Club Statement

3 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So other than Millwall and now Hillsborough, is there a ground in the country where home and away fans don't leave and mingle together, 99.99% of the time with no issues?

We have that lower walkway at toytown but even then there's a meeting point further down, Birmingham have an "enclosure" for away fans but still let people straight out into the home fans if theyre not on the coaches, can't think of any more where the rival fans don't meet within 50 yards or so. 

Barnsley

5 minutes ago, alanharper said:

So other than Millwall and now Hillsborough, is there a ground in the country where home and away fans don't leave and mingle together, 99.99% of the time with no issues?

We have that lower walkway at toytown but even then there's a meeting point further down, Birmingham have an "enclosure" for away fans but still let people straight out into the home fans if theyre not on the coaches, can't think of any more where the rival fans don't meet within 50 yards or so. 

Don’t know if it was typical but at Leeds last season everyone was forced to leave on the buses back to the station regardless of whether they wanted to go to the station or not.

32 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Seems a no brainer... a large part of their observation is around fans milling about immediately outside the ground and preventing egress, so what better way to force them to mill about and prevent egress than to have them waiting directly outside the ground to be filtered on to coaches?

Great point. Move the coaches further away then fans will move away quicker. The report talks as though leppings lane permanently has coaches double parked on it. Most clubs in this league bring 4 or 5 max. Its a sledgehammer to crack a nut that isn't actually in a shell in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, The Regulator said:

Don’t know if it was typical but at Leeds last season everyone was forced to leave on the buses back to the station regardless of whether they wanted to go to the station or not.

No they didn’t pal, we had a walk up to Beeston for a few beers after the match then got taxis back to the station.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Anyone have any issues today?

Stewards telling us to keep off the road (makes sense and not the stewards fault)... fans aren’t going to move onto one thin pavement and shuffle along - side by side it’s about 8/9 people - so people will likely do that and go onto the road.  

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

A pain in the ass getting in and out of the North today . I do worry that so many extra fans having to exit onto penistone rd is an accident waiting to happen.

Just now, S36 OWL said:

A pain in the ass getting in and out of the North today . I do worry that so many extra fans having to exit onto penistone rd is an accident waiting to happen.

Its a huge concern that. Quite frankly that was my first thought. 

8 minutes ago, Kopparberg said:

Stewards telling us to keep off the road (makes sense and not the stewards fault)... fans aren’t going to move onto one thin pavement and shuffle along - side by side it’s about 8/9 people - so people will likely do that and go onto the road.  

I walked down the outside Lane and cheesed off a bloke in a red car. He pipped me he got a reminder of how many Fletcher scored Daft thing was an ambulance with the sirens on had zero chance of getting through and was stood down

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Took longer to get out and forced into penistone road with the swell of the crowd and more people going in different directions around the main exit gate on South Stand side. 

Noticed they were still letting people into the North Stand when I arrived at around 5 to 3 and it looked pretty full so doesn't seem like many if any had to move to another area of the ground? 

1 minute ago, mkowl said:

I walked down the outside Lane and cheesed off a bloke in a red car. He pipped me he got a reminder of how many Fletcher scored Daft thing was an ambulance with the sirens on had zero chance of getting through and was stood down

People spilling onto the road is a problem. Basically shuts off one lane out of two on Penistone Rd. 

Spent most of my walk down Parkside road on the road because of parked cars on the pavement and then it was the same  on the way back. Surely that cant be good for my safety. Ive never exited from Penistone road before but it seemed chaotic and slow. 

Just now, Kopparberg said:

People spilling onto the road is a problem. Basically shuts off one lane out of two on Penistone Rd. 

Tbh that has always happened. Got it coned off upto the Chinese 

10 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Tbh that has always happened. Got it coned off upto the Chinese 

True. That was possibly in an ‘ignorant’ sort of way - today it didn’t seem like people would want to even attempt it.

You also get away fans coming round the corner where the Chinese is and walking in the opposite direction towards town.