1 hour ago, ashleydavid said:

An alternative view to this fiasco:

1) SYP commissioned Professor Keith Still for this report on the Leppings Lane Concourse after there much criticised policing of the SWFC/SUFC game last season. Fact 

2) The same Keith Still who was expert witness for them re Hillsborough disaster. Fact

3) The timing of this report is significant, a few days before the first home game, maximum publicity to SYP, maximum disruption to the club and within the legal time frame for submission as evidence in the re-trial of DD/SYP which commences on the 7th October.

4) Opinion - DD/SYP will use this report in the re-trial to deflect blame away from them and back towards the club, i.e. Leppings Lane not fit for purpose etc etc

5) Why ? if the jury accept this, DD/SYP are Not Guilty - therefore all walk free, no Compensation Payments from SYP, they are completely vindicated, club are to blame.

6) There abysmal policing at the derby match is also deflected back to the fans of both clubs and SWFC.

7) I am a Wednesday fan for over 55 years, used both North/South Stands to enter and exit via the Leppings Lane on countless occasions without any fears for my/others safety.

8) This is a blatant and disgraceful attempt by SYP to cover up there own shortcomings yet again.

9) Its time we stood up to these bureaucrats who in there opinion consider it safe to allow 25,000 home fans to exit via 2 routes only onto Penistone Road/Over the Bridge, tomorrow afternoon - utter madness !

Apparently the report was submitted a couple of months ago so Christ knows why all the sudden panic. 

I cant see it being anything to do with the disaster - the issues aren’t linked at all - but I also don’t see why this report wasn’t produced without obtaining the full co-operation of the club. It does look like an arse covering exercise by SYP. And why the knock on effects on Penistone Road are disregarded I don’t understand. 

Once it was submitted it then put SAG in a tricky position. They couldn’t really ignore it. 

It’s the timing that’s ridiculous resulting in us possibly selling too many tickets. Good job Chansiri was in full rip off mode otherwise the ground would’ve virtually sold out - then there would have been r8 bother. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Broncolives said:

I think the only solution would be for a larger access to the North at that end. The only way to do that would be to try and buy up the properties adjacent to the ground demolish and change the perimiter layout.

Someone on here has come up with a genius solution - turnstiles from the North into the club shop car park. There's a photo somewhere. Quite brilliant solution.

17 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Our past ?  I’m not so sure it’s anything to do with Sheffield Wednesday fans particularly,  it’s down to the fact there historically corrupt organisation still have a deep underlying problem of accepting 1989 was totally down to them

Bewildering listening to people say we should move grounds or bulldoze Leppings Lane , for what !?   The issue in 1989 was SYPD and the issue in 2019 is STILL SYPD

I never said it was our fans at fault I said things regarding our past, yes, the Hillsborough disaster, SYP are so poo scared that anything else could happen.

As for the west stand, I think you'll find that the majority of fans of my age group (50ish) would say that it should be levelled.

I'm probably in a minority that wants us to relocate but again the memory of that day is something that can't be erased.

End of the day we all support the Owls and raising your voice should be saved for match days.