Danny and Ruud were right

8 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Anyone else want to apologise to Danny Murphy and Ruud Gullit?

I had them down as pundit prannies after our no show at Chelsea when they said they weren’t impressed at Bruce not taking the Wednesday job straight away. They even talked over Alex Scott as she tried to explain the  personal circumstances. “But Would he delay if it was Man Utd?’ they replied. 

The answers “no” - And Danny and Ruud were correct. Fancy professional footballers seeing that what had happened was that Bruce was coming on his own terms and would leave on them as well.

UTO

We dfended the guy to the hilt, totally misjudged the guys character.

5 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I think we need to show a bit of class. 

It was the right thing for the chairman to do in Bruce’s personal situation.

Murphy and Gulit were wrong. 

Bruce leaving the way he did doesn’t change that. 

I do agree that what DC did was class and at the time on the telly I thought they were rude and insensitive and compounded the felony by talking over the lovely Alex S.

The point is on reflection no one should be surprised Bruce has buzzed off and maybe they saw the delay as a bad signal in a way we didn’t - in that sense they were right. He’s  done it before and he clearly isn’t intimidated by Chairmen -  as Simon Jordan knows, he quit Palace for Brum of all places.

We are bigger than all this of course we are and at one level I don’t give a monkeys - I haven’t even got any beef with the bar codes cos we do the same to the Dingles on a regular basis.

Onwards and (hopefully) upwards! UTO

I think the OP is getting a lot of different issues mixed up, and letting the Bruce "defection" cloud thinking somewhat.

Rudd and Murphy were wrong then and therefore still wrong now.  The fact that something else subsequently happened does not change things, they were ignorant of the facts and gave misguided opinions, and trampled all over Alex Scott who had the humanity and dignity to read the situation and try to put her opinion across before being shouted down.

The only parties to come out of this with any dignity and credibility are Alex, SWFC and DC

• Like 1

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

1 hour ago, Arthur Bach said:

Was never covinced by it.

Immediate red flag.

Some people are just embarrassed to admit his heart was never in the job in the first place.

I agree, whilst i accepted the delay as compassion  I hoped it was genuine  and not lack of interest  - but something didnt sit right and I totally agreed with the if Man utd wanted him scenario 

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Let’s have a bit of class , we’re Sheffield Wednesday Football Club 

The Chairman absolutely did the right thing in terms of Bruce’s situation at the time,  what Bruce did to the club after that is for him to justify to himself and it’s for him to live with 

Unsurprisgly, in recent comments he has said his conscience is clear. 

To come out and say that is a bit of a give away, that's if he has a conscience.

Tine to move on. Best for all concerned.

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Let’s have a bit of class , we’re Sheffield Wednesday Football Club 

The Chairman absolutely did the right thing in terms of Bruce’s situation at the time,  what Bruce did to the club after that is for him to justify to himself and it’s for him to live with 

he'll not give a ****.

we were a 'job' a 'payday' it seems 'the waiting room' till better came along, if it weren't newcastle, how many other clubs could it have been? 

I think the reasons were just about acceptable, but likewise, there is the point that had Ashley asked him then he’d have been there wouldn’t he? Swapping one bucket list item for another. 

We may be a bit of a forgotten club as evidenced in the media. But there are real rewards for someone who buys into it. He suggested as much but then didn’t buy into it!

9 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

Correct, they obviously know he's a complete conker

I do think they probably were not aware of the full circumstances. Bruce has made himself look dishonourable and showed no respect to DC and our club. The fact we went out of our way to show compassion to him by waiting for him to start only serves to cast him in an even poorer light.

Think best we can do is move on take the compo and not prolong any court cases, let us take moral high ground and show what a honourable and respectful club we are.

Newcastle on the other hand are being dragged into the gutter  not the fans as utmost respect for them.

9 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

To be fair to those two I just don't think they were aware of the full circumstances.

They didn't know what they were talking about in a job where they should. A couple of twáts, regardless of what Bruce has done.

Edited by OxonOwl

A mate of mind posed this question on a WhatsApp group (even bothering to find my post where I’d defended Bruce).

We did the right thing. He was identified as the right man and it was a plausible reason. Bruce is the one that has been a total tailface.

What this has shown is our class and his selfishness.