Odds For The New Manager

10 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Cowleys or Stendal are the one we should be looking at bringing in. Lets look to the future , not give the job to one of the perennial failures.  

Barnsley play some nice football, Lincoln are a bit long ball

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Barnsley play some nice football, Lincoln are a bit long ball

Yeah, they work with what they have, not many teams play like Barca in the lower leagues, I think they could do wonders with a better group of players, and Winnall. lol

1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Just studied the list on Skybet. Some of the names are fkng hilarious. Are some of them made up like I P Freely or Richard Puller?

:duntmatter:    Another bizarre week to be a Wednesdayite.   :ghoulguy:

I.P. Freely declared an interest in the Wednesday job after all the peeing into kitchen sink posts on here :ph34r::ghoulguy:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Not a massive fan of Rowett but I would have him everyday over Coleman or Pulis. 

Close Friend of Rowett  family told me he’d loved the Wednesday job ... been in contact with Wednesday too.....also said Rowett is desperate to prove himself again after being treated bad by stoke and their prima Donna players !!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Nigel Farage said:

The English Football League has made it policy that clubs must interview at least one black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidate when searching for a new first-team manager.

Hope we have had an interview with GVB then if he fits that criteria 

Another thing with all this Under Bruce, things were progressing steadily, we knew what we were working towards. We wouldn’t be exciting, but we’d be organised with enough decent individuals, to be in with an outside chance of the play offs.

Now though, after the initial shock of Bruce walking out, and it come to appointing a new guy, suddenly our expectation levels increase We aren’t looking at the lists of would be managers, thinking this manager, or that manager, will carry on the work started by Bruce. Suddenly we see this as an opportunity to push on, no longer will an outside chance of the play offs suffice. 

I’m sure many forget the financial constraints that we are still under, as we scour the lists for managers who have done it in the dim and distant past. It’s natural that we should look at this as an opportunity, and we are not where we were when we appointed Bruce. In fact, in the position we find ourselves now, would Bruce even be appointed. 

Of course I’d be delighted if we could tempt a recognised quality tactician, who could instantly galvanise us into a promotion winning side. Failing that though, I’d be happy with a younger manager, maybe from the lower leagues, who would come in and continue the work already started, but with a more long term vision. Somebody who could develop a style, and identity, that  would be recognised as the Wednesday way. What scares me is, we hire somebody from that list, who will want to do things his way, with his players, and so the cycle starts again, quickly followed by another manager, and its all change once again .

Carlos is old news. Contrived to get us one game, two games from the Premier League only then to virtually 'not have a go'. And in that last season he seemed to have lost the plot. With a manager better than he we likely would have advanced. So no. And he won't have the same riches either. 

The English Football League has made it policy that clubs must interview at least one black, Asian and minority ethnic (BAME) candidate when searching for a new first-team manager.

—-

i wonder if that’s proportional with player debuts. Like 4/5ths are white, 1/10 Asian, 1/20 Chinese and 1/20 black /mixed race. 

I bet it isn’t. I bet this is just racism that’s ok. 

16 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

—-

i wonder if that’s proportional with player debuts. Like 4/5ths are white, 1/10 Asian, 1/20 Chinese and 1/20 black /mixed race. 

Don't understand - can you expand?

26 minutes ago, djorkaeff said:

—-

Just all getting ridiculous. I mean whoever thought of this s.hit are surely the racists? I wouldn’t give a second thought if I was interviewing someone for a job what chuffin race, religion, minority ethnic identifies as a chuffin goldfish (sorry whatever the politically correct term is for goldfish as other races may exist)... can they do the chuffin job or not?! 

Not getting involved with the BAME thing but with some of the candidates mentioned for this job, the likes of Cowley with people wanting an up and coming young manager which is a fair shout but I wonder what people’s opinions are on Sol Campbell ?   Will he push on from Macclesfield ? God only knows how he’s kept them up last year can’t just be by fluke 

4 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not getting involved with the BAME thing but with some of the candidates mentioned for this job, the likes of Cowley with people wanting an up and coming young manager which is a fair shout but I wonder what people’s opinions are on Sol Campbell ?   Will he push on from Macclesfield ? God only knows how he’s kept them up last year can’t just be by fluke 

Did a great job last year, but, Macclesfield were so sh*te I'm fairly certain I could have kept them up. I'd like to see how Sol does next season to see how he gets on, and I hope he does well, coz I like ex players who don't expect to get a top job just coz they were a good player, and are willing to start down the leagues. Like Hasslebaink, and hell, even Davids and not just for the pure comedy of it lol

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I just can't see Sol Campbell as a manager. Whenever I hear him speak, he just wants to talk about how amazing he is. 

Clearly sees Macclesfield as a stepping stone (didn't he basically say that in his first press conference!), and would no doubt view us in the same way

1 minute ago, emersonthome said:

I just can't see Sol Campbell as a manager. Whenever I hear him speak, he just wants to talk about how amazing he is. 

Clearly sees Macclesfield as a stepping stone (didn't he basically say that in his first press conference!), and would no doubt view us in the same way

He does come across a bit arrogant I’ll give you that

one to keep an eye on though, reckon if he has a good start again this season someone will snap him up