15 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..I know its another one....

SYP, in my opinion..are desperate for the name Hillsborough to disappear offa the face of the earth.

When you used to type it into google..You either got Our ground..or the castle in Northern ireland...

...Type it in now

It reminds them of the shambles they made in the policing of that game in 1989....It reminds them that they altered statements in the aftermath of that disaster...and were quite willing to go along with lies that were peddled in The Sun.....

It reminds them that they were culpable..it reminds them that their name will forever be associated with it..

Do SYP honestly think that Wednesday changing grounds...will expunge that?

Its about time they owned it...and left Wednesday fans the f.ook alone..Cos we had sod all to do with it..bar Owls fans helping the injured in their roles at Sheffield hospitals...and Wednesday fans offering drinks and phone calls in the environs of Hillsborough,,,,Vere rd etc

None of it was the doing of Wednesday fans...It simply happened at our ground...

I no longer go to Hillsborough ashamed...I'm saddened that so many lost their lives over a football game..and sometimes I look over at the Leppings lane and think about...

The only thing I had to do with it was to go into work at the Hallamshire...The same afternoon..as a porter...The wife came with me..as a Nursing Sister..and we all donated our  wages to the bereaved families...

Why in the name of f.ook should any Sheffield Wednesday fan still suffer from it?

Cos thats what its all about now..

A thin veneer over what actually happened...A "look at us" attitude from the powers that be...Its unfair...its transparent...and its cowardly.

Hillsborough these days..is not unsafe..If it was how come the powers that be let nigh on 40'000 in against Wycombe?

Was I unsafe in that crowd..If so,,,who is answerable for that..?

Its absolute b llx!

Wouldn't it be better to disband SYP and let a competent force do the local policing.   Probably need to sack everyone from Inspector level up, hopefully with pension rights removed.

SYP are currupt , liars and incompitent. This has been proven beyond doubt in a court of law. The fact they are allowed to made any decisions regarding a football stadium where they caused 96 innocent people  to lose thier lives is staggering.

Edited by S36 OWL

Surely the club are not going sit and let this ridiculous situation continue.  DIdn't the club statement say they were taking legal advice with a view to challenging the SYP commissioned report, which clearly concludes what SYP wanted it to conclude?

I certainly hope so. Mr Chansiri doesn't seem the type of man who will allow such a patently unfair and biased  report to go unchallenged.  I suppose the next week or so will tell. 

SYP are complicit with the pig-led SAG in a conspiracy against Sheffield Wednesday, the club and supporters, not Hillsborough the ground. It’s high time we fought them tooth and nail. Hillsborough is our home. Pigs should not be allowed to control when and how we leave.

43 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yep..I know its another one....

SYP, in my opinion..are desperate for the name Hillsborough to disappear offa the face of the earth.

When you used to type it into google..You either got Our ground..or the castle in Northern ireland...

...Type it in now

It reminds them of the shambles they made in the policing of that game in 1989....It reminds them that they altered statements in the aftermath of that disaster...and were quite willing to go along with lies that were peddled in The Sun.....

It reminds them that they were culpable..it reminds them that their name will forever be associated with it..

Do SYP honestly think that Wednesday changing grounds...will expunge that?

Its about time they owned it...and left Wednesday fans the f.ook alone..Cos we had sod all to do with it..bar Owls fans helping the injured in their roles at Sheffield hospitals...and Wednesday fans offering drinks and phone calls in the environs of Hillsborough,,,,Vere rd etc

None of it was the doing of Wednesday fans...It simply happened at our ground...

I no longer go to Hillsborough ashamed...I'm saddened that so many lost their lives over a football game..and sometimes I look over at the Leppings lane and think about...

The only thing I had to do with it was to go into work at the Hallamshire...The same afternoon..as a porter...The wife came with me..as a Nursing Sister..and we all donated our  wages to the bereaved families...

Why in the name of f.ook should any Sheffield Wednesday fan still suffer from it?

Cos thats what its all about now..

A thin veneer over what actually happened...A "look at us" attitude from the powers that be...Its unfair...its transparent...and its cowardly.

Hillsborough these days..is not unsafe..If it was how come the powers that be let nigh on 40'000 in against Wycombe?

Was I unsafe in that crowd..If so,,,who is answerable for that..?

Its absolute b llx!

What exactly is your point?

16 minutes ago, Kevan said:

Surely the club are not going sit and let this ridiculous situation continue.  DIdn't the club statement say they were taking legal advice with a view to challenging the SYP commissioned report, which clearly concludes what SYP wanted it to conclude?

I certainly hope so. Mr Chansiri doesn't seem the type of man who will allow such a patently unfair and biased  report to go unchallenged.  I suppose the next week or so will tell. 

It all depends on how its worded.....

A statement saying 

"Hillsborough is still unsafe"

Will have football supporters nodding and agreeing, simply due to history..

A statement saying 

"SYP still struggling to police properly"

Will have the same folk nodding..for what is actually the correct bloody reason

Edited by asteener1867

1 minute ago, hangonrose said:

How come SYP allowed a full house when we played Arsenal 3/4 years ago.  What has changed since?

In this instance, they're responding to criticism by commissioning a report that backs their decisions

Thereby clearing themselves by providing a convenient scapegoat ...

Us

It stinks to high heaven

4 minutes ago, hangonrose said:

How come SYP allowed a full house when we played Arsenal 3/4 years ago.  What has changed since?

Complaints were made after the derby last season

They’ll be barring people from town on Match days next 

1 minute ago, Ethel The Tree said:

In this instance, they're responding to criticism by commissioning a report that backs their decisions

Thereby clearing themselves by providing a convenient scapegoat ...

Us

It stinks to high heaven

DC won't let it go though - and even if we move there's the next problem of getting planning permission passed, and the approval of the SAG.  We may have to move out of S Yorkshire....

7 minutes ago, torres said:

What exactly is your point?

As I read this mate he’s saying that SYP has never really come to terms with the mess they made of the Hillsborough disaster and this has continued to cloud their judgment with decisions about stadium safety. The supporters on the other hand, who were faultless and incredibly supportive at the timeand since, continue to suffer as a consequence.  It’s a point well made. 

• Like 5