3 minutes ago, owlfandbg said:

If it's so hard to keep the fans in on the concourse behind the west stand for a few mins after the match - why not keep them in the stand (where there's plenty of room) for those few minutes?

Or is that just too obvious?

Agree all they have to do is make announcements during the match saying fans will be kept in for 10 minutes after the match and people will know not to try to leave. Most fans would be quite happy just to sit there and let the crowd disperse but as you say it’s too obvious. 

12 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Agree all they have to do is make announcements during the match saying fans will be kept in for 10 minutes after the match and people will know not to try to leave. Most fans would be quite happy just to sit there and let the crowd disperse but as you say it’s too obvious. 

It's illegal.   It's unlawful detention.   The police used to do that regularly in the 70's and 80's, causing fans to miss trains home.  I remember MP's taking the cases up on behalf of the fans.

I imagine it would be legal if proposed detention was made clear at point of sale of tickets.

I would like to find out the total number of police...er persons, SYP will deploy for the Luton game, (poss freedom of information request).

I think very it likely they might well outnumber the Luton fans attending.

WILL THEY COPE AGAINST SUCH A FEROCIOUS RAMPAGING MOB ?

14 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

It's illegal.   It's unlawful detention.   The police used to do that regularly in the 70's and 80's, causing fans to miss trains home.  I remember MP's taking the cases up on behalf of the fans.

I imagine it would be legal if proposed detention was made clear at point of sale of tickets.

what's the difference keeping them back in the stand or keeping them back on the concourse.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Human Rights gone mad 

1 hour ago, owlfandbg said:

what's the difference keeping them back in the stand or keeping them back on the concourse.  

33 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

The stand is a lot bigger than the concourse. 

The question was regarding the difference in locations, which I thought was valid. 

It was not regarding the relative sizes , which was immaterial.

After 1989 the police authority spent a lot of time recruiting from outside the local area. They were unhappy with the promotion of internal candidates as there was a kind of list of seniority. Most of the blokes on the list were local, either Wednesday (like Mole and Nesbit) or Blades (like Broomhead) and also (ahem) Masons. After 1990 more senior people came from outside Sheffield and this probably hasn’t ceased. So I doubt it’s Blades causing the problem, it’s non-Sheffield promotion chasers. 

4 hours ago, Howards back said:

The risk of crushing is everyone trying to get on to Penistone road at the same time. I wonder if the writer of the report thought of that. 

They will just blame the club for that.

5 hours ago, S1Owl said:

I think we need a big shiny, rotating new sign saying 'Hillsborough' high above the South, the Kop or Lep to really wind the SYP up, come on DC you can do it. 

Let’s paint over Presto and paint Hillsborough over it. It will be there for years to come. 

On 13/08/2019 at 16:59, Lincs Owl said:

That’s an urban myth pal, police have powers to hold fans back if there’s an immediate threat of public order offences!

• Like 1

On 13/08/2019 at 16:59, Lincs Owl said:

No it isn't. They're not being held in custody are they?!?

What if the police close the M1 for an hour due to a safety issue and you're stuck in the held traffic?