This hatred for Bruce

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disappointed he’s resigned to force his way out. But we don’t know the full details of his contract. 

Still i’ll take it for what it is. Manager leaves club for a club in a higher division. Bruce clearly wants to leave. It happens as frustrating as it is. 

Lower than a snakes belly 

The only scenario here is that Ashley has told him to resign and he will pick up the damage . 

What did he say Saturday .....Its up to the clubs now !!!!!   Yeh right Steve 

• Like 1

I think a lot of hostility comes from a generation of this club relying on managers making average squads over perform

'In Bruce We Trust'

'He Will Turn Van Aaken Into Van Dyke' 

*manager leaves*

'Descriptive Expletive Bruce'

You can change Bruce & Van Aaken into many different names, over the years ... 

As I write this, Chris Hughton is favourite for the job. If the above kind of attitude doesn't change, the club could find itself in a sh*tstorm after Hughton (inevitably) leaves 

only Personally, I find it difficult to find blame , and hence hatred, in any of the parts of this deal.

As far as I can see, everyone has acted in accordance with strict business practice. From what I can ascertain, Ashley  and Benitez partedon what might be termed  'normal, everyday football 'practice.Manager and owner disagree and decide to part Owner then has to find new manager. -'Ah, there's a chap at SW who fits the bill, and he's a Newcastle supporter to boot'. Owner then approaches Wed, and asks, 'Do you mind if I speak to your Manager with a view to poaching him?. Presumably, DC answers 'No, Go ahead, but if he agrees, I shall want £x million in compensation.'. Ashley than approaches Bruce and makes him an offer. Bruce asks for the weekend to think it over. He then decides that the grass is greener on the other side.

This is a scenario played out in a lot of clubs in Football. We may not like it, but its a fact of football life.

The way I see it is that we have only two courses of action  According to reports, Bruce (and his cohorts) has resigned,. This means that Chansiri can hold out for as much compensation as he can get, and, meanwhile, we scout for and approach someone to replace Bruce, someone with BETTER credentials, because whateverwe tghink, Bruce was not the be-all and end all. 

Bruce is scum sorry.

He had no intention of staying from the point Cashley tapped him up in my view. Instead of being up front and honest, he has attempted to play us ( no doubt guided by Cashley) to do it as cheaply as possible for Newcastle.

3 weeks until the start of the season, a squad needing rebuilding, and most of the coaching team walks with him.

Bruce has earned his reputation as an integrity free mercenary. 

To hear people still defending him beggers belief.

6 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Bruce is scum sorry.

He had no intention of staying from the point Cashley tapped him up in my view. Instead of being up front and honest, he has attempted to play us ( no doubt guided by Cashley) to do it as cheaply as possible for Newcastle.

3 weeks until the start of the season, a squad needing rebuilding, and most of the coaching team walks with him.

Bruce has earned his reputation as an integrity free mercenary. 

To hear people still defending him beggers belief.

this

you'd think we are losing the second coming of Christ

the two fat snakes are welcome to each other

48 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

only Personally, I find it difficult to find blame , and hence hatred, in any of the parts of this deal.

As far as I can see, everyone has acted in accordance with strict business practice. From what I can ascertain, Ashley  and Benitez partedon what might be termed  'normal, everyday football 'practice.Manager and owner disagree and decide to part Owner then has to find new manager. -'Ah, there's a chap at SW who fits the bill, and he's a Newcastle supporter to boot'. Owner then approaches Wed, and asks, 'Do you mind if I speak to your Manager with a view to poaching him?. Presumably, DC answers 'No, Go ahead, but if he agrees, I shall want £x million in compensation.'. Ashley than approaches Bruce and makes him an offer. Bruce asks for the weekend to think it over. He then decides that the grass is greener on the other side.

This is a scenario played out in a lot of clubs in Football. We may not like it, but its a fact of football life.

The way I see it is that we have only two courses of action  According to reports, Bruce (and his cohorts) has resigned,. This means that Chansiri can hold out for as much compensation as he can get, and, meanwhile, we scout for and approach someone to replace Bruce, someone with BETTER credentials, because whateverwe tghink, Bruce was not the be-all and end all. 

Only one thing you've missed out.... Ashley refusing to pay the release fee in the contract. If he'd paid up Bruce wouldn't have needed to resign.

6 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

OP is bang on the money.  Bruce actually hasn’t done anything wrong and we’ll be worst off without him.

The abuse towards the club’s manager, for having his head turned, has to stop.  The harsh truth of the matter is that the Wednesday job under an embargo, just isn’t that much of a pull.  Especially not in comparison to a Premier League gig.

This post has aged as well as 4 month old milk.

2 hours ago, camffiti said:

I think a lot of hostility comes from a generation of this club relying on managers making average squads over perform

'In Bruce We Trust'

'He Will Turn Van Aaken Into Van Dyke' 

*manager leaves*

'Descriptive Expletive Bruce'

You can change Bruce & Van Aaken into many different names, over the years ... 

As I write this, Chris Hughton is favourite for the job. If the above kind of attitude doesn't change, the club could find itself in a sh*tstorm after Hughton (inevitably) leaves 

Bruce and Ashley haven't gone about it the right way.

I've no objection to him going but he should have been our manager until a move was agreed.

Ashley should have asked DC what he would accept and paid up or looked elsewhere.

And this deal could have been done sooner. 

People are miffed. Maybe not all fans are reyt angry mad but most think it stinks.

Some people are either saints or they have no pulse.

3 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Disappointed he’s resigned to force his way out. But we don’t know the full details of his contract. 

Still i’ll take it for what it is. Manager leaves club for a club in a higher division. Bruce clearly wants to leave. It happens as frustrating as it is. 

We just need to draw a line under it and move on ASAP. The longer it drags on the more messy it will get, and that will end up impacting us even more on the pitch.

What an utterly inert reaction.  

3 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Lower than a snakes belly 

The only scenario here is that Ashley has told him to resign and he will pick up the damage . 

What did he say Saturday .....Its up to the clubs now !!!!!   Yeh right Steve 

Exactly...

Lying cnuut as well as little honour

Be his career finished after taking Geordies down

cant say I hate him, bit old for all that shybo, but very dissappointed. Should'nt be really thats modern football for us. So close to the beginning of what could potentially be a good season and with the entire coaching staff is a right pain.

Also, why on gods green earth he would want the poisened chalice that is newcastle is beyond me, boyhood club or not......

21 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

Ozzie Owl. "You see this pint of Hendos, Steve, well you're gonna drink it. Every last drop!"

Bruce. "Oh God man, no!"

Ozzie Owl. "Get it down you, bonny lad!"

Bruce. "You'll gimme diarrhoea, pet!"

Ozzie Owl. "Did you and Ashley have a good laugh when you were discussing personal terms?"

Bruce. "Aggh, mi bowels are movin'!"

Ozzie Owl. "Drink it!"

For you Old Tawny

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWfrpqGDJig

Guest mkowl
2 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

I don't hate Steve Bruce.

I'm disapointed in myself for falling for the whole "Man of integrity" routine.

Yep can relate to that