Rotherham - V - Wednesday (League Cup) OMDT

Superb post Snoots . Football is disappearing up its own arse through sheer greed , yet this allowed to happen under the watch of those who claim they have the best interests of the game at heart. 

One city , two clubs 

One has just paid £80m for a player , the other gets booted out of the league for being 12m in debt. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

Superb post Snoots . Football is disappearing up its own arse through sheer greed , yet this allowed to happen under the watch of those who claim they have the best interests of the game at heart. 

One city , two clubs 

One has just paid £80m for a player , the other gets booted out of the league for being 12m in debt. 

The thing is, after the first Spiv the EFL allows the second spiv to buy for a pound. A Spiv who according to the times has out of his 50 odd companies registered 40 odd of them insolvent.  It's an absolute bloody disgrace. 

Honestly. The game has gone. It really has. 

11 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not even my club, but I'll be honest, I was struggling to type with the rage. 

Them poor bloody fans. 

I get this, ajd not just because my lads a Bolton fan, but because of the EFL allowing our game to die, and our clubs to die, they let these dodgy c*nts in to own the clubs, regardless of who they are and what they have done, let alone what their intentions are. This is on the EFLs head

Very good thought-provoking post Snoots.

If it can happen to Bury it can happen to Bolton.

If it can happen to Bolton it can happen to Coventry.

If it can happen to Coventry...

Such a rich sport. Such a rich national set-up. Run by such foolish and/or selfish people.

Good luck to the reserves tonight. Great strength in depth and an opportunity for some to grab the shirt away from the current first Xl.

Great post Snoots, only thing I would take issue with is the owners  of Bury were chasing the Football dream. Both owners were property developers and the end game was always to use Bury to finance their property empires. It's just like Hereford a few years ago and that is the only hope that we can have for Bury fans is that like Hereford they can resurrect the club.

Bolton are going to be next I'm afraid and those who govern our game need to take a long hard look at themselves and hang their heads in shame.

Tonight WABAW.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 2

I love football, but I hate how football has become. Shame on the rich elite getting richer while everyone else suffers. How can so few have so much while so many are expected to live off scraps??

Shame on the efl for their clearly incompetent fit and proper persons tests, therefore letting these charlatans run the club into the ground.

Shame on the efl for their ridiculous profit and sustainability and FFP rules. Clearly not having losses of up to however many bloody millions has helped Bury hasn't it?

Yet Sunderland are playing in the same division with chuffing parachute payments still rolling in! Cos that's fair! 

What a disgraceful situation. flipping working-mans game, my arse. It's reyt pissed me off this. Can't begin to imagine how their fans must feel. 

RIP Bury.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

The thing is, after the first Spiv the EFL allows the second spiv to buy for a pound. A Spiv who according to the times has out of his 50 odd companies registered 40 odd of them insolvent.  It's an absolute bloody disgrace. 

Honestly. The game has gone. It really has. 

Dale didn’t pass the fit and proper test, hence why EFL have been asking for all this stuff for months that dale could not produce. EFL have done nothing wrong. They could not have stopped the share transaction between Day and Dale. But they could expel bury from the competition which is what they have done.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Very good thought-provoking post Snoots.

If it can happen to Bury it can happen to Bolton.

If it can happen to Bolton it can happen to Coventry.

If it can happen to Coventry...

Such a rich sport. Such a rich national set-up. Run by such foolish and/or selfish people.

Good luck to the reserves tonight. Great strength in depth and an opportunity for some to grab the shirt away from the current first Xl.

You paragraph second bottom sums the problem up.

Smaller/non prem clubs penalised by silly rules not fit for purpose, whilst big Prem clubs just spend unchecked.