Tough choice with Bannan

On 12/08/2019 at 11:11, superowls23 said:

I'd imagine we wont use both speed options in Harris and Murphy at Millwall so that we have one of them fresh for Luton on Tuesday. Which means we might see Reach out wide again. Doubt we'll see Lee and Hutch in both either so plenty of chance for others to step in. 

Nice problems to have for a change

The speed merchants are ESSENTIAL tomorrow.

On 11/08/2019 at 21:08, Manchester_Owl said:

Bannan getting his place back straight away reverts us back to the last 3 season..... Not getting promoted.

We have a good squad and yesterday showed we have some top midfielders.

Bannan will get his shot like everyone else. It's so important than we don't rely on "fan favourites", but actual ability and form, which includes fitness. He's currently not fit, he has to go to the back of the queue.

After yesterday's game if anyone is going to replace Reach it's got to be Luongo. 

And to be honest Pelupessy played well, but you lot won't want to hear that.

This needs addressing.... and yes I'm referring to my own quote here....... he didn't play Bannan from the off, however what he did was much worse.

He took off two defenders to accommodate Bannan, Reach, Hutchinson and Lee all getting a game at some point.

If we were unable to breakdown Millwall then replace the midfield/attackers with others on the bench. Do not move Hutch and Reach to fullback positions, that should only ever happen in an injury crisis.

This alone, win lose or draw is probably why Bullen shouldn't be getting the job.

Think Palmer sub was due to his yellow.

I'd rather slot Reach in against 10 men than Fox.

Don't know if Iorfa was tactical or not but Hutch played pretty well in the role but like everyone else, including Bannan couldn't deliver the key final ball.

I personally would've chucked Nuhiu on to give their CBs a tougher time but easy to say now.

Played well but not our day today in that final phase.

8 minutes ago, 33 said:

Think Palmer sub was due to his yellow.

I'd rather slot Reach in against 10 men than Fox.

Don't know if Iorfa was tactical or not but Hutch played pretty well in the role but like everyone else, including Bannan couldn't deliver the key final ball.

I personally would've chucked Nuhiu on to give their CBs a tougher time but easy to say now.

Played well but not our day today in that final phase.

Why take Fox if you never intend on playing him. (I'm not advocating playing Fox BTW).

We had a clear system from the first two games and now that is out of the window.

If the midfield are unable to unlock the Millwall defense then you replace those midfielders with the ones on the bench.

Shoehorning players will create a bad atmosphere.

46 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Why take Fox if you never intend on playing him. (I'm not advocating playing Fox BTW).

We had a clear system from the first two games and now that is out of the window.

If the midfield are unable to unlock the Millwall defense then you replace those midfielders with the ones on the bench.

Shoehorning players will create a bad atmosphere.

Think Fox was likely the left sided centre half cover with Van Aken going. 

Could have possibly out Adubajo on for Iorfa. 

Understood the Reach move though. Better left foot delivery than Palmer (in principle anyway!) And also Liam getting outrageously booked for what was an excellent tackle.

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

This needs addressing.... and yes I'm referring to my own quote here....... he didn't play Bannan from the off, however what he did was much worse.

He took off two defenders to accommodate Bannan, Reach, Hutchinson and Lee all getting a game at some point.

If we were unable to breakdown Millwall then replace the midfield/attackers with others on the bench. Do not move Hutch and Reach to fullback positions, that should only ever happen in an injury crisis.

This alone, win lose or draw is probably why Bullen shouldn't be getting the job.

Especially when both Reach and Hucthinson(see other thread) rarely went past Harris or Murphy to create space. Iorfa was doing this regularly in the 1st half.