Tough choice with Bannan

With the pace and directness of our wingers we will pick up lots of dangerous free-kicks and corners, like yesterday.

Putting aside Bannan’s in-play quality, his dead-balls are leagues ahead of what we had yesterday.

I have no doubt he comes straight back in, and no doubt posters will be saying “remember that thread last week when we questioned Bannan?”.

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

What has Hutch done wrong when he has played centre half that makes you think that its crazy ? 

And you Rate Borner above Lees ? how do you come to that decision after 2 games in which Lees has been solid as a rock ?

I come to that conclusion because he has been solid alongside Borner. He was like a headless chicken at times last season after Loovens left (at times playing alongside Hutch). Like you said though it's all opinions.

Just now, Holmowl said:

With the pace and directness of our wingers we will pick up lots of dangerous free-kicks and corners, like yesterday.

Putting aside Bannan’s in-play quality, his dead-balls are leagues ahead of what we had yesterday.

I have no doubt he comes straight back in, and no doubt posters will be saying “remember that thread last week when we questioned Bannan?”.

I noticed we are a short team again so probably won't make full use of them. Maybe if we get Iorfa in the somewhere. 

Do we know what was wrong with Bannan? How serious is the injury?

Even if minor, with plenty of options, he should be given time to recover. As long as he needs and a bit more. 

Why risk a recurrence when the three that started Saturday did so well and there's Luongo available? 

3 minutes ago, One De Bilde said:

I come to that conclusion because he has been solid alongside Borner. He was like a headless chicken at times last season after Loovens left (at times playing alongside Hutch). Like you said though it's all opinions.

Last season we had a team full of headless chickens until Jos left 

Lees very rarely has a poor game .

7 minutes ago, Tamworthowl said:

Do we know what was wrong with Bannan? How serious is the injury?

Even if minor, with plenty of options, he should be given time to recover. As long as he needs and a bit more. 

Why risk a recurrence when the three that started Saturday did so well and there's Luongo available? 

Heard on the radio on the way home Bullen say it was minor injury in Friday training and just a precaution. Better, he said, to miss one match than risk playing and be out for 5-6 weeks.

He mentioned managing Keiran Lee's amount of games as well, so I could see Lee being rested when bringing Bannan back in.

12 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Well if they stop being out most important players then I’d agree.

But at the moment they are and the competition seems nowhere near at their level.

Until that changes, they need to start.

i never agree with sticking by a winning team.

You should pick your best team for every match.

Agree. Bullen is wanting the job full time, hes gonna pick his best side available because its his future at sake. He isnt going to start lesser players just because theyve had one decent game. Maybe if he gets the job permanently that will change

1 minute ago, chizumgeorge said:

Agree. Bullen is wanting the job full time, hes gonna pick his best side available because its his future at sake. He isnt going to start lesser players just because theyve had one decent game. Maybe if he gets the job permanently that will change

Surely a manager always picks what he believes is the best team available?

If Bannan is fit he has to play.

He was the best player on the pitch at Reading and with the added pace we had in Harris, he had a field day playing accurate balls out to Harris to run onto all afternoon.

I’d like to see us go with Harris and Murphy out wide with Bannan, Lee and Hutch through the middle. Fletcher up top.

At this level that’s a quality attacking line up.

12 hours ago, Sgt Wilko said:

Bannan & Westwood both back in for me.  reach to the bench - he didn’t do enough for me today. Harris & Murphy are deffo starters.

I don't see us playing two wingers in a way games so Murphy on the bench for me against Millwall

Straight in for reach imo.

Reach not pacy or technical enough to play in front 3 so better suited to covering ground in middle 3, but bannan covers similar ground and is far better technically.

Reach very versatile, albeit jack of all trades, so bring him on for palmer, lee or a winger to see game out.

Playing 2 proper wingers no issue with 1 striker, stick with it

Bannan finally has pace and movement to pick out so we might see the very best of him now, and we will win more free kicks for him to take

Edited by Ash77

Just now, Mycroft said:

If it's our strength to go gung ho then let be, at times barnsley didn't know which way to look, they were in disarray when we caught them on the counter.

Bang on.

I think having 2 pacey wingers away from home could be a real asset when hitting teams on the break.

21 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Surely a manager always picks what he believes is the best team available?

Agree, but "the best team available" is always with an eye on what the opposition's strengths and weaknesses are. Best can vary week to week.

But we should always look to maximise on OUR strengths. So without risking burn out, there's a strong case for playing Murphy and Harris almost every game. I'm never convinced with this "got to be more defensively tight away from home" argument.