9 minutes ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Look. SYP were seriously criticised by supporters and both clubs for the way they handled the Sheffield Derby this year. Their response/defence was to commission this report in which SWFC was not invited to be involved. The report points the finger back at the club thus getting SYP off the hook. Having read the full report, if applied to most PL and Championship clubs it would result in similar or more severe recommendations.

But it has only ever been applied to Hillsborough and it is attempting via “clever analysis” to solve  a problem which has in practice never been a problem. In 64 years attending Hillsborough, always entering at Leppings Lane,  I cannot ever recall an issue with the “egress” from Leppings Lane. Problems with access on the day of the disaster- yes. Problems with young Turks sparring-yes,which is partly why the police are there. 

But application of a solution to what was a different problem on the day and failing to analyse the consequences?

They have done us over and got the Blade supporting people at SCC to issue a prohibition order. 

No victimisation and nothing to do with 1989, don’t buy that at all. 

Blade supporting people at SCC?

everyones going a bit tinfoil hat here.

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

SYP are currupt , liars and incompitent. This has been proven beyond doubt in a court of law. The fact they are allowed to made any decisions regarding a football stadium where they caused 96 innocent people  to lose thier lives is staggering.

They didn’t - your post is rounduns - whatever is going on now

10 hours ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Response to Sheffield Wednesday club statement

Date published: 09 August 2019 14:46
Dated: 09 August 2019 15:34:39

Having made considerable effort pulling together plans to meet deficiencies in the club’s safety arrangements, it is disappointing they should seek to criticise our approach.

The club were provided with a copy of the Manchester Metropolitan University report on 27 June, but the initial SAG, on 17 July arranged so the concerns raised in the report could addressed ahead of the new season, was cancelled because the club would not attend.

At the rearranged SAG on 25 July, the club’s response was found to be inadequate, leading the SAG to issue the prohibition notice.

SYP only received a written response and proposals on 6 August, which were again found to be inadequate by the SAG. Viable proposals were sent to SYP, via the SAG, at 10am on Friday 9 August 2019.

The club statement, that the measures in place for Saturday’s games are outside of their control, is factually incorrect and misleading, as they hold the responsibility for crowd safety, entrance and egress to the stadium, and the traffic management around the venue.

While the match tomorrow will go ahead, there is clearly further work to be done due to various issues raised as a result of this process. The safety of the public has to remain our top priority.

=== 

Does the MMU report actually state ‘deficiencies in the club’s safety arrangements’? 

SWFC do not hold responsibility for traffic management on a public highway.

If that bottom bold bit is true then why have they made the decision to make entering and leaving the stadium more dangerous than it was before?

Are they really that stupid?

13 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..I know its another one....

You are absolutely bang on the money with this. SYP, as a force, are an utter disgrace.

1400 poor girls in Rotherham. 1400!!!! FFS! How on earth did it get to that stage?

Orgreave - I was a bit too young to fully understand this, but another absolute shambles. Wading in on horseback.......come on!

That bloke off of Tennis - I mean, WTF did he do? God only knows - and he probably does too cos the bloke in question is besties with Zesus in' he?

HIllsborough.

Clusterfuck.

14 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

If that bottom bold bit is true then why have they made the decision to make entering and leaving the stadium more dangerous than it was before?

Hang on Wednesday are responsible for “ traffic management around the ground” ? How does that work? 

As for the rest of the statement. I’m sure Wednesday did like we all have done, read the report and though WTF?

58 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Hang on Wednesday are responsible for “ traffic management around the ground” ? How does that work? 

As for the rest of the statement. I’m sure Wednesday did like we all have done, read the report and though WTF?

Not sure what that means.

Perhaps the club should have stewards close Penistone road to all but emergency traffic whilst the ground empties.

Think they might want to re word that bit.

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Stupid and incompitent 

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

Think you might have interpreted my post incorrectly. I was asking why SAG/SYP have decided to make every supporter leave via Penistone Road when that in my opinion is more dangerous than the way it’s been done for years and years. 

14 hours ago, ka58 said:

Blade supporting people at SCC?

everyones going a bit tinfoil hat here.

I interpreted that remark as very much tongue-in-cheek

However, there does seem to be something else going on here

For 20-odd years after the tragedy all things related to the stadium seemed to be going relatively smoothly

I hate being all-seater but on a national level that, alongside an increase in stewards over a police presence, has improved fan safety both inside our grounds and out

Then the hearing was opened up and once again Hillsborough became a dirty word

Agendas are an excuse for paranoia (IMO) but it's fair to say SYP hardly covered themselves in glory

And with Duckenfield about to be put through the wringer once more, perhaps there's something to be gained by insisting matches at Hillsborough still present a challenge for those given the task of keeping order

Of course, we'd all disagree whole heartedly - we're talking 100yrs of history, and over 50 without too much change to the access/egress to the North & West Stands

Except perhaps that attendance figures are lower than in the past - and additional restrictions have been in place for a few years now

So why did it make national headlines when SYP insisted the Sheffield derby was the most expensive fixture in the country to police?

And why, as if to prove the point, did they run the event as though it was a military operation

Not only did they consider it necessary to draft in recruits from other areas but most of them appeared to be 'armed to the teeth' and ready for action

And all this to avoid a flashpoint between Hillsborough's regular patrons and less than 4,000 visitors - the majority of whom would've been well-behaved anyway

It has already been well-documented on here ways in which any trouble/confrontation might have been successfully avoided

But it's worth bearing in mind that ALL criticism was aimed at the police - not the stewards, not the ground management - and this criticism came from BOTH sets of fans

Simply put - SYP screwed it up

Their response was to commission a 'detailed' report that not only cleared them from all blame but effectively underlines their contention that Hillsborough is in fact an unsafe venue - which is a load of crap however which way you want to look at it

In order back up these assertions they enlist the services of SAG and whichever arm of the City Council has an influence on such matters

I'm sorry, but this where things start to look a bit too cosy for my liking

This might end up in court, I don't know

The trouble with taking issue with anything the state gets up to is that they generally have the greater resources and therefore are more likely to win

So we need help

Something or somebody to get into the details and ask a few loaded questions, dig a bit of dirt and expose their findings to a wider public

An investigative journalist along the lines of Roger Cook (remember him? He scared the living poo out of authority)

Unfortunately, we can't rely on our local media, The Star or the BBC, because I reckon they're all on board as well  :dry:

Sorry folks - this ended up as a rant, but it's better out than in

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Plonk said:

If we are in charge of traffic management might as well divert traffic around Penistone Road and have the new wednesdayite car park straight outside the kop. Loads of space but you're screwed if you are in between 2 cars and the owners are sat in the crown having a bevvy:biggrin:

I want us to shut penistone Road for an hour before and an hour after every match. If anyone complains tell em it's for the safety of the public which is our number one concern. Close it both ways between leppings lane junction and herries Road. Traffic can still get round and it creates a safe environment to queue to get in. Cos there will be queuess. Cos wev got to get everyone in via 6 turnstiles instead of 14. Cos that's safer than having us mingle with 350 Luton fans.who we mingled with last season without even a hint of there being an issue. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

I want us to shut penistone Road for an hour before and an hour after every match. If anyone complains tell em it's for the safety of the public which is our number one concern. Close it both ways between leppings lane junction and herries Road. Traffic can still get round and it creates a safe environment to queue to get in. Cos there will be queuess. Cos wev got to get everyone in via 6 turnstiles instead of 14. Cos that's safer than having us mingle with 350 Luton fans.who we mingled with last season without even a hint of there being an issue. 

This ....

Currently made a whole lot more congested /dangerous by all the numpties who have their driver waiting in a car opposite the Kop on Penistone Rd, rather than walk a few hundred yards to somewhere reasonable. It Beggars belief to me that the Police haven't stopped this years ago, pulling out of the Wednesdayite Car Park was an accident waiting to happen. Shut Penistone Rd for me, especially now that I'm parking a mile away anyway.

Not sure where the access/exits to the Retail Park will be, but I guess shutting Penistone Rd will become a non-starter once that's open? 

Rotherham's New York Stadium is landlocked and  exits everyone on to the same concourse which are then exited by just two entry/exit roads. Surely this is more  dangerous. How do SYP manage it here.

Unless its a size issue

Wembley Stadium exits on to a concourse and then the majority of fans (from both sides) exit along Wembley Way in to the Tube station. How can The Met manage it here.