This hatred for Bruce

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t get it. Think it’s way over the top. This happens all the time in football, we’re just not used to it.

We hardly went to the moon and back to get him like some are claiming. He told us he would take the job, but can only start in February. We were happy to wait for him. We could have found someone else who was in a position to start straight away, but we wanted Bruce. It’s not as if he forced us to wait. 

In his short time here he has trimmed the squad, got rid of the deadwood and made some key extensions and signings. All whilst under a transfer embargo, which is absolutely none of his doing. 

Not to forget he helped turn last season around after the absolute mess we saw under Jos. Played some decent footy and had us in with a shout of the play offs up until the penultimate game. Not bad going. 

He’s left to join a Premier League club, one which he has wanted in the past. Why are we getting so butthurt? It’s a shame for us, but this isn’t the first pre season under Chansiri which has been shrouded in controversy and uncertainty. Perhaps just maybe there is more to this than Bruce being an ungrateful and arrogant man out to damage Sheffield Wednesday and it’s fans?

He’s not a villain. 

He signed a contract , he has had all the backroom staff put in place ,one only a few weeks ago ,and has signed 3 players , new season nearly upon us 

But hes done nothing wrong ...well not legally no, but morally?????

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gizowl said:

Stop squabbling for ffs, the situation we find ourselves in is down to Ashley and his side kick not conducting the approach for Bruce properly, went straight to Bruce, turned his head then started to talk down compensation package with Chansiri expecting him to bow down and accept a derisory offer .Well tough,if they want him as much as they say  fizzing pay it, if not man up and tell Bruce they got it wrong and should have found out how much it would cost before they said they wanted him, if I want something I find out how much it would cost before I order it,this approach for Bruce needs investigation, but will anything be done because its premier league over football league, nah,that's why theirs tools like Ashley abusing the regulations. 

Exactly this. Mike Ashley is the main instegator of the whole situation. He s got short arms and deep pockets that bloke. Hes waded in with his big spoon stirred everything up and sat back to watch the fallout with no respect for our club or his own or for DC and bruce and when he's finished ruining 2 clubs preseason he will probably walk away as he doesn't want to pay the compensation

It’s football. 

You can can love a player one day but if he signs for someone else you can hate him the next. 

Regarding Bruce, you kind of expect your manager to be a good role model. This is why Bruce must be moved on now. He can’t demand 100% from his players when he’s trying to force a move away.

2 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Regarding Bruce, you kind of expect your manager to be a good role model. This is why Bruce must be moved on now. He can’t demand 100% from his players when he’s trying to force a move away.

This. 

I know some disagree, but I just don't see how Steve Bruce can walk into that dressing room and command the same amount of respect as he did prior to all of this. 

As you say, can those players give him their all when they know he wants out or wanted out? 

Fair enough, some will just see it as part of the game...but usually, if a manager wants to go, he goes or is removed. Not too often you get a situation where a manager actively declares his desires to move and then stays on. 

Edited by SiJ

8 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Get’s to a point when it’s not worth keeping him. 

Let him go and bring in a young, hungry manager. 

Tbf, Bruce covers the hungry bit. 

• Haha 2

We had big divisions in the fan base at the end of Carlos's time and all the way through the Jos months. Bruce came in and almost all the fanbase got behind him. That pleased me, I liked the fact everyone was pulling in the same direction. Then Bruce p1ssed on our chips and it's all gone to pot. I still don't hate him, even worse, I'm totally indifferent towards him. I don't care if he goes, I don't care if he does well at the barcodes or not. He's of no importance to me.

Guest Ash76
19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

just don't see how Steve Bruce can walk into that dressing room and command the same amount of respect as he did prior to all of this. 

That's because you're not a footballer, worse still you're a fan of the club involved

1 hour ago, djstatic said:

Bruce has shown his true colours.

What gets me Is that his agent instigated the move.

People are angry as Chansiri bent over backwards to get him and gave him time off. 

Bruce is the true definition of a mersonary. Time to move on. 

His "true colours" being wanting to manage a premier league club?

I dare say that's the "true colours" of all managers in the championship?

Get over it. I hope he stays, and if he does i wont blame him for having his head turned

Guest everydays_wednesday
34 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Get’s to a point when it’s not worth keeping him. 

Let him go and bring in a young, hungry manager. 

The biggest problem is...Mike Ashley says no thanks to the compensation and Steve Bruce is still our manager...what happens then?

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t get it. Think it’s way over the top. This happens all the time in football, we’re just not used to it.

We hardly went to the moon and back to get him like some are claiming. He told us he would take the job, but can only start in February. We were happy to wait for him. We could have found someone else who was in a position to start straight away, but we wanted Bruce. It’s not as if he forced us to wait. 

In his short time here he has trimmed the squad, got rid of the deadwood and made some key extensions and signings. All whilst under a transfer embargo, which is absolutely none of his doing. 

Not to forget he helped turn last season around after the absolute mess we saw under Jos. Played some decent footy and had us in with a shout of the play offs up until the penultimate game. Not bad going. 

He’s left to join a Premier League club, one which he has wanted in the past. Why are we getting so butthurt? It’s a shame for us, but this isn’t the first pre season under Chansiri which has been shrouded in controversy and uncertainty. Perhaps just maybe there is more to this than Bruce being an ungrateful and arrogant man out to damage Sheffield Wednesday and it’s fans?

He’s not a villain. 

Very well put.

Guest Ash76
28 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Are you a footballer? 

No. Got a job though, like them, and if my boss told me he'd been head hunted but then the deal fell through it would not matter in the slightest to me

Guest Ash76
6 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

The biggest problem is...Mike Ashley says no thanks to the compensation and Steve Bruce is still our manager...what happens then?

He gets on with what he's paid to do