New stadium

31 minutes ago, DNS said:

Agree with this. No need to move but upgrades to the Hillsborough need to be made, in particular knocking down Leppings Lane and closing that chapter. Buying the Wednesydayite land or the space next to it and building a new car park would be a simple development. 

DC turned down the chance of buying the Wednesdayite car park just after he took over.  There is now planning permission on there for retail outlets with construction due  to start any time.

10 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Or a single football fan other than Liverpool supporters. Most fans of other clubs agree it's time to let it go and respect the innocent who passed.

who was the guy on here who mentioned the Rod Stewart concert on here, cant remember, may have been something else but mentioned Hillsboro wasnt considered because of the disaster....

don't know if its true or not but if it is, its that stuff I am referring to

It time to start plotting a move.

I've been coming to Hillsborough for 30 odd years and it would be a big wrench but you can't get stuck in the past.

If we'd stuck with tradition we wouldn't have been playing at Hillsborough in the first place, sometimes it's just time to move on.

I have always been a big fan of the MK stadium (if not the team) so something like that would be good.

Oh and there should be space around it, fan park / shop  / parking / tram or train access.

Edited by Malkmus
Added a bit
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Or a single football fan other than Liverpool supporters. Most fans of other clubs agree it's time to let it go and respect the innocent who passed.

doesn't have to be fans though does it, the media wont let it go. 

Don't see people still banging on about Heysel, Iborx or valley parade all the time. For some reason though, Hillsborough keeps churning on. 

2 minutes ago, Malkmus said:

I've been coming to Hillsborough for 30 odd years and it would be a big wrench but you can't get stuck in the past.

If we'd stuck with tradition we wouldn't have been playing at Hillsborough in the first place, sometimes it's just time to move on.

I have always been a big fan of the MK stadium (if not the team) so something like that would be good.

Its a good stadium that, been there for work and play.

19 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Hence why I asked if football was now all about making money- with no room for tradition or sentiment.

If we move to a new ground and are still in the championship will we still report big losses each year? Most likely yes. 

I don't know, however with the amount of money in the game now that has increased year in year I'd say that sentiment is getting further and further removed. Not sure of the split between money and sentiment but i'd say money takes it

when it all comes tumbling down one day people will wish it was the other way but hey ho

5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

who was the guy on here who mentioned the Rod Stewart concert on here, cant remember, may have been something else but mentioned Hillsboro wasnt considered because of the disaster....

That kind of thing doesn't really bother me to be honest. I know it's more money but I prefer tradition and heritage. Football becoming purely a business is what's wrong with the game imo.

1 minute ago, archieswfc said:

That kind of thing doesn't really bother me to be honest. I know it's more money but I prefer tradition and heritage. Football becoming purely a business is what's wrong with the game imo.

I agree, but like it or not you cant deny its happening and at the moment its here to stay.

DC has said himself our revenue streams are poor, too much our yearly revenue (percentage wise) comes from gate receipts. There for all to see.

We really do need to move with the times and now is the time for a brand spanking new stadium. When Man City relocated they moved to a part of the city where the new stadium became a landmark and was easily accessible to all. A great location for us would be where one of the markets once stood. It would be easily accessible straight off the parkway and visible from really far away. Perfect! 

48 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Not true just another stick to beat the club with..pathetic. We've held Euro 96 and Cup final replays her since the disaster

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

We really do need to move with the times and now is the time for a brand spanking new stadium. When Man City relocated they moved to a part of the city where the new stadium became a landmark and was easily accessible to all. A great location for us would be where one of the markets once stood. It would be easily accessible straight off the parkway and visible from really far away. Perfect! 

I think you've seriously underestimated the amount of land a new stadium would need.  The area suggested is miles too small.  

18 hours ago, the monk said:

Blocked 

Pedantic alert 

??? oh! I see you mean UNblocked.

anyway, once ground is flooded and compensation is paid out, you can unblock as many bridges as you like, it's tainted, it's on record, and it's either having a heavy insurance premium surcharge, or refusal.

Edited by dorian gray

Im not sure I would like to leave Hillsborough, as many others have said the history and tradition are massive pluses for me.

But if we moved I could only see us moving out towards Meadowhall... connection to the M1, Train station, Tram stations, Parking spaces etc.  The roads would def need upgrading to take on the massive extra football traffic.

Like here they joked on for April fools

D3C1_2ZXQAAyrt9.thumb.jpeg.93fe47de56800f4fe30f7f269b108234.jpeg

49 minutes ago, RevOwl said:

Excellent idea!

1 hour ago, Malkmus said:

Oh and there should be space around it, fan park / shop  / parking / tram or train access.

Please god no!! Soulless bowl on end of a bland retail park.

10 minutes ago, metroguy78 said:

Im not sure I would like to leave Hillsborough, as many others have said the history and tradition are massive pluses for me.

But if we moved I could only see us moving out towards Meadowhall... connection to the M1, Train station, Tram stations, Parking spaces etc.  The roads would def need upgrading to take on the massive extra football traffic.

Like here they joked on for April fools

D3C1_2ZXQAAyrt9.thumb.jpeg.93fe47de56800f4fe30f7f269b108234.jpeg

Where is a thera a free plot of land and where are the parking spaces.  It would be a nightmare for anyone coming from the north, west and south west of the city