. Leaves for boro in summer. 

Middlesbrough 

1st season. Sacked after 22 games with team in 8th. 

Birmingham.

1st season. Joins 4th March with club in bottom 3. Keeps them up in 19th.

2nd season. 

2nd season. Finishes 17th with an average Birmingham side. 

If its him back him. 

Not for me. Another uninspired choice from the failed managers merry go round. From Bruce to Monk is a huge backward step that guarantees us mid table mediocrity for the foreseeable until Monk eventually gets sacked and the circus starts again. Sorry to be a miserable bar steward but I just can’t see the positive in this appointment 

My 1st choice was Houghton.

2nd Monk.

3rd Rowett.

The only problem with Monk, in some fans view, is that he is not Danny Cowley.

The team needs massively overhauling with a manager strong enough to get rid of Crowd fav's, Monk will do that, but it will STILL take 3 windows to get a squad together.

5 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Tbh fair Leeds do that every season though. Think we should all stop with the negatives , blimey give the man a chance , shouldn’t judge him yet . I know we all have our Favourites and not many went for Monk but I’m optimistic , going to be interesting . Good luck Gary !! 

“give the man a chance , shouldn’t judge him yet” sounds just like when Jos arrived. Some appointments just smell wrong from day one. And this is one of ‘em. I wish him the best but fear the worse

Given the choices he was my favourite - He’s a manager who likes his teams to play football and our squad is geared to that.  Pulis would have been the complete opposite (terrible negative football).  The Cowleys have been impressive but only at lower level football and you only have to look at Jones at Stoke to see how previous success is no guarantee.  Monk knows the championship and has managed in the Prem.  Give him time he feels like a good fit 

Monk on!

Despite some negative press, I think he’s done well at sides where he’s had a limited budget. Leeds and Birmingham.

Boro seemed a failure but didn’t he have 1.7 points per game? 

Purely in football terms I think this is a good appointment. We will have to wait and see on the rest.