1 minute ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Arguably it would be as powerful. It's a known tactic. Also you won't get people to write letters themselves but you will get people who agree with you and are happy to put their name to it.

Would it just count as the one complaint though Ellis?....Thats what I mean...

If they had variously worded complaints ..I'm sure it would carry more validity....The template way is simply a petition

1 hour ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..I know its another one....

SYP, in my opinion..are desperate for the name Hillsborough to disappear offa the face of the earth.

When you used to type it into google..You either got Our ground..or the castle in Northern ireland...

...Type it in now

It reminds them of the shambles they made in the policing of that game in 1989....It reminds them that they altered statements in the aftermath of that disaster...and were quite willing to go along with lies that were peddled in The Sun.....

It reminds them that they were culpable..it reminds them that their name will forever be associated with it..

Do SYP honestly think that Wednesday changing grounds...will expunge that?

Its about time they owned it...and left Wednesday fans the f.ook alone..Cos we had sod all to do with it..bar Owls fans helping the injured in their roles at Sheffield hospitals...and Wednesday fans offering drinks and phone calls in the environs of Hillsborough,,,,Vere rd etc

None of it was the doing of Wednesday fans...It simply happened at our ground...

I no longer go to Hillsborough ashamed...I'm saddened that so many lost their lives over a football game..and sometimes I look over at the Leppings lane and think about...

The only thing I had to do with it was to go into work at the Hallamshire...The same afternoon..as a porter...The wife came with me..as a Nursing Sister..and we all donated our  wages to the bereaved families...

Why in the name of f.ook should any Sheffield Wednesday fan still suffer from it?

Cos thats what its all about now..

A thin veneer over what actually happened...A "look at us" attitude from the powers that be...Its unfair...its transparent...and its cowardly.

Hillsborough these days..is not unsafe..If it was how come the powers that be let nigh on 40'000 in against Wycombe?

Was I unsafe in that crowd..If so,,,who is answerable for that..?

Its absolute b llx!

I've said it before . Change the Name BACK TO OWLERTON

SYP, in my opinion..are desperate for the name Hillsborough to disappear offa the face of the earth.

When you used to type it into google..You either got Our ground..or the castle in Northern ireland...

...Type it in now

It reminds them of the shambles they made in the policing of that game in 1989....It reminds them that they altered statements in the aftermath of that disaster...and were quite willing to go along with lies that were peddled in The Sun.....

It reminds them that they were culpable..it reminds them that their name will forever be associated with it..

Its about time they owned it...and left Wednesday fans the f.ook alone..Cos we had sod all to do with it..bar Owls fans helping the injured in their roles at Sheffield hospitals...and Wednesday fans offering drinks and phone calls in the environs of Hillsborough,,,,Vere rd etc

None of it was the doing of Wednesday fans...It simply happened at our ground...

I no longer go to Hillsborough ashamed...I'm saddened that so many lost their lives over a football game..and sometimes I look over at the Leppings lane and think about...

The only thing I had to do with it was to go into work at the Hallamshire...The same afternoon..as a porter...The wife came with me..as a Nursing Sister..and we all donated our  wages to the bereaved families...

Why in the name of f.ook should any Sheffield Wednesday fan still suffer from it?

A thin veneer over what actually happened...A "look at us" attitude from the powers that be...Its unfair...its transparent...and its cowardly.

Hillsborough these days..is not unsafe..If it was how come the powers that be let nigh on 40'000 in against Wycombe?

Its absolute b llx!

I don’t think the recent issues have got anything to do with the hillsborough disaster.

6 minutes ago, SettleForADraw said:

This has been proven to be false. SYP & a tory government lying and covering up - exactly like Orgreave.

Yes, of course it’s been proved.

Who could think that Liverpool fans had absolutely anything to do with it. The little angels 

...Type it in now

Its absolute b llx!

You say SWFC fans shouldn’t still suffer from it? Totally agree. On the flip side though why should SYP still be judged from something that happened 30 years ago?  The employees are totally different at both SWFC and SYP from the time of the disaster.

There were several factors that contributed to the deaths of the innocent 96 supporters RIP.

All I can say is that whether it be the SWFC heirarchy at the time, the Police commanders etc I’m sure not one of them went to work that day with the intention of anyone getting injured, never mind killed.

If it happened, the alleged changing of statements was wrong and illegal.Those responsible should face repercussions.

It was 30 years ago and as I said,  the club and SYP have totally different personnel today. So why should either SWFC or SYP continue to be vilified? What you say about it being wrong that SWFC are still suffering, should be the same for SYP also.

The world has changed immeasurably from 30 years ago. Not only in Health and Safety, but in policing and everything else. The fall out of this being huge amounts of red tape. Is it over zealous? Yes I believe it is. But it’s because the powers that be are wanting to avoid a repeat of the disaster. 

• Like 1

...Type it in now

Its absolute b llx!

Very well said sir. I know alot of liverpool fans who still remember how fans like you helped out in their hour of need

12 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

So sorta nigh on 40 posters agreed with the vague point within half an hour...and you struggled through nonsensical mutterings before you realised what the point was...?

Must be the rest of us then eh?

You got loads agreeing with you when you started talking about a conversation you had with your dead grandad!! So I’d be loathed to class that as validation 

• Haha 1

Villa brought 4,630 fans to S6 in April.  We’re there reported crowd safety issues on the Leppings Lane forecourt? Thought not. 

Conclusion: SYP unable to police local derbies at Hillsborough, even though there was less away support than at other league games. 

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tudders said:

You say SWFC fans shouldn’t still suffer from it? Totally agree. On the flip side though why should SYP still be judged from something that happened 30 years ago?  The employees are totally different at both SWFC and SYP from the time of the disaster.

There were several factors that contributed to the deaths of the innocent 96 supporters RIP.

All I can say is that whether it be the SWFC heirarchy at the time, the Police commanders etc I’m sure not one of them went to work that day with the intention of anyone getting injured, never mind killed.

If it happened, the alleged changing of statements was wrong and illegal.Those responsible should face repercussions.

It was 30 years ago and as I said,  the club and SYP have totally different personnel today. So why should either SWFC or SYP continue to be vilified? What you say about it being wrong that SWFC are still suffering, should be the same for SYP also.

The world has changed immeasurably from 30 years ago. Not only in Health and Safety, but in policing and everything else. The fall out of this being huge amounts of red tape. Is it over zealous? Yes I believe it is. But it’s because the powers that be are wanting to avoid a repeat of the disaster. 

Thats a fair enough point Tudders....

Maybe its a bit of both...Some Wednesday fans may want to forget the past...

I have no doubt that any policeman on duty that day did nothing deliberately to put life in danger...and is probably still haunted by it..as maybe are some Owls fans....

The difference is what happened after the event...Falsified statements and lies...

SYP as an organisation see that as a stain on the force...and maybe if the name Hillsborough disappeared...the stain might well fade as well

8 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Syp is villified as they continue to penalize us, he's not having a go for no reason

13 minutes ago, ka58 said:

I don’t think the recent issues have got anything to do with the hillsborough disaster.

Naive,

7 minutes ago, Tudders said:

Rotherham wasn't 30 years ago mate.

6 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Villa brought 4,630 fans to S6 in April.  We’re there reported crowd safety issues on the Leppings Lane forecourt? Thought not. 

Conclusion: SYP unable to police local derbies at Hillsborough, even though there was less away support than at other league games. 

This is the more likely reason.

16 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Would it just count as the one complaint though Ellis?....Thats what I mean...

If they had variously worded complaints ..I'm sure it would carry more validity....The template way is simply a petition

I don't know but one complaint loads of people agree with is good. Just put something together!

7 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Exactly. Club need to stand firm and fight their corner on this.

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Naive,

Rotherham wasn't 30 years ago mate.

How is it naive? What makes you think it is the case?

also how does Rotherham scandal support the argument that they have it in for Wednesday / hillsborough stadium?

Just now, ka58 said:

How is it naive? What makes you think it is the case?

also how does Rotherham scandal support the argument that they have it in for Wednesday / hillsborough stadium?

The point is that their level of incompetence stretches back to the miners strike, and still continues to date..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1