Club Statement

1 hour ago, bigsheff said:

But why would you walk down if you can't get in that way?

If you come from Asda local, LL & Vere Road is quicker than under the South. I got through but  most Barnsley fans were already in

29 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

If you come from Asda local, LL & Vere Road is quicker than under the South. I got through but  most Barnsley fans were already in

Did you try entering the South stand from leppings lane?

Think your coming from the other side, i'm talking about coming from burger king past lawbrothers rather walking all way down penistone road to south stand.

Edited by bigsheff

3 hours ago, Dot said:

Biggest issue today on the north was the bar service

I honestly believed it could not get any worse....I was wrong

It took an average of 2-3 minutes to serve each customer, so during an 15minute half time break they manage to serve 7 or 8 people

Year after year we seem to struggle to crack this most simple of services. 

6 hours ago, Kopparberg said:

Stewards telling us to keep off the road (makes sense and not the stewards fault)... fans aren’t going to move onto one thin pavement and shuffle along - side by side it’s about 8/9 people - so people will likely do that and go onto the road.  

5 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

The road defo needs closing 15 mins before and after the game, you cant have people spilling out of the ground mixing with cars, its insane. 

You you would have thought that the increase in pedestrians on Penistone Road would have raised another risk especially as there is no attempt at traffic control to make the environment safe. However, it looks like this has not been included in the assessment. I think we should all write to SAG and SYP pointing this out so, when this risk is ignored, the next of kin will have a name of someone to sue.

A few have mentioned the kiosks so..  pre game at kiosk, asked lad serving, “2 pints of Wednesday please”. Wingman next to the lad doesn’t move until till man asks him to get 2 pints of Wednesday. Wingman trots off towards the pumps. Wingman trots back to the till man and asks “which one is it?”. They both trot off to the pumps to find “Wednesday” pump. Till man trots back and only now does he ask the next customer for their order. Meanwhile wingman starts pouring my pint from about 2 feet below the nozzle and wonders why it’s full of froth after 2 seconds. To enable till man to keep serving, I speak to wingman and suggest they hold it near the nozzle and at an angle. Wingman ignores advice. Till man intervenes and takes over, heeding advice stating “we are only agency staff mate”. Sweet baby Jesus.

• Haha 2

Back on topic, funny thing was seeing stewards on concourse still pointing with their arms/hands which way the exit is as  a couple of thousand people are toe to toe heading one way! One old boy who I smiled at said “I have to keep my arm like this otherwise they won’t pay me!” :ghoulguy:

Edited by EssexOwl
Typo
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, EssexOwl said:

A few have mentioned the kiosks so..  pre game at kiosk, asked lad serving, “2 pints of Wednesday please”. Wingman next to the lad doesn’t move until till man asks him to get 2 pints of Wednesday. Wingman trots off towards the pumps. Wingman trots back to the till man and asks “which one is it?”. They both trot off to the pumps to find “Wednesday” pump. Till man trots back and only now does he ask the next customer for their order. Meanwhile wingman starts pouring my pint from about 2 feet below the nozzle and wonders why it’s full of froth after 2 seconds. To enable till man to keep serving, I speak to wingman and suggest they hold it near the nozzle and at an angle. Wingman ignores advice. Till man intervenes and takes over, heeding advice stating “we are only agency staff mate”. Sweet baby Jesus.

I’m not one to moan at the kiosk staff etc but I bought some stuff for the kids, sweets etc today. Not got the energy to describe the ‘retail experience’, but suffice to say it was like a sketch from Fawlty Towers. 

Was in the ground just after 1.30pm as kids wanted pictures with the players. South Stsnd concourse was more or less deserted until 2.40pm. Do they not think of running promotions on beer, food from say 1.30pm, to get people in? I’ve never worked in retail, but the lack of commercial nouse is frightening. It took someone until around 2.20pm to twig that the TVs weren’t on?! I just presumed we hadn’t paid the bill and had got cut off. 

Anyone with any commercial/catering skill and ambition would have an absolute birthday sorting that place out. It’s like visiting a cafe that’s 2 weeks from closing. 

10 hours ago, Dot said:

Biggest issue today on the north was the bar service

I honestly believed it could not get any worse....I was wrong

It took an average of 2-3 minutes to serve each customer, so during an 15minute half time break they manage to serve 7 or 8 people

They tried to charge us £47 for 4 pints at the kiosk at to of Kop end ramp at half time. Took us ten minutes to sort it out as the Lass behind till wouldn't accept it was wrong. Stewards got involved eventually and sorted it. 

• Haha 3

We usually leave the Riverside at 2:40 walk up to LL and drop down into the ground (North Stand). Obviously because of the pathetic regulations in place yesterday including the worry that we may not even get our season ticket seats we had to leg it down to Penistone Rd and in that way.

So we were in just before 2:30, “we’ll have a drink inside the ground’ I said. The queues were that ridiculous that we never even attempted.

Also the new steward on our gangway looked very, very keen bless him. Never took his eyes off the crowd, scanning away like one of Trumps security.

lol

All in all, what a complete load of b0ll0cks

Edited by BIG D
  • Haha 1

Perhaps Clive Betts would be a good bet [ sorry ] , to try and get some kind of response from SYP and SAG . He's a staunch Wednesdayite and attends matches home and away on a regular basis . He just might be able to try and resolve this to the benefit of all.

On 09/08/2019 at 16:25, bladeshater said:

Massive overreaction by SYP not fit for purpose past history shows that 

Absolutely.The 96 Miners set up by SYP after they were arrested during the Battle of Orgreave in the Miners Strike which was five years earlier can testify to that.My late uncle was arrested on that day.:tango:

17 hours ago, vulva said:

I’m not one to moan at the kiosk staff etc but I bought some stuff for the kids, sweets etc today. Not got the energy to describe the ‘retail experience’, but suffice to say it was like a sketch from Fawlty Towers. 

Was in the ground just after 1.30pm as kids wanted pictures with the players. South Stsnd concourse was more or less deserted until 2.40pm. Do they not think of running promotions on beer, food from say 1.30pm, to get people in? I’ve never worked in retail, but the lack of commercial nouse is frightening. It took someone until around 2.20pm to twig that the TVs weren’t on?! I just presumed we hadn’t paid the bill and had got cut off. 

Anyone with any commercial/catering skill and ambition would have an absolute birthday sorting that place out. It’s like visiting a cafe that’s 2 weeks from closing. 

This is how it’s done. Yes I know they’ve brand new facilities, but there is so much untapped potential we are missing out on by not doing the basics. 

• Thanks 1

The report is garbage...

29 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

This is how it’s done. Yes I know they’ve brand new facilities, but there is so much untapped potential we are missing out on by not doing the basics. 

This is where the new stadium argument comes in...location, facilities, transportation, etc. all plays a part.  Waiting 10 minutes to get a pint in a cold Hillsborough in winter is hardly appealing.  People just won't hang around. 

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 20:32, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It's an accident waiting to happen

We parked up on Middlewood Road and walked down Catchbar Lane to the junction with Leppings Lane, at the junction we were told we couldn't walk down Leppings Lane to the ground, I told the steward we were going to walk down Vere Road to the kop end, but we weren't allowed. I've recently retired from work through ill health having suffered two heart attacks last October, I can't walk very far without getting out of breath. I had to continue walking down Catchbar Lane to Penistone Road, and then pass the front of the kop by walking on the road because of people queuing to get into the kop. We finally made it to the North Stand entrance near the club shop to be greeted by queues to get in.

After the game I couldn't walk all that way again, so I walked to Vere Road, there was Police and Stewards blocking the road, me and my son slipped past a copper and walked up Vere Road while he was talking. We arrived on Leppings Lane, but being the only two people in Wednesday shirts, a few Barnsley lads got a bit mouthy, we just walked past them, no coppers in sight, apart from a driver sat in every police van (with the engine running helping pollute the planet)

We made it back to our car safely, but I was knackered

Not sure what we will do if this practice continues, probably phone an ambulance when I keel over

That's a shame Hootie, I share your mobility problems for the last season and forward, one or other of my boys drops me at Penistone Road club shop gates. You could alternatively park outside the old Wednesdayite car park but you would have to be there 2 hours prior to kick off. 

19 hours ago, vulva said:

It's to be expected. a commercial service centre with a varied staff compliment that is only open for business short of 100 hours per year. 

1 hour ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

It's to be expected. a commercial service centre with a varied staff compliment that is only open for business short of 100 hours per year. 

Very defeatist. Other clubs and other businesses manage it. Not expecting Michelin star or fine dining, but the service and product is 3rd world. By far and away the biggest issue is the loss of income.