Rotherham - V - Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

Excellent post, Snoots! I wasn’t aware of the finer implications of Bury’s plight. Jeez - that sequence of events is horrendous. Mis-management of a huge scale which has now compromised a football club. What sort of businessman would borrow money on a 10% monthly interest rate? 

One thing I will say is that the EFL need to sharpen themselves that future due diligence is extremely strict to ensure that all prospective chairman/owners are fit and proper to run football clubs. Moreover, if clubs are borrowing money on the clubs assets, I.e. ground for one’s personal use, this needs to be rubber stamped by the EFL before any deal is completed. 

Sad to see Bury going to the wall like this, some of the people associated with football  are just a bunch of parasites.

The footballing bodies are only interested in the top Half a dozen clubs. This has been coming for years starting with clubs keeping their gate receipts instead of sharing them with the away club.

Bosman hasn't helped as players and agents hold the power.

This will be the first of many I fear. Who knows what would have happened to us if Manderic had not stepped in as our white knight.

Tonights match I would like to see Rhodes, FF and Winnall given 90 minutes, lets see if we can get them firing against lesser opposition.

• Like 1

Sad times indeed, and it needs to stop now. 

This should never be allowed to happen again. 

The supporters, players and staff of Bury F.C are the ones who suffer. Dale will no doubt have planned this for months and have already have drawings for a housing development on the land. Cynical, greedy and selfish business man with no thoughts for anyone other than himself.

We should take a moment and be thankful Mr. Chansiri has Sheffield Wednesday in his heart. It can happen literally anywhere....

Gigg lane is soon to be renamed Dig lane ..

Dale had and has no interest in the football club whatsoever ..

If he had he would have sold it on for 2 quid and it would still be in the league...

The 4 bedroom brochures are probably already printed up ....

A sad day for football fans today ....

UTO ...

6 hours ago, marcx666 said:

LIke I said in my post 

EC_FRsOXkAAxXj6?format=jpg&name=medium

2 Things stick in my mind re this shower ( EFL).

1:- is why scheduled games that Bury were supposed to play (including us) that could have generated income weren’t allowed to go ahead because of EFL ruling. Games where I’m sure, the likes of us would have given generously as we have in the past. 

And 2:- Unconnected to the Bury debacle and on the good old subject of FFP or whatever name they have now dressed it up as.

Why, when the thing has been in force for God knows how many years, are the allowable losses of 39k over 3 years not index linked?

They (EFL) stabbed at a figure years ago & it has remained at that ever since. So in real terms the allowable losses have decreased year  on year making life that much more difficult for clubs.

The EFL seem to act as some some of equivalent of our very own SAG in respect of making life as difficult as possible for its ‘members’ eg Bury, as do SAG with us.

Whereas SAG. would probably just shrug it’s shoulders if they brought about our demise, it seems the EFL have just shrugged theirs at the demise of a traditional old club for the sake of a couple of quid in real terms.

EFL = SHAMBLES

7 hours ago, marcx666 said:

LIke I said in my post 

EC_FRsOXkAAxXj6?format=jpg&name=medium

Couldn't have said it better myself, what's happened to Bury and happening to Bolton is an absolute disgrace, all under the watch of these incompetent buffoons.

Back to the football, hope tonight we see a better performance and result. Performances have been in steady decline since Millwall, masked by a positive result v Luton. 

433, 90 minutes of high press, with energy from the off. However, I fear we will be treated to a first half of containing the 'mighty' Rotherham,  conceding possession of the ball, before having a little go for a bit in the second half. 

Recent form suggests we might struggle with this one unless something changes, but if we play to the standard we set v Barnsley will sail through to the next round.

Time for Bullen to stop pretending he's Carlos,  its turned into dull, poo football played in our own half. The Bullen who set up the game plan for Barnsley is who I want back.

It might be a Mickey Mouse competition but I reckon it was the Arsenal game that kick-started the Carlos era

More examples last night of teams making too many changes and going out to lesser sides

We can't let that happen, especially to this lot

Fortunately, we do have a strong-looking squad but seven or eight unforced changes would hand the initiative to Rovrum

I'd rest Baz & Westy - bring in Luongo & Dawson

But otherwise stick with the same group who played at Preston

Guest Bulgaria
1 hour ago, doubleo said:

Terrible for Bury and Bolton next even with their history and recent times in the Prem.

But carry on paying to watch Sky lads, that’s the way.

My dad's subscription to sky has absolutely nothing to do with said clubs being run by unscrupulous lobbers.

Very poignant omdt. There but for the grace of God................

Direct action should be taken imo. Put one of those fkng charlatan owners in that 1885 coffin for a few hours.

I understand it's nothing to do with City or United, but the gulf in cash & wealth is just wrong. Considering the Neville connections too. 

Back to tonight. A hard game against lower league local opposition that hate us with a passion. Even after bringing their buckets to S6. Think Bury.

All the more reason to turn up & turn it on. Looking forward to it.

UTO 

4-2 to us.

I feel very sorry for the Bury FC fans. It's a terrible situation to be in made worse by the fact that no one seemed to be able to stop it happening. Not the EFL, not the FA, not the courts and not people who regulate businesses or HMRC.

It must feel like no one cares.

Tonight's game at Rotherham.

I must say I thought we only squeezed past Luton and clearly we were undone by PNE both teams set up to be difficult to break down.

We need a variety of approaches within a game and the nous / creativity / bravery to mix things up.

Heart says it's only Rotherham 0-3.

Head says we'll grind out a 0-1 or a 1-2.

Sorry

UTO

• Like 1

As i said in another thread , Dale is happy to let the club fold because he will then be left with a prime piece of redvelopment land he bought for a quid. Dale is a property developer , he knew what he was doing all slong , the shitehouse.

My impression is that one of these charlatans used the club as an asset to borrow money on to fund his other deals which then failed.  How could the EFL allow that?  Surely they should be employing more accountants whose sole responsibility is to monitor the financial health of it members. With Bury gone and BWFC on the brink are we looking at a house of cards?

25 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

As i said in another thread , Dale is happy to let the club fold because he will then be left with a prime piece of redvelopment land he bought for a quid. Dale is a property developer , he knew what he was doing all slong , the shitehouse.

If the ground is mortgaged, doesn’t a third party own it in lieu of the debt? Like repossessing a house when monthly payments stop?

56 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

There was an interview on BBC breakfast from outside the ground this morning with a chap from the Bury supporters trust who said that  a sale of the ground for development has a planning  requirement put on it by the local council . He said it states that for the land to be sold for development the developers must build a new ground as well .

Developments in this saga will be interesting to see how the developers get round this -( as they surely will) - and who comes out on top. Normally several gallons of oil on the wheels of the council is enough  where planning is concerned;-).  

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

Boycott house sales on this football graveyard