Club Statement

7 hours ago, casbahowl said:

No they didn’t pal, we had a walk up to Beeston for a few beers after the match then got taxis back to the station.

We must not have tried hard enough! We tried escaping onto Elland Road but were turned back by police and had no choice but to get on the buses.

• Like 1

The biggest issue in my mind was the traffic management on Penistone Road.  They have to close it for 15 minutes after the final whistle and just let people clear.  They closed one lane but the cones actually caused more of a hinderance than having nothing.  I can remember when I was a kid (late '90's) they used to close the road for 15 minutes.  If they did that then clearing the area would be less of an issue.  The concourse on the North was busy but I've been in far worse (Old Trafford for one).

Just not bothered...

1 hour ago, Maddogbob said:

Are the club challenging this? Or is that it, your basically forced to continue like this?

Have you bothered reading the statement?

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Skimmed it. But thanks for pointing it out and jumping all over it. 

Read it properly and you'll get your answer mate

Just now, Ash76 said:

Read it properly and you'll get your answer mate

Enlighten me, im lazy. 

What i do find slightly annoying about this, is that its alleged the club have know about this for 3 months. 

If so, why wasnt this communicated or delt with earlier. Slightly rubbish from Wednesday. If true. 

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

Enlighten me, im lazy. 

What i do find slightly annoying about this, is that its alleged the club have know about this for 3 months. 

If so, why wasnt this communicated or delt with earlier. Slightly rubbish from Wednesday. If true. 

Not lazy enough to have a pop at the club though eh?

3 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

Not lazy enough to have a pop at the club though eh?

It not a pop, its a question. Why has this been sat on? Why has it not been challenged earlier? 

Bit rubbish if you ask me. 

Praise, yes great on the pitch, good signings. Off the pitch utter shamble as normal. 

Basic stuff again. 

Poor communication, poor fan experience. 

Who fault that is, currently up in the air. 

Edited by Maddogbob

1 minute ago, Maddogbob said:

It not a pop, its a question. Why has this been sat on? Why has it not been challenged earlier?  

Someone on here will know

30 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

The biggest issue in my mind was the traffic management on Penistone Road.  They have to close it for 15 minutes after the final whistle and just let people clear.  They closed one lane but the cones actually caused more of a hinderance than having nothing.  I can remember when I was a kid (late '90's) they used to close the road for 15 minutes.  If they did that then clearing the area would be less of an issue.  The concourse on the North was busy but I've been in far worse (Old Trafford for one).

At Stoke last year there were signs everywhere saying roads round the ground would be closed to traffic after the game.

Obviously beyond the capabilities of SYP commanders.

42 minutes ago, ANDY said:

Fuppin ell @casbahowl cheer up... we won !!

To be fair no one in that picture looks reyt pleased. They look like they have been shuffling along trying to get to the exit for about an hour! 

27 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Saw this suspect looking mother chuffer taking photos of the crowds on Penistone Road before and after the game today.

Hopefully gathering evidence on behalf of the club that the SAG f*cked up.

IMG_20190810_170544.thumb.jpg.956f39d60543de51a4434eb2418f6101.jpg

Hope that was his own car roof he was stood on. 

• Haha 3