Club Statement

2 minutes ago, alanharper said:

But that wouldn't make any difference to this newly invented "issue" with fans leaving the North at that end. 

Exactly. 

This new ‘problem’ that’s been there for decades would still be there. Short of buying 3 dozen house on Vere Rd and knocking them down I fail to see how this can be solved. 

9 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I think I tend to agree with a statement made earlier.

Bite the bullet, level and rebuild the West stand and end the Stigma.

Obviously there's the funding aspects but sadly I don't ever see this going away.

Completely agree 

9 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

I think I tend to agree with a statement made earlier.

Bite the bullet, level and rebuild the West stand and end the Stigma.

Obviously there's the funding aspects but sadly I don't ever see this going away.

It's got to be done at some point. 

Am I right in thinking that any ground improvements won't be on our accounts now since we don't own the stadium... So no FFP implications?

Guest Bulgaria
2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Short of buying 3 dozen house on Vere Rd and knocking them down I fail to see how this can be solved. 

Steady on mate, we are cash strapped, where on earth would we find 20 grand?

1 minute ago, kristmace said:

It's got to be done at some point. 

Am I right in thinking that any ground improvements won't be on our accounts now since we don't own the stadium... So no FFP implications?

Not 100% sure but I think ground improvements don't count towards FFP anyway 

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

SAG and SYP are incompetent Cockclankers in my opinion.

Useless Dangleberries aside, our ground in it's current guise isn't fit for purpose. 

New West Stand needed, and serious modifications all round.

Do it DC. Do it now.

Never a truer word spoken 

DC has always said that it’s promotion first, stadium second. Given that he can’t now spend like in 2015/16 and has seemingly (hopefully) found a more sustainable financial model as far as the squad is concerned, he may as well spend some on the stadium instead which doesn’t count towards FFP as far as I know.

Edited by The Regulator

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Just out of interest will anybody be altering their match day routine because of this farce?

We usually go drinking around Hillsborough corner before the matches and leave at about 2.30pm to get to the match but was thinking of leaving 15 minutes early to allow for this nonsense.

Surely that’ll be enough time to make kickoff.

Same here pal

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

The more you read the report the more you realise it seems to be a failing of the crowd management by the police. Stop parking away coaches on the lepp for big games. More space etc. There were more than enough police on duty to deal with this.

So all the home fans now need to double back on their routes by exit on the kop end then walk up vere rd and end up.at the same place. Or are we expected to walk to law bros then back up leppings lane?

Away fans mix at most grounds; and police seem to manage. ⁰

Seems a no brainer... a large part of their observation is around fans milling about immediately outside the ground and preventing egress, so what better way to force them to mill about and prevent egress than to have them waiting directly outside the ground to be filtered on to coaches?

25 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The "problem" is SYP and their inability to manage big crowds at football games. 

Brilliantly, they've probably made things even more difficult. 

Utter morons. 

Nail on’t head 

2 minutes ago, Night King said:

is there anything to stop the club building a brick wall to segregate the land behind the leppings lane end or would that just make things worse?

Theres already a fairly robust wall separating home and away turnstiles 

The thing I find bizarre is at grounds up and down the country home & away fans sit literally 5 rows apart, and either divided by a line of stewards, or meshing over the seats 

not hillsborough

- Whole stand

- Leppings Lane corner 

- 10 rows on north stand near leppings lane 

- Stewards 

They should just erect the Berlin Wall aswell while they are at it 

totally inept & corrupt 

So other than Millwall and now Hillsborough, is there a ground in the country where home and away fans don't leave and mingle together, 99.99% of the time with no issues?

We have that lower walkway at toytown but even then there's a meeting point further down, Birmingham have an "enclosure" for away fans but still let people straight out into the home fans if theyre not on the coaches, can't think of any more where the rival fans don't meet within 50 yards or so. 

Guaranteed that kick off will be delayed.

Its all a bit baffling. These are meant to be professionals in safety.

All other clubs seem to keep fans back 10 minutes. The argument they’re making is that our concourse isn’t safe for people to be held back in? Then hold them back in their seats? On 88 mins put a couple of stewards or police on each gangway exit to stop people filing into the concourse - it’s really not hard.

Reducing the north stand capacity and having the majority of the stadium exit onto a main road isn’t the answer.

Their solution only causes more danger for fans - and doesn’t actually solve the problems that arise with fan trouble. Our lot who want to get the tram or whatever will still exit onto Penistone Road and walk straight round to Leppings Lane via Vere Road or whatever.

Daft.