A Nightmare on Jihadi John Street

darra

1 hour ago, SouthStand75 said:

Taking the blue and white specs off, how would we feel if it had happened to us and possible denied us promotion/ Europe or relegated us? I think a large proportion of us would feel the same. The PL were always going to be the ones to make w complete fizz up of the technology, just hope it doesn’t filter down to the EFL anytime soon. 

Leave the specs on its hilarious

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

Travesty really, even though it's hilarious.

PL, best league in the world? Just one big f.uck up after another, 3 months off or not

Indeed. They are making it look totally amateurish with the amount of ******** ups. 

Feels like they've tried to keep a balance between intervening and letting the game flow but in doing so have created loads of confusion about the role of the VAR- leading to the kind of paralysis we saw last night. The lack of common sense on the part of the officials to not stop and take a look was unreal. Absolute clowns. 

2 hours ago, Howards back said:

A multi billion pound business with all the latest technology and they still can’t get it right. 

That can’t be right.  We were told that technology would be the solution to all the game’s problems and would remove all arguments?

• Like 2

Just watching Wilder's post match comments.

He seems to be mellowing out. Or at least realising how his reactions can come acrross.

Compare last nights comments with the infamous 'BIG HITTERS ON 40K A WEEK'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

He seems to be mellowing out. Or at least realising how his reactions can come acrross.

The spotlight is much more on him now. 

Getting pi55ed up and calling Bamford a d*ckhead (though he has a point) isn't going to really cut it when you are in the top flight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

The spotlight is much more on him now. 

Getting pi55ed up and calling Bamford a d*ckhead (though he has a point) isn't going to really cut it when you are in the top flight. 

True. Also knows he won't get picked up by any bigger clubs acting like he did.

4 hours ago, Matt_1 said:

Or when they lost to Villa

DSC_0562.thumb.JPG.f6792149422de58bc49d4f1589778070.JPG

He's like Warnock, shows his true (red and white) colours when things go against them in the Championship, but in the PL with far more attention tries to push his humble "nice guy" persona instead of looking like he just wants to fight everybody.

4 hours ago, jamsandwich said:

7 cameras and 9000 matches that couldnt determine if the ball went over the line - except the camera that everyone at home is watching. 

Is that 9,000 game figure accurate though, how do they know if it worked properly or not in every game? Of course it was immediately obvious that it'd gone wrong last night with all the Sky cameras and replays, but it's been used in the Championship as well for a couple of years now - if it failed in a random non-televised game and the ref didn't get the signal to his watch, it'd have just been forgotten about, the match would have gone on, and had no media attention. I remember in particular our game against Villa (ironically), the "Swarbrick game", there was a moment when the ball definitely looked over the line to me which would have put us 3-2 up but the ref indicated no message on his watch so we played on. So it's entirely possible that the system has failed before but nobody noticed. That said, I wouldn't have been surprised if the watch had said goal but Swarbrick ignored it, that game was perhaps the most blatant example of a ref being obviously bent that I've seen in nearly 40 years of going to games.

• Like 4

On 18/06/2020 at 17:35, alanharper said:

Is that 9,000 game figure accurate though, how do they know if it worked properly or not in every game? Of course, it was immediately obvious that it'd gone wrong last night with all the Sky cameras and replays, but it's been used in the Championship as well for a couple of years now - if it failed in a random non-televised game and the ref didn't get the signal to his watch, it'd have just been forgotten about, the match would have gone on, and had no media attention. I remember in particular our game against Villa (ironically), the "Swarbrick game", there was a moment when the ball definitely looked over the line to me which would have put us 3-2 up but the ref indicated no message on his watch so we played on. So it's entirely possible that the system has failed before but nobody noticed. That said, I wouldn't have been surprised if the watch had said goal but Swarbrick ignored it, that game was perhaps the most blatant example of a ref being obviously bent that I've seen in nearly 40 years of going to games.

It was a goal but systems like Hawkeye have margins of error built into them so can't see a lawsuit being successful should they go down that route.

Anyway, the season just gone from bad to worse Egan sent off and 1-0 down. After watching them against Villa and so far today I don't think the break has done them any favours.

• Like 1