Loungo.

Loungo looks the real deal but I think he's probably not up to full fitness yet so I'm not sure he'll start at Millwall. If he does he'll probably not last the full ninety.

Is certainly preferable to Reach in central midfield and well ahead of Pelupessey in the pecking order. Hopefully BB will be fully fit.

Lovely cameo from him yesterday... energy, strength and a touch of quality. Had a good feeling about this signing as soon as the news broke - even more so after watching him yesterday. 

Really liked his attitude and the way he spoke in his interview when he signed. Could prove to be a superb signing.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, swfc-dan said:

Many QPR fans weren't rating him by their reactions. Either he lost interest in playing for such a mediocre team and his performances dropped, or the team around him was so poor he couldn't look good. Or QPR fans are just mental. 

Probably all three.

He basically admitted in his interview that he'd gotten too comfortable there and needed a new challenge to get him motivated again.

Totally different to reactions I saw , if you actually looked on their twitter page when announcing he was joining us there was a good 70% saying he was good and they will miss him etc . The problem is also sour grapes with many fans , weeks before he left you can guarantee they would say he was good but just because he’s leaving he then turns ‘crap’ if you get my drift 

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

Thought he was excellent, can do the job Joey does + loads more.

Quick and aggressive and can go past players. We have no one like him.

Good Clapper as well then?

Great signing. Looked, sharp, high energy, combative, skill full, I could go on.

Best of all, clearly fits in our system and puts massive pressure on every central midfield player in our squad to be at their very best....and that still may not keep him out of the team. 

What I think this signing has confirmed, is that now we have a strong, competitive match day 18. One that for me now has the ability to have the right starting XI and impact subs in a game. Of course one that is now not overly reliant on bannan either. We haven't had that in at this level for years and years. Carlos formed a good XI but not enough to add, which is why Lee was run to death. If. We keep our attitude, fitness, and position competitiveness right, we have a solid playoff team in my opinion. We should be able to manage and cover injuries right for once too. Hopefully we'll use that and make 1 or 2 signings as needed in Jan to supplement that. 

On 10/08/2019 at 19:04, Beholder said:

Nearly scored with his first touch as well.

Yea, not good enough.. Both Harris and Murphy scored with their first touch, so Luongo doesn't cut it sadly ;)

Seriously though, with him to reinforce the quartet of Hutch, Bannan, Lee and Reach, our midfield has never looked better!