A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

It's ******** horrific.

My Dad and Brother are 2 of those staff.

Been completely poo on by the Prince and Kevin playing hardball with each other.

How the fizz does a chef find work when all restaurants are closed?

It ******** stinks and more should have been made of it in the Star etc.

Sorry to hear that Matt, as I say I've always found the staff there to be decent folk, even the Blunt fans were friendly and approachable. Nobody deserves to lose their jobs regardless of it. As you say it couldn't come at such a worse time when companies all over cutting back with jobs, and in your families case...chefs when both restaurants and pubs are still currently closed. Might have to take something else they can find till things get back to normal or at least when venues start reopening.

4 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Their game is based around pressing allover the pitch,they are very high energy,the difference now is the June heat will sap the energy out of legs as will the harder pitches and they will leave gaps they werent leaving before due to tiredness.

Shame innit

They should enjoy things at Old Trafford then, hottest its been all summer is expected midweek with temps in low 30s celsius. 🥵

2 hours ago, darra said:

They're having a bit of a meltdown on Twitter. One said the 3 months lay off affected them badly which was ok until another pointed out that Newcastle had a 3 month lay off as well.

I've just read this on Facebook........ it’s not over yet ! Really need some firepower up front. Someone to attack the ball when it comes into the box. Some of the crosses were magnificent but no one on the end of them. If United had two forwards who could get 20-30 goals a season between them we would be challenging the top two. I think we miss O’Connell.

:tango:

1 hour ago, Matt_1 said:

It's ******** horrific.

Been completely poo on by the Prince and Kevin playing hardball with each other.

My first thought was - but they COULD have remained furloughed for a few months yet - this stinks.

It's not nice pal, I hope for the best for your family but fear the worst right now.

2 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

It's ******** horrific.

Shocking behaviour from Prince charmin and mcsue. To do that at this time is unforgivable. Unfortunately the star and radio Sheff are so deep in the pigs pockets that nothing will really be said for fear of upsetting wilder and his humble band of low paid warriors. Really hope your dad and brother find summat to tide em over til things start reopening. Looking for a silver lining here, but when things start to reopen demand will be huge and jobs should open up to cope. Fingers crossed they can get summat in the meantime. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I've just read this on Facebook........ it’s not over yet ! Really need some firepower up front. Someone to attack the ball when it comes into the box. Some of the crosses were magnificent but no one on the end of them. If United had two forwards who could get 20-30 goals a season between them we would be challenging the top two. I think we miss O’Connell.

I love ‘if we only had a....’ comments. If Wednesday had Bale and Kante we might make play offs FFS.

They made great play of how they only had one week off and other than that have trained throughout the break.

Seems to have taken the life out of them whereas other teams seem fresher from the longer break 

Surely Wilder can’t have got it wrong 

8 hours ago, oldishowl said:

They made great play of how they only had one week off and other than that have trained throughout the break.

Seems to have taken the life out of them whereas other teams seem fresher from the longer break 

We can only hope!!😁

14 hours ago, bradowl said:

I think if any team had 2 forwards getting 20-30 a season they'd be near the top 2 of their league. 

Fvckin idiots

20 hours ago, oldishowl said:

It won't be his fault, it never is. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

6pm kick off today. live on pick..weather looks a steaming 29 degrees at kick  off,

lets home hope the brexit blades won't be used to the heat, man u get into their stride and put another dent in the wilder bandwagon.

With the heat that you’d expect for fixtures in June and July, I think it’ll benefit teams more with players who have ability as opposed to sides who work hard and rely on high energy, high pressing.

The season being delayed and resumed in the summer will have a huge impact on their push for European football.

Come the end of the season we’ll still be the only side in the city that’s played in Europe.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

6pm kick off today. live on pick..weather looks a steaming 29 degrees at kick  off,

lets home hope the brexit blades won't be used to the heat, man u get into their stride and put another dent in the wilder bandwagon.

Brexit blades.... how dare you, they have a Scandinavian player now.....not all British any more

• Haha 1

If they can come away with something tonight it would be one of the most impressive results of the season.

Without their first choice keeper, missing 1 first choice defenders, potentially 2, their high tempo tactics in 30 degree heat, with 1 shot on target in both of their last 2 games.

1-0 for dem blavges coming up then 😆

Lose tonight and I expect them to finish their league season with a whimper as their run-in is pretty tough. That said I expect them to beat Arsenal in the Cup and more than likely make the final in a season where fans can't got Wembley where they will take the lead and see Wilder do a Pardew on the touch line before VAR intervenes with a penalty equaliser and a winning goal for the opposition by a goal that is just adjudged to have crossed the line? garymegson

I don’t think it helps the pigs that they started this run in with a game in hand and are still in the cup.

By Wilders own admission they don’t have a big squad and having to cram more games into this short spell, added to that the extra heat in the summer months and I honestly don’t think they’ll finish in the top 10.

Edited by TrickyTrev