Club Statement

4 minutes ago, BIG D said:

Could have done with a few more announcements with the information or perhaps could have put signs up in the toilets.

:duntmatter:

Do  you make a habit of reading whats written on toilet walls ? 

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

That's just an optical illusion.

I think he was wearing a jetpack. Good to see SYP putting our tax money to good use.

:duntmatter:

I thought it was Neil at first glance lol

It was a storm in teacup in my experience.

turned up at 14.57

straight through the turnstiles and straight to my seat

Left with about 30 seconds of added time to play, managed to get out relatively easily (although obviously larger crowds on Penistone road)

no difference at all for me getting in or out

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone have any issues today?

Not an issue but a steward stopped me outside the North asking which stand I required. 

She said "this is the North stand" 

I replied "I know I've had a season ticket in it for the last 20 years"

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone have any issues today?

It's an accident waiting to happen

We parked up on Middlewood Road and walked down Catchbar Lane to the junction with Leppings Lane, at the junction we were told we couldn't walk down Leppings Lane to the ground, I told the steward we were going to walk down Vere Road to the kop end, but we weren't allowed. I've recently retired from work through ill health having suffered two heart attacks last October, I can't walk very far without getting out of breath. I had to continue walking down Catchbar Lane to Penistone Road, and then pass the front of the kop by walking on the road because of people queuing to get into the kop. We finally made it to the North Stand entrance near the club shop to be greeted by queues to get in.

After the game I couldn't walk all that way again, so I walked to Vere Road, there was Police and Stewards blocking the road, me and my son slipped past a copper and walked up Vere Road while he was talking. We arrived on Leppings Lane, but being the only two people in Wednesday shirts, a few Barnsley lads got a bit mouthy, we just walked past them, no coppers in sight, apart from a driver sat in every police van (with the engine running helping pollute the planet)

We made it back to our car safely, but I was knackered

Not sure what we will do if this practice continues, probably phone an ambulance when I keel over

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

38 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

At Stoke last year there were signs everywhere saying roads round the ground would be closed to traffic after the game.

Obviously beyond the capabilities of SYP commanders.

Yep, this is exactly what a competent policing operation would involve. Unfortunately, SYP say traffic management around the stadium is not their responsibility. Hence, the cones closing one lane of Penistone Road belong to SWFC and are put there by SWFC staff. It’s an utter joke

Edited by owltilidie

44 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

It not a pop, its a question. Why has this been sat on? Why has it not been challenged earlier? 

I think you are allowed to ask questions Bob, good or bad imo.  

Sadly you will get some who jump on your back, without the ability to reason.  Sad really.  

2 minutes ago, Ronio said:

I think you are allowed to ask questions Bob, good or bad imo.  

Sadly you will get some who jump on your back, without the ability to reason.  Sad really.  

Yeah I know dude. Also how dare i be critical of somat. 

Especially when we are winning. 

• Like 1

Biggest issue today on the north was the bar service

I honestly believed it could not get any worse....I was wrong

It took an average of 2-3 minutes to serve each customer, so during an 15minute half time break they manage to serve 7 or 8 people

12 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's an accident waiting to happen

We parked up on Middlewood Road and walked down Catchbar Lane to the junction with Leppings Lane, at the junction we were told we couldn't walk down Leppings Lane to the ground, I told the steward we were going to walk down Vere Road to the kop end, but we weren't allowed. I've recently retired from work through ill health having suffered two heart attacks last October, I can't walk very far without getting out of breath. I had to continue walking down Catchbar Lane to Penistone Road, and then pass the front of the kop by walking on the road because of people queuing to get into the kop. We finally made it to the North Stand entrance near the club shop to be greeted by queues to get in.

After the game I couldn't walk all that way again, so I walked to Vere Road, there was Police and Stewards blocking the road, me and my son slipped past a copper and walked up Vere Road while he was talking. We arrived on Leppings Lane, but being the only two people in Wednesday shirts, a few Barnsley lads got a bit mouthy, we just walked past them, no coppers in sight, apart from a driver sat in every police van (with the engine running helping pollute the planet)

We made it back to our car safely, but I was knackered

Not sure what we will do if this practice continues, probably phone an ambulance when I keel over

I did Vere Road both before and after the game mate. Me and the lad were in colours but no one tried stopping us but we it was about 2.55 before and LL was deserted. After the game the stewards and police appeared to have either given up or were satisfied that all the Barnsley fans were on their buses. 

Next time you should protest and just continue to walk, I don't think stewards will physically try and stop you. Why can't they understand that those that want trouble will find it and the likes of you with health issues or I, and others, with children will avoid it.

4 minutes ago, Dot said:

Biggest issue today on the north was the bar service

I honestly believed it could not get any worse....I was wrong

It took an average of 2-3 minutes to serve each customer, so during an 15minute half time break they manage to serve 7 or 8 people

Probably the amount of drinks ordered for mates and stuff. Took me 30 seconds to get a water once at the front

Not keen on the cartons though ffs

1 minute ago, Ash76 said:

Probably the amount of drinks ordered for mates and stuff. Took me 30 seconds to get a water once at the front

Not keen on the cartons though ffs

It seriously wasn't that

People were ordering 2 drinks at a time and it was taking  2 or 3 minutes

3 minutes ago, bigsheff said:

feel sorry for the shops on leppings lane that rely on the fans custom, the chinese, sandwich shop & programme/memorabilia shop will have been well down on takings today

Did they stop home fans walking down Leppings Lane?

Just now, Essix Blue said:

Did they stop home fans walking down Leppings Lane?

They did from Hillsborough Corner, I walked in from Burger King side & didn't see anyone wearing owls shirts walking down.

But why would you walk down if you can't get in that way?

1 hour ago, bigsheff said:

They did from Hillsborough Corner, I walked in from Burger King side & didn't see anyone wearing owls shirts walking down.

But why would you walk down if you can't get in that way?

To go to the shops?