Odds For The New Manager

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, modboy said:

Still think Monk if not Hughton 

Rowett would be ok, Stendal interesting, Holloway if none of the four above 

Think this is about the best possible outcome. 

15 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

He's coming home

He's coming home

He's coming

Carlos is coming home.

WTF:WTF:

I'm going away

I'm going away

If Carlos comes back

I'm going away

4 minutes ago, Andrew6666 said:

With the names being bandied about (bar Houghton) I think I'm leaning towards unknown foreigner. 

Go lean somewhere else 

13 hours ago, marcx666 said:

My Footy Manager record is second to non, I took Vauxhall motors to the prem lol

You play it the same way I used to. Pick the lowest team at the lowest level and stick with them all the way to winning the Champions league and Premiership in the same season.

I've not played since 2015. It got tedious.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Just going off what I suspect Chansiri might be thinking, he seems a bit more aware of what the fans feel these days so might be cautions with the likes of Pulis 

Coleman has been in China so his recent experience isn’t this league, he’s a strong character though and I think the chairman may like him 

Rowett has been at Stoke recently and had Derby up in the play offs, feel Chansiri might be a bit more aware of Rowetts experience 

overall I reckon were definitely looking at Pulis ,Rowett or Coleman 

Derby are there or thereabouts every year. Never go up.  If anyone ever gets them up that will be someone to note. The rest, not so much.

It's who is the best fit for the squad. Systems etc. At least Coleman is an ex defender. Ex defenders have done best for us. Right? Jos being an ex midfielder. Just a thought aside there. Question marks over all of the candidates. But Coleman I'd prefer over Zola, Bullen, Pulis, or Carlos. He's done his time (Carlos). That early flame wouldn't spark once more. Let's back whoever it is however. Nobody world beating will not suddenly appear as an option. So it is what it is. 

3 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

It's who is the best fit for the squad. Systems etc. At least Coleman is an ex defender. Ex defenders have done best for us. Right? Jos being an ex midfielder. Just a thought aside there. Question marks over all of the candidates. But Coleman I'd prefer over Zola, Bullen, Pulis, or Carlos. He's done his time (Carlos). That early flame wouldn't spark once more. Let's back whoever it is however. Nobody world beating will not suddenly appear as an option. So it is what it is. 

The line up you have assembled there would make a morgue look lively. Colemans record at this level is terrible by any measure and it has got worse over time. personally hope none of them are in thinking.

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

You play it the same way I used to. Pick the lowest team at the lowest level and stick with them all the way to winning the Champions league and Premiership in the same season.

I've not played since 2015. It got tedious.

Aye, it used to be Leigh RMI, then Leigh Genesis, then I got confused when they pretty much folded, and Vauxhall was just obscure enough to make it interesting. I didn't bother with last years game, might pick up this years.

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

The line up you have assembled there would make a morgue look lively. Colemans record at this level is terrible by any measure and it has got worse over time. personally hope none of them are in thinking.

I wrote he's a preference to the others. I did not build a line up of favourites there. 

I think with the cards stacked as they are (& in the absence of an experienced, successful charismatic candidate) we might need someone who is confrontational & can create a proper us vs them mentality.

Im starting to think Roy Keane could be a good idea.

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
1 minute ago, Big Rons Hairspray said:

I think with the cards stacked as they are (& in the absence of an experienced, successful charismatic candidate) we might need someone who is confrontational & can create a proper us vs them mentality.

Im starting to think Roy Keane could be a good idea.

Can you imgine the terror on the faces of the journos covering SWFC come the first press conference....after you...no after you...no you ask first !!

13 minutes ago, deano said:

If its between Rowett and Monk, it's a close call for me. Certainly wouldn't be bad appointments. 

What has Monk done to be in demand, well he has wrote his autobiography if that helps his cause, because seen nothing as a manager that he has done that is outstanding. Of course he was on loan to us 17 yrs back.

As for the other Gary he took Burton up and then failed at Stoke, Derby & Birmingham.

Sorry but neither fill me with  inspiration or confidence.

Edited by Big Jack

6 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

Can you imgine the terror on the faces of the journos covering SWFC come the first press conference....after you...no after you...no you ask first !!

I’d love it.

Great fun for six months.....

Both have decent championship records but have fallen short when it matters. 

I agree they are not exiting names, but it's easy to dismiss without suggesting a realistic appointment. 

Like most would prefer Hughton. 

Edited by deano