This hatred for Bruce

5 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t you see the irony in this? You’ve spent the past few days calling Bruce all sorts. You’re purely speculating too. Do you know why he’s left? Do you know how much money he will be on at Newcastle?

No you don’t. If rumours are to believed he’s actually moving for less money, but bigger bonuses. Hardly greedy if true? 

Never said he was greedy

I don't have any personal grudge against Bruce. And there is precedent for him staying and doing a job if compo can't be agreed.

But I don't think he should have talked about compromise if there is a release clause in his contract.

Guest wilyfox

This summer can foook right off, and so can every c*nt with it. 

Edited by wilyfox

Guest mkowl

Understand the criticism

Don't like the personal insult aspect to it

Very Bladesesque by some of our followers

We need someone who is totally committed to the club. Bruce is quite clearly wanting to move.

What baffles, no really annoys me, is people who state that if the move fell through, then he would be professional enough to get on with the job at SWFC.

How do people arrive at this conclusion ? If Bruce wants to go, he has clearly not got the full appetite or commitment to stay at SWFC. How does this benefit us in any way ?

FWIW, I personally cannot see Bruce remaining, so the sooner things get sorted, the better.

• Thanks 1

Bruce was hated at his previous club

He's come to a club that loved him, only for him to turn some supporters against him

He's going to a club that don't want him

He probably needs to have a good long look at himself

• Like 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I must admit, I don't get all the hate either. It's just plain bonkers. A person who is working, get's a job offer, on more money, for a club they would like to work for, and people think for one minute he should stay because he's at Sheffield Wednesday?

It just doesn't work like that in the real world. He isn't a fan like we are, so he, nor the players, will feel what we feel - unless they spend a long time at the club, like Bullen, or Bruce at Man Ure. It doesn't matter how much money he has, if I was offered more money to do the same job, my head would be turned too. So surely the same goes for anyone in the business of football. Or in any business or industry.

And this is what a lot of fans, shouting the odds, just don't seem to understand. Supporting the club isn't the same as working for it. What we feel isn't what they feel, so why is everyone shocked? Just shrug your shoulders and get on with doing what we do best - support the club and the team.

Don't get me wrong, if he does go, the timing is sh!te. Bruce certainly seemed to be getting the house in order and we need to continue with that going forward. So yeah, I'm p!ssed off too, but there is no point going mad over it or getting super stressed out like some are. It's football. It happens all the time.

37 minutes ago, djstatic said:

Bruce has shown his true colours.

What gets me Is that his agent instigated the move.

People are angry as Chansiri bent over backwards to get him and gave him time off. 

Bruce is the true definition of a mersonary. Time to move on. 

Mercenary would be the true definition of mersonary.

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Talking about what may or may not have happened between chansiri and Bruce when he took the job is pure speculation

You dont know, i dont know , and neither does anyone else

I think chansiri had an idea and that's why there was the compensation clause in his contract just in case another club came calling

Guest gizowl

Stop squabbling for ffs, the situation we find ourselves in is down to Ashley and his side kick not conducting the approach for Bruce properly, went straight to Bruce, turned his head then started to talk down compensation package with Chansiri expecting him to bow down and accept a derisory offer .Well tough,if they want him as much as they say  fizzing pay it, if not man up and tell Bruce they got it wrong and should have found out how much it would cost before they said they wanted him, if I want something I find out how much it would cost before I order it,this approach for Bruce needs investigation, but will anything be done because its premier league over football league, nah,that's why theirs tools like Ashley abusing the regulations. 

44 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Please don't give him plaudits for trimming the squad and getting rid of the deadwood. They were all out of contract, anyone could have got rid off them. He's not the messiah, he's a kin Judas. 

Can't give him credit for offloading players because DC doesn't know how to sell...

He's off simple,timings sh  ite but,lets move on now and get ready for promotion season in 3 weeks time...As for hatred,yep pee'd off but if he wants to go then go,no loyality in football anymore that went with 70's -80's...

UTO FTFB.....in Bullen we trust(for a short time anyhow)....WAWAWAW...

I said when he took over I'd never been a fan, but I was willing to give him a chance and back him.

He was really beginning to grow on me as our manager and apart from the Qpr mess at the end of the season really improved us. 

He's made what looks like some excellent free transfers and was looking forward to the start of the season, but what's done is done now, so let's get a new man in quickly and kick on. 

44 minutes ago, Sonny said:

How thoroughly predictable

Tbf, I don't think we've got enough Steve Bruce threads on here at the moment. 

I'm just glad that another one was started so we can read Sally's thoughts.