Odds For The New Manager

Just now, Royal_D said:

He does come across a bit arrogant I’ll give you that

one to keep an eye on though, reckon if he has a good start again this season someone will snap him up

Yeah, and in fairness to him, I'm glad he's started lower down the league, rather than just moaning about not getting a premier league job

5 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Not getting involved with the BAME thing but with some of the candidates mentioned for this job, the likes of Cowley with people wanting an up and coming young manager which is a fair shout but I wonder what people’s opinions are on Sol Campbell ?   Will he push on from Macclesfield ? God only knows how he’s kept them up last year can’t just be by fluke 

If we're going to take a gamble on a younger up-and-coming manager, then he'd be an interesting option. He's respected in the game and must have contacts he could call on to attract decent players here. 

The he fact he was willing to start lower down the ladder rather than expecting to walk into a top job is refreshing, too.

5 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Did a great job last year, but, Macclesfield were so sh*te I'm fairly certain I could have kept them up. I'd like to see how Sol does next season to see how he gets on, and I hope he does well, coz I like ex players who don't expect to get a top job just coz they were a good player, and are willing to start down the leagues. Like Hasslebaink, and hell, even Davids and not just for the pure comedy of it lol

Eh?

So the poorer the team ,the easier it is to keep them up ?

Er ....reyt ..ok 

Like others if Hughton isn’t available I’d like to see a young, high potential manager like Cowley/Stendel/GVB come in but I can’t see DC going for this option. 

All the managers he has recruited in the past have been very experienced in their 50s or so. The names we’ve been strongly linked to are the same as this I.e. Pullis, Coleman, Megson which all meet this criteria. Hopefully if this is the case he’s really working on convincing Hughton somehow. 

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Not getting involved with the BAME thing but with some of the candidates mentioned for this job, the likes of Cowley with people wanting an up and coming young manager which is a fair shout but I wonder what people’s opinions are on Sol Campbell ?   Will he push on from Macclesfield ? God only knows how he’s kept them up last year can’t just be by fluke 

He is one grade A fruit loop

Proper proper weird

Only got to go on his Instagram and view his videos - they’re so strange

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, gurujuan said:

It will be crazy on here, if Coleman, or any of those other no hopers are offered the job

I've got a lot on between now and the end of September. I think I would just walk away. 

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

If we're going to take a gamble on a younger up-and-coming manager, then he'd be an interesting option. He's respected in the game and must have contacts he could call on to attract decent players here. 

The he fact he was willing to start lower down the ladder rather than expecting to walk into a top job is refreshing, too.

Tory links put me right bloomin off him tho.

If it was up to me i would try to tempt paul cook, always done well everywhere he's gone and knows the leagues. Would wigan let him go lm not sure, but l think he would be a good fit for us at the minute. Also the people backing cowley i just dont get done well at one club he so reminds me of chris turner and that worked out well for us and him

1 minute ago, bubbleowl said:

If it was up to me i would try to tempt paul cook, always done well everywhere he's gone and knows the leagues. Would wigan let him go lm not sure, but l think he would be a good fit for us at the minute. Also the people backing cowley i just dont get done well at one club he so reminds me of chris turner and that worked out well for us and him

Watches would go missing from the player's dressing rooms.

• Haha 1