Loungo.

Many QPR fans weren't rating him by their reactions. Either he lost interest in playing for such a mediocre team and his performances dropped, or the team around him was so poor he couldn't look good. Or QPR fans are just mental. 

Probably all three.

He basically admitted in his interview that he'd gotten too comfortable there and needed a new challenge to get him motivated again.

1 hour ago, Avon barksdale said:

Doesn’t look like a player who’ll be happy to sit on the bench , Lee bannan hutch best stay on there A game 

One of the best things about signing him IMO - hasn’t been any real competition for midfield places for ages

2 minutes ago, Beholder said:

If you include Reach that's 6 very good options to fit into 3 midfield slots.

Every player has o play to keep their shirt now knowing there is someone who could take their place and keep it.

Exciting times.

Who’s the 6th? I’ve counted Bannan, Lee, Hutch, Reach and Luongo 

He's a terrific signing. It's taken DC years to work out how to progress but the sale of Lucas has allowed some real quality to come in. Bruce, it has to be said has laid the foundation of a promotion side here in a matter of months. A real shame he wouldn't see it through. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Many QPR fans weren't rating him by their reactions. Either he lost interest in playing for such a mediocre team and his performances dropped, or the team around him was so poor he couldn't look good. Or QPR fans are just mental. 

Probably all three.

He basically admitted in his interview that he'd gotten too comfortable there and needed a new challenge to get him motivated again.

I think he's been playing defensive midfield for QPR and actually sees himself more as a box to box midfielder; despite his tough tackling.

I think he's competition for Lee and not for Hutch (although could cover that position). I still think Pessy is seen as cover for Hutch and Luongo as the box to box option.

Our game is all about high energy now and every single option we have offers that (even Bannan can get around the pitch).

It's an exciting acquisition and one which will certainly move us forward.

12 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I think for me, now Luongo has signed its between him, hutch, bannan and lee for that midfield 3. Pessy as back up.

Reach needs to find another dimension to his game otherwise he's gonna be an impact sub ...

I hope this is the case but based on what Bullen's said in the past about Reach I fear he's on the "Un-droppables" list. Millwall will tell us everything, if he sticks with Murphy on the wing and brings Bazza back in dropping Reach i'll have more respect for Bullen.

• Haha 1

Reach can make a decent fist of any outfield role except centre back and centre forward. So he's a very useful tool for a manager to have in his box. 

I understand the argument that there's maybe not one position on the pitch he's right now the obvious first choice for, but squad rotation is going to be key (and I think we also tend to underraye him), and I can certainly see him starting the large majority of games somewhere on the pitch. His own conundrum would be whether he needs to be somewhere where he can make one role his own, and level up.

I like the idea that in tougher games or away games him, Hutch and Lee as a three offer you tenacity, grit, energy and bite. With the new found rapid wingers we have we are less reliant on Bazza creating miracles from the middle. Those games being over ran in middle I believe are long gone!!