Same applies to the South Stand as well I take it? 

Because if that’s the case, it has been noted on various occasions that the vast amount of fans exiting the Kop and the South stand then converge on the steps and bridge, heading towards the park; who are then forced packed tight  over the bridge just isn’t safe in the slightest.. In my opinion this is a more dangerous situation than a few fans deciding to slap each other or wave their arms about at best.

3 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

Same applies to the South Stand as well I take it? 

Because if that’s the case, it has been noted on various occasions that the vast amount of fans exiting the Kop and the South stand then converge on the steps and bridge, heading towards the park; who are then forced packed tight  over the bridge just isn’t safe in the slightest.. In my opinion this is a more dangerous situation than a few fans deciding to slap each other or wave their arms about at best.

Fuckme, shut up.  They'll want the South closing now.  FFS...

This is starting to feel like some sort of conspiracy now :ph34r:

SAG, SYP, EFL, FA, FSA, fans and chairmen of our rival clubs all lining up to slap us down every time we can see even the faintest light at the end of the tunnel.

Mr C has clearly been weeing a lot of people off over the last few years.

fizz em. 

48 minutes ago, Striggy said:

it does if you an old codger like me and cannot walk as well as I used to, I park on Marcliffe, the walk up Wadsley Lane is bad enough, without walking all the way around the ground first lol.  Only time I have had any trouble in 55 years is when a Forest fan ran past me in the 70s thumped my ear then stood 10 yards away goading me.  He ran away when 3 big Owls approached him.

And there you have it - you lot scrapping on Leppings Lane has caused all this. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Dont get me wrong, SYP and SAG are massively at fault but the stadium and its legacy are there to be shot at, it cost more to police last seasons Sheffield derby than ANY other match in England.

Hillsborough is outdated and would cost a fortune to get it back up to full capacity.

The whole LL end needs to be levelled and rebuilt but would we still have the same problems with SYP and SAG ? Yes. 

Ridiculous or not ? 

It costs more to police because we have the most incompetent police force in the country 

Why does Manchester not have an issue with City and United ?  Liverpool and Everton ?   

6 minutes ago, Tank_owl said:

Manchester Met the well known experts in stadium design and crowd control

DC should get a proper expert to rip the poo out those flipping light weights

:Chansiri:

You couldn't make it up. Don't consult with the club, and then follow the advice of some nameless expert at a mediocre Uni to close parts of our ground the day before the first home game of the season.

The arrogance of these people is astonishing. I'm liking that we are finally taking the fight to them. 

What a shambles this is.

Some are blaming our stadium for being old etc. Whilst that is a factor it cant be the only one. You only have to look at the other stadia across the country to see our is not massively different from the vast majority.

The cost of the policing for the Sheffield derby which has been quoted all over the place should be an embarrassment to SYP, but it seems like its an to them honour. It just doesnt add up.

As many of us will have, I have been to Old Trafford, Anfield etc where the stadia are bigger than our and now have significantly more fan moving around and potentially with more 'high spirits', yet they can be policed without the need to insight or impose restrictions of the nature we are seeing. Do they not see if you behave in a particularly way it is responded to. Obviously they need to have the ability to respond if things do escalate but thats not in question.

DC must think he is dealing with some right muppets.

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

You couldn't make it up. Don't consult with the club, and then follow the advice of some nameless expert at a mediocre Uni to close parts of our ground the day before the first home game of the season.

The arrogance of these people is astonishing. I'm liking that we are finally taking the fight to them. 

It looks like we've bent over backwards to accommodate every petty ruling and they still keep shafting us.  I get the impression that DC has had enough.  More power to his elbow.

27 minutes ago, Adam1867 said:

Genuine question, how long was it after the Hillsborough disaster did away fans start sitting in Leppings Lane again? 

I think it was Aston Villa fans first game back in division one. 

So about 2 years. 

Edited by bradowl

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I think it was Aston Villa fans first game back in division one. 

So about 2 years. 

Away fans were in the upper tier in 90/91.  Clearly remember Leicester fans giving a standing ovation when we paraded the LC.

53 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It costs more to police because we have the most incompetent police force in the country 

Why does Manchester not have an issue with City and United ?  Liverpool and Everton ?   

You are correct but why do you think SYP are lets say heavy handed with us, Is it because we wear blue and white? or perhaps because we play in stripes?

We all know why, its an institutional thing because of our past IMO and 1000's of others.