Tough choice with Bannan

1 minute ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Reach on the bench for me if Bannan is fit.

We also have a similar predicament with Iorfa

I agree reach had a good game today but last 2 games he wasnt up to the pace out on the wing , Murphy did a good job . 

Forgot about Iorfa,  how good is it still have other players like himto come back .

Nice problem to have. Banann comes back in as will Westwood, Dawson is a capable understudy (he will get games, no doubt about it and he knows it.) 

As for what do you do, I think if you want it a bit more solid, you drop a winger and Reach plays. 

Lee and hutch will need breathers so expect luogno will probably rotate in when these two are out. However all three might have alot on keeping him out. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Picking a side when all this squad is fit is a real challenge. 

As it stands, Bannan comes in for Keiron Lee. Lee won’t play 2 games in 4 days, and can come back for the Luton game in place of Hutch. 

I think Hutch and Lee might share a starting spot this season. 

I think that Bannan's distribution to the two lads we had playing out wide for us today would make us incredibly difficult to play against and his relationship with SH and KL would make us such a good side this season. Reach to drop out for me.

4 minutes ago, SquirrelSlingshot said:

I disagree.

Now we have genuine competition for places, players shouldn't be allowed to take a place in the starting XI for granted. It leads to complacency, and sends the wrong message to the other players.

Wouldn't change anything going into next weeks game (other than Dawson)

Well if they stop being out most important players then I’d agree.

But at the moment they are and the competition seems nowhere near at their level.

Until that changes, they need to start.

i never agree with sticking by a winning team.

You should pick your best team for every match.

When people start talking about dropping Reach you realize just how good this squad could be. 

Biggest difference today that I've bit seen mentioned was fitness. We look a real unit and went for the full 90 minutes. 

• Like 1

Isn’t it great to have this problem?

The likes of Forestieri, Rhodes, Luongo, Bannan, Bates, Iorfa, Westwood not in the starting eleven today yet we still played very well.  

Personally I would bring Westwood and Bannan in for Dawson and Reach. 

Bannan brings more to the team for 90 minutes than Reach does.

6 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Well if they stop being out most important players then I’d agree.

But at the moment they are and the competition seems nowhere near at their level.

Until that changes, they need to start.

i never agree with sticking by a winning team.

You should pick your best team for every match.

totally agree you should pick your best team for every match but whats the best team …….bannan gets in my team but you could get 30 different sides from 30 different posters ., then you have what works against Barnsley at home may not be ideal for millwall away .I find it hard to believe that we'll play 2 wingers at the den ……..what we have now is a squad that seems capable of covering just about any given situation .

36 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Agree to an extent

I think Westwood walks back in though, Dawson didn't do much wrong, but Westwood is the better organiser

Don't know who I'd leave out for Bannan

I was surprised when Pelupessy was brought on before Luongo

think impossible not to pick Bannan and Westwood

40 minutes ago, 33 said:

Nice one to have but our best player of last season not sure of a start next game after that performance?

Difficult one for Bullen.

Personally I'd stay with today's midfield and Bazza gets a spot on the bench.

For me it builds team ethos and also everybody knows their place not guaranteed.

Lose your place and you have to fight to get it back.

All good for team and winning culture.

Always been a fan of win and keep your place. Particularly outfield.

That said even Dawson made a strong shout today too.

Bodes well for the season

I actually thought we missed Bannan in the middle today, Reach just seems too haphazard in possession in the middle, not having a pop at Reach at all as it's harsh to judge him in a position that's not his. He is a victim of his own engine and versatility sometimes. 

Bullen said he was planning to go with the same team as Reading before the injury to Bannan and that worked for us today, he also said we won't be playing 2 out and out wingers all season. For Millwall I think Bannan will come back in and Reach will go onto a wing replacing either Murphy or Harris.

16 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Not to everybody's taste this but we always play better without Bannan, no matter who the manager is. 

Will need Bannan ,Millwall away is far tougher than Barnsley at home,will need somebody to put a foot on the ball and have a look,and that man isn't Reach

37 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Bannan and Westwood are our two best players so walk straight back in for me. Dawson back on the bench and then 2 from 3 with Reach, Murphy and Harris for the wide positions 

think reach loses out, he needs to up his game.