Club Statement

5 hours ago, vulva said:

Very defeatist. Other clubs and other businesses manage it. Not expecting Michelin star or fine dining, but the service and product is 3rd world. By far and away the biggest issue is the loss of income. 

As a loss making business you would think they would be on top of things like this- it's not as though they haven't been made aware of it!

Really don't get how they can't have staff trained up, with a couple of them dedicated to just constantly pulling pints. A quick visit to other clubs will show that it really isn't rocket science. 

Its an absolute joke all this. You see one line of stewards seperating fans in grounds everywhere else in the country, in Sheffield they aren't allowed to sit near enout to even shout at each other.

They only let Owls fans out at Penistone Road side of North; same with South but people wanting tram etc just walk round and mix in with away fans at end of the drive. 

Its like you can't have a scrap outside the stadium but the tram stop is fine. Once fans leave the stadium segregation & crowd management is SYP's job & thats what the club are charged for. The new procedure is a farse & pointless. 

1 hour ago, mark.flem said:

Its an absolute joke all this. You see one line of stewards seperating fans in grounds everywhere else in the country, in Sheffield they aren't allowed to sit near enout to even shout at each other.

They only let Owls fans out at Penistone Road side of North; same with South but people wanting tram etc just walk round and mix in with away fans at end of the drive. 

Its like you can't have a scrap outside the stadium but the tram stop is fine. Once fans leave the stadium segregation & crowd management is SYP's job & thats what the club are charged for. The new procedure is a farse & pointless. 

Forgive me for asking this, since i did not watch sat's game, and it doesn't affect me personally, but the way i read the 'prohibition notice' it says nothing aboutSupporters approaching the Leppings Lane end, and going round the ground either by Vere Road, or by way of behind the South Stand, thus increasing intermingling at the pinch point at the lane end. 

47 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Forgive me for asking this, since i did not watch sat's game, and it doesn't affect me personally, but the way i read the 'prohibition notice' it says nothing aboutSupporters approaching the Leppings Lane end, and going round the ground either by Vere Road, or by way of behind the South Stand, thus increasing intermingling at the pinch point at the lane end. 

Yes thats what I'm saying. You could walk up Vere Road & end up 20 steps from exit your not allowed to use any more. You mingle in with away fans at the top of the drive same as always. Its completely pointless. Just inconvenience. 

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

We were stopped from going down Leppings Lane and had to do a half marathon around 3 sides of the stadium to get on the Cantilever

I sit between the half way line, and the goal mouth at the Leppings Lane end, so I walked virtually all round the stadium to get to my seat

A bit worrying when you're still in recovery after having two heart attacks

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

9 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

That's a shame Hootie, I share your mobility problems for the last season and forward, one or other of my boys drops me at Penistone Road club shop gates. You could alternatively park outside the old Wednesdayite car park but you would have to be there 2 hours prior to kick off. 

I've told my son if this practice continues, we'll have to retire to the South Stand with all the other oldies, I can't walk around 4 sides of the ground every game.

We park on Middlewood Road because it's easy to get away, which is a must when you live outside of Sheffield

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

8 hours ago, vulva said:

Very defeatist. Other clubs and other businesses manage it. Not expecting Michelin star or fine dining, but the service and product is 3rd world. By far and away the biggest issue is the loss of income. 

There was no problem at Tramlines, beers were served as soon as ordered.

On 09/08/2019 at 15:44, casbahowl said:

Just demolish and rebuild the west stand, no need to move grounds. Should have been done as soon as the enquiry was over!

Just how is that going to deal with the fact that the exit from the ground onto leppings land is so small that the away fans and homes "clash"?

2 hours ago, Last_Great_Hope said:

Just how is that going to deal with the fact that the exit from the ground onto leppings land is so small that the away fans and homes "clash"?

Any number of ways ...... we’re talking about a major engineering project here that may or may not include bridges across the Don. 

I guess the final decision will rest with DC and the highly paid architects who’ll be tasked with doing the design!

Also SYP could also try doing their jobs to avoid a “clash” rather than blaming anyone else  but themselves for their own ineptitude!

This is now becoming a complete farce.  The next 2 home fixtures are against clubs who will bring barely a handful of fans and certainly not enough to require the double parking of coaches on Leppings Lane, which was probably the biggest issue which the report concluded was allegedly causing problems with egress from the ground.  So to ban ticket sales in the North Stand is patently ridiculous.

Edited by Kevan

I have put this on the Luton thread but this is probably more appropriate.

we have to at least try and make our voices heard 

sent to SYP police commissioner via his website 

Dear Mr Billings
Are you aware of the ridicule and vitriol that is being aimed at SYP as a result of the draconian and senseless actions taken in relation to the free movement of people around the Hillsborough stadium and the banning of the sale of tickets for the North stand?
This is not to mention the ridiculous decision to funnel thousands of fans in one direction onto an open main artery dual carriageway? God knows what will happen at night games on Penistone Road and these actions have CREATED a public safety issue.
As commissioner this is done in your name and you will be one of those held responsible when the inevitable happens.

• Like 1

This needs solving, just reading Hootie's experience, is gut wrenching enough. There will be others with with mobility issues, getting out must be a bloody trauma. Let alone getting in. 

I just for the life of me, still can understand why they are driving circa 8k fans from the north out, directly onto a dual carriage way. 

Thete must be some form of compromise. 

Edited by Maddogbob

48 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

This needs solving, just reading Hootie's experience, is gut wrenching enough. There will be others with with mobility issues, getting out must be a bloody trauma. Let alone getting in. 

I just for the life of me, still can understand why they are driving circa 8k fans from the north out, directly onto a dual carriage way. 

SAG have agreed unrestricted access and egress to all stands, providing its played at Millmoor 

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

If the North volunteer to hang back til the away fans have dispersed it's problem solved..

6 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

If the North volunteer to hang back til the away fans have dispersed it's problem solved..

Agreed, in much the same way as if Husband accepts that Wifey takes a condom out on a girls night out with her to save the marriage - its an agreement to a relatively benign action but its pretty obvious where its leading and agreement is essentially condoning something much greater than that initial act.