36 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Exactly. Been like that since Adam was a lad. 7,000 away fans leaving alongside North Stand home fans. 

Obvs since those days we’ve had some Neanderthal elements moving to North to shout at the away fans all game.......

Unfortunately you've put your finger on it.  If it wasn't for the 300 or so pointers and gesticulators who frequent that end, there wouldn't be a problem.

Getting out at LL end is  NOT dangerous for any normal fan of either side.  Crossing Penistone Road when traffic is whizzing down the dual carriageway IS dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Unfortunately you've put your finger on it.  If it wasn't for the 300 or so pointers and gesticulators who frequent that end, there wouldn't be a problem.

Getting out at LL end is  NOT dangerous for any normal fan of either side.  Crossing Penistone Road when traffic is whizzing down the dual carriageway IS dangerous.

I don't understand the issue here? Are you saying that the few hundred fans that sit near the away section are the reason that the capacity has had to be reduced? The fans that, whilst tend to be a bit on the potty mouthed side, tend to be some of the only ones that constantly sing and tey to promote an atmosphere?

Can't wait until the whole stadium is silent and everyone is sat down and tucked in. 

1 hour ago, owls maniac said:

Jesus wept. Can someone explain to me what issues arise on the forecourt? Apart from the clash with the pigs last year which was entirely the fault of SYP i've never known of any incidents.

It's another one of those faceless organisations which will continue to find fault in order to justify their existence. 

I wonder where their funding comes from ?

2 minutes ago, PARKOWL said:

Ridiculous comment, we have to relocate and spend 100s of millions on a new stadium because SYP are not fit for purpose, Re style, redevelop but never relocate 

Dont get me wrong, SYP and SAG are massively at fault but the stadium and its legacy are there to be shot at, it cost more to police last seasons Sheffield derby than ANY other match in England.

Hillsborough is outdated and would cost a fortune to get it back up to full capacity.

The whole LL end needs to be levelled and rebuilt but would we still have the same problems with SYP and SAG ? Yes. 

Ridiculous or not ? 

10 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

it cost more to police last seasons Sheffield derby than ANY other match in England.

But that's the choice of SYP - it shouldn't be the most expensive. I'm sure it's difficult to police football matches, but was it necessary to have a helicopter, drones, horses, surveillance vans, and riot vans, in addition to the extra police they brought in from other forces?

They brought all that expensive resource in, but they still caused a lot of the issue's themselves. 

What has happened at Hillsborough in the last 20 years to warrant this vast police presence?

Edited by bigdan2003

Guest Ash76
10 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

Wow. So this is the new approach the to policing games that the police spoke of. It's one that they said would be more fan friendly

An absolute joke

Edited by Ash76

27 minutes ago, paddyowl said:

Dont get me wrong, SYP and SAG are massively at fault but the stadium and its legacy are there to be shot at, it cost more to police last seasons Sheffield derby than ANY other match in England.

Hillsborough is outdated and would cost a fortune to get it back up to full capacity.

The whole LL end needs to be levelled and rebuilt but would we still have the same problems with SYP and SAG ? Yes. 

Ridiculous or not ? 

on that basis we would still have the same problem with SAG and SYP in a new stadium, the derby game was the most expensive at both grounds is anyone telling the pigs that they've got to move ground 

rotherham and doncaster have new grounds and have restrictions on them 

Root cause analysis all points to SYP

We  managed to use the full capacity of the ground throughout our Prem years, with the disaster still at the forefront of people's minds.

What has changed so much, 30 years on, to justify the constant restrictions that we're put under? The fact we don't NEED the full capacity now is irrelevant; if/when we get promoted we'll need every single seat. I'm yet to see any report that actually justifies any of the ridiculous decisions being made.

14 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

We  managed to use the full capacity of the ground throughout our Prem years, with the disaster still at the forefront of people's minds.

What has changed so much, 30 years on, to justify the constant restrictions that we're put under? The fact we don't NEED the full capacity now is irrelevant; if/when we get promoted we'll need every single seat. I'm yet to see any report that actually justifies any of the ridiculous decisions being made.

What changed is an independent report being released several years ago.

Ever since, then it seems like SAG and SYP have gone out of their way to reduce our capacity and make things difficult. They are petrified at the thought of an *incident* at Hillsborough.

Might be completely wrong here, but is all if this latest nonsense to do with what happened in March against United? 

If so, then isn't this a case of SYP and co deflecting from their own utter ineptitude? 

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Does it really matter?

it does if you an old codger like me and cannot walk as well as I used to, I park on Marcliffe, the walk up Wadsley Lane is bad enough, without walking all the way around the ground first lol.  Only time I have had any trouble in 55 years is when a Forest fan ran past me in the 70s thumped my ear then stood 10 yards away goading me.  He ran away when 3 big Owls approached him.

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"