Odds For The New Manager

Keane was my number 1 choice when Carlos went. Still think there is a top manager in that bloke, and he’s won more than the rest of that shabby list of managers have won between them.  Not sure our fans could handle him though. They get the monk on when Van Aken and Palmer don’t clap em at the end of a match. 

• Haha 3

Imagine our fanbase with Roy Keane ....

Jesus Christ we chuck toys out of pram if players don’t stay behind and clap us, be alreyt with a few of his post match interviews 

15 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Can you imgine the terror on the faces of the journos covering SWFC come the first press conference....after you...no after you...no you ask first !!

Giddings interviewing Keane would be comedy gold :biggrin:

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Can you imgine the terror on the faces of the journos covering SWFC come the first press conference....after you...no after you...no you ask first !!

Keane V Giddings

:duntmatter:

(Beat me to it ^^^^^^^^^)

Edited by sonofbert2

36 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

What has Monk done to be in demand, well he has wrote his autobiography if that helps his cause, because seen nothing as a manager that he has done that 

is outstanding. Of course he was on to us 17 yrs back.

As for the other Gary he took Burton up and then failed at Stoke, Derby & Birmingham.

I’m afraid Rowett didn’t even take Burton up. Lost in the playoffs twice.

15 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

Don't understand - can you expand?

Well they want to Interview a Bame candidate because they’re under represented in management. 

As players, black/mixed race players are massively over represented. Look at the debuts of youngsters. 

Why are white, Chinese and Asian players given more of a chance? To match the proportion of society. You can’t have it both ways. 

32 minutes ago, vulva said:

Keane was my number 1 choice when Carlos went. Still think there is a top manager in that bloke, and he’s won more than the rest of that shabby list of managers have won between them.  Not sure our fans could handle him though. They get the monk on when Van Aken and Palmer don’t clap em at the end of a match. 

41 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Keane would be a reyt laugh!

25 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Giddings interviewing Keane would be comedy gold :biggrin:

You've sold it to me lads, put me down for Keane.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I think with the cards stacked as they are (& in the absence of an experienced, successful charismatic candidate) we might need someone who is confrontational & can create a proper us vs them mentality.

Im starting to think Roy Keane could be a good idea.

If Roy Keane is the answer you are asking the wrong question.lol

• Haha 1

I'm struggling to understand the line of reasoning that goes:

1 - steady eddies like Monk and Rowett are not good enough

2 - we want a proven winner

3 - like serial loser and unmanageable rage case Roy Keane

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Derby are there or thereabouts every year. Never go up.  If anyone ever gets them up that will be someone to note. The rest, not so much.

Getting us there or thereabouts every season would be a start 

12/18 months ago we wouldn’t have been able to get either of Rowett or Monk 

Edited by Bluesteel
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, djorkaeff said:

Well they want to Interview a Bame candidate because they’re under represented in management. 

As players, black/mixed race players are massively over represented. Look at the debuts of youngsters. 

Why are white, Chinese and Asian players given more of a chance? To match the proportion of society. You can’t have it both ways. 

So does this mean you don't agree with the Rooney Rule unless it's extended to players as well?  I really can't follow your reasoning.

No Pulis No Zola and no Coleman. No thank you tough picking new manager out of all that crap. Nervous after his track record picking Carlos (because of how he became after 1st Season) then Jos (well obvious) finally gets someone who was good choice n turns out to be turncoat shister no loyalty. Who now? So many potential disasters on the list no good choices of those top end of the odds. Van Bronkhurst only real good choice (no chance) Monk has had good stints at Leeds n Birmingham. All the rest are rubbish. Good choice we go up bad choice another year of obscurity at best (scary)