New stadium

2 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Couldn't we just move across the road? Largely empty land and by my clearly perfect measuring with my fingers on my phone i think the ground would fit there. lol

image1.jpeg

A triangular pitch! You're a genius, Tarn Owl. Let's get the bandwagon going on this one.

I've got £35 in a post office account. It's not much, but it's a start. Let's go for it!

Will it be "New Hillsborough" or "Hillsborough 2". I'm for the second one, myself.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We’re pretty much in a retail park as it is. While I favour the idea of moving, especially if we can build a new iconic stadium, for the time being, maybe a name change would help. It might make sense for us to lose the Hillsborough stadium name. We might even be able to generate some money with a naming rights deal

I'd have no problem at all with the stadium being renamed, however I think the issues go far deeper than that. Because of all the bad press that the disaster generated I can't help but think that SYP, SAG and the council all want to make life untenable for us and force us to move.

It would be wonderful to see Hillsborough fully redeveloped and probably renamed (and I believe their is genuine scope for that), but I now believe that we will not stop getting grief from the local authorities until we have moved.

1 minute ago, VictoryBell said:

A triangular pitch! You're a genius, Tarn Owl. Let's get the bandwagon going on this one.

I've got £35 in a post office account. It's not much, but it's a start. Let's go for it!

Will it be "New Hillsborough" or "Hillsborough 2". I'm for the second one, myself.

Hey if we have a triangle pitch think of the sheer confusion it would cause? Plus you only need 3 corner flags, that'll sort FFP.

Personally i would go for the 'Jon Beswetherick is completely useless community estadio'. Has a nice ring to it. lol

Also i am willing to back the project with a 35 pence investment for 50% of the company. Otherwise, I'm out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

well why not? Its a feature that can easily be moved or recreated I would have thought.

a few teams with new grounds have great atmospheres, Schalke, B Dortmund, FC Groningen, FC twente I believe just looking around, they don't have to be big either.

Aye, think it was rebuilt or moved from Olive Grove and it's been preserved ever since. That would be something historic and recognisably iconic to preserve, whether we move or not. Think, Spurs did something similar by preserving their old gates and historic cockerel motif. As long as something like that is done and it as a good atmosphere, along with the obvious benefits to the club. I see no problem with it as long as it's done well, even though it would be sad, it would make sense, especially if it benefits the future of the club.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Hey if we have a triangle pitch think of the sheer confusion it would cause? Plus you only need 3 corner flags, that'll sort FFP.

Personally i would go for the 'Jon Beswetherick is completely useless community estadio'. Has a nice ring to it. lol

Also i am willing to back the project with a 35 pence investment for 50% of the company. Otherwise, I'm out.

you could have 3 goals, one at each end, you could play two fixtures at once with 3 teams to avoid fixture congestion

• Like 1

Ok so the Triangle pitch idea is gaining traction, but there is the fact a Mcds and costa are going to be built on this next year does hinder this somewhat.

So i am one for coming up with solutions, so how about this plot of land next to the M1 and large enough to have a giant pitch on. Could have parking and the stadium and with the M1 easy transport. Also could have connections to meadowhall train and tram.

winner, winner i say. thoughts?

Image-2.png

Edited by tarn owl

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

id rather have a flatpack bowl and a decent business model that generates income.

Id prefer however Hillsborough also to have a decent business model that generates income

What I don't like is Hillsborough generating next to nowt and looking like a rusty tin can to boot 

That's what the blades say...freudian slip eh?

3 hours ago, tarn owl said:

Couldn't we just move across the road? Largely empty land and by my clearly perfect measuring with my fingers on my phone i think the ground would fit there. lol

image1.jpeg

As long as you don't back the Kop onto screwfix...Have some silly tw8t wiv a chainsaw...

51 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Hi mate, he now tells me his experience might have been influenced by the fact it was a preseason match.

Apparently it was £10 as opposed to the usual £40. It was rammed with kids watching their IPads and not the match and families casually roaming about during the game with no regard for anyone watching it.

Anyway those bottom filling glasses are the biz.

His final word. He prefers old stadia but it’s called progress he says.

After all he’s a Spurs fan that lives in Brighton and they think they’re the dogs doodahs ;-) down there.

I’ve also got some mates who are happy hammers. The got season tickets to the Olympic stadium and go to most games. They often joke about being a long way from the action but they do go. They weren’t regulars at the Bow Lynn.

25 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Ok so the Triangle pitch idea is gaining traction, but there is the fact a Mcds and costa are going to be built on this next year does hinder this somewhat.

So i am one for coming up with solutions, so how about this plot of land next to the M1 and large enough to have a giant pitch on. Could have parking and the stadium and with the M1 easy transport. Also could have connections to meadowhall train and tram.

Image-2.png

From here it looks ok to me. 

42 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Whatever happened to those  upgrade plans Lee Strafford put forward when England were bidding for the 2018 World Cup?

They looked promising.

We were granted planning permission but going ahead with it was dependant on winning the World Cup bid as we would be given outside funding.  The planning permission has since lapsed, DC was quoted as saying he'd looked at the plans but didn't like them.

40 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Image-2.png

If that's the end of Shepcote Lane / south end of the viaduct, there's already some big new industrial buildings going up at the top end of that site. Great big fk off warehouse type things. To the right of where it says A631. 

43 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Image-2.png

My thoughts are the M1 ain't very handy for the hundred and odd k that live in s6 walkley and crookes