This hatred for Bruce

9 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

The biggest problem is...Mike Ashley says no thanks to the compensation and Steve Bruce is still our manager...what happens then?

He expects SB to walk out and leave SWFC to keep trying to get goodish compensation when the horse has bolted!

SWFC's only alternative would be to go to court, but that would be very drawn out and would still leave SWFC looking for a new manager, which I hope they are doing now!

39 minutes ago, prowl said:

We had big divisions in the fan base at the end of Carlos's time and all the way through the Jos months. Bruce came in and almost all the fanbase got behind him. That pleased me, I liked the fact everyone was pulling in the same direction. Then Bruce p1ssed on our chips and it's all gone to pot. I still don't hate him, even worse, I'm totally indifferent towards him. I don't care if he goes, I don't care if he does well at the barcodes or not. He's of no importance to me.

This 

Hope he's a complete disaster and Ashley has to sell up for far less than he wants,

Hopefully then, a new manager, and a new owner comes in and Newcastle fans get the proper success they deserve.

Let's face it, they've suffered under that pile of 5heite for far too long. Been bled dry.

Edited by quinnssweetshop

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

Mercenary would be the true definition of mersonary.

Most managers and players are mercenary in a world different from 30 years ago where a change of club can set you up for life! My other note of realism would be to sy that even though The Star says SB knew the financial situation when he came, I bet he did not realise he would be unable to wheel and deal because of the soft embargo and because our mediocre big earners are too highly paid to persuade other clubs to take them on.

All he has been able to do is release the out of contract players and bring in 2-3 low profile signings. We still have six strikers even with Hooper being released. He must feel frustrated and with the sale of the ground being a one off move, the future does not look much better either.

No hate from me, can see why he would want to go. Doesnt mean our fans should be happy about it though. 

There was a bit of optimism about this season and with the backroom staff in place, players released or signed new contracts and 3 new players signed all in Bruce's vision of what is required only for him to walk out with 3 weeks to go till the season starts. Now we may not have a manager and have a slow start when we really needed a good one.

Now we have also wasted a week where we could have continued to build the team and sell players etc.

Doesnt matter to Bruce of course as he is happy to walk away from it and leave us in the lurch.

Especially when he is going to a club where the fans literally want him out before he has even arrived and he will probably be out of work by Christmas.

Edited by Carl Shutt is God

Guest everydays_wednesday
33 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

He gets on with what he's paid to do

I totally agree....however, it would appear lots don’t and therein lies the problem !

Guest Ash76
3 minutes ago, everydays_wednesday said:

I totally agree....however, it would appear lots don’t and therein lies the problem !

They wouldn't care less after a couple of wins

If he did stay...Why should it be treated any different from the Forestieri at Norwich episode?

Fans upset, but once he got back on with the job...situation normal.

Sadly thats the way fans have to look at it...Bruce and most of our other managers, players etc,simply pay lip service to football fans.

They say the right thing, tick the right boxes, kiss the badge etc etc etc.

Seriously how many of us still fall for that?.

Bruce was a means to an end for us...seemingly the feeling was mutual....Its just that Bruce hasn't the bottle to say it..thats why he issued a statement that kept more or less both options open..distancing himself from the bloody issue

Edited by asteener1867

2 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I don’t get it. Think it’s way over the top. This happens all the time in football, we’re just not used to it.

We hardly went to the moon and back to get him like some are claiming. He told us he would take the job, but can only start in February. We were happy to wait for him. We could have found someone else who was in a position to start straight away, but we wanted Bruce. It’s not as if he forced us to wait. 

In his short time here he has trimmed the squad, got rid of the deadwood and made some key extensions and signings. All whilst under a transfer embargo, which is absolutely none of his doing. 

Not to forget he helped turn last season around after the absolute mess we saw under Jos. Played some decent footy and had us in with a shout of the play offs up until the penultimate game. Not bad going. 

He’s left to join a Premier League club, one which he has wanted in the past. Why are we getting so butthurt? It’s a shame for us, but this isn’t the first pre season under Chansiri which has been shrouded in controversy and uncertainty. Perhaps just maybe there is more to this than Bruce being an ungrateful and arrogant man out to damage Sheffield Wednesday and it’s fans?

He’s not a villain. 

I don’t think people ‘hate’ Bruce, I just feel that a lot of people are incredibly disappointed in him for the following reasons:

1)The fact that Chansiri showed him loyalty, understanding and compassion when he asked to delay his start date. I think most fans expected SB to return the same loyalty by seeing out his contract.Its only a year!

2) Had SB decided he wanted to leave immediately after the end of the season then it wouldn’t have been great but at least it’d have given DC time to line someone else up and the new boss to do pre season with the squad. Instead he leaves with 3 weeks to go before the start of the new season? He’d be leaving us high and dry and he knows it, but still he wants to leave. The fact that he knows the timing is awful should have been enough to sway him towards staying. 

3) It’s not going to be a long term job at Newcastle. There’s an impending takeover where there’s every chance they’ll bring their own man in. The Chairman is notorious for being incredibly hard to work with. Yet still he wants to leave us high and dry despite that. It smacks of being financially driven. 

I can’t understand the mentality of people who are happy with him going

under these circumstances.  I’m not sure whether they’re just trying to appear ‘classy’ or whatever they feel their stance will portray and give them a sense of superiority?

It's more disappointment than hatred......we looked like we were starting to move in the right direction, but yet again we've had the rug pulled from under us.

We thought we had a real chance with Bruce after bumbling around for the last 27 years.

*maybe should change it to 26 before people start mentioning cup finals*

Edited by Weshallovercome

I find it disturbing that grown adults would resort to name calling and such childish black and white reasoning over something so ultimately insignificant as a football manager passing through the football club they support. Some posters have tried to highlight such behaviour on the Newcastle forums & within half dozen posts we’re getting the same infantile attitudes being expressed on here. No doubt we’ve been infiltrated by a few pigs stirring the pot, there’s maybe a couple of kids who can’t control themselves but what’s the excuse for the rest of the lunatics who are showing zero ability to keep their emotions in check?

11 minutes ago, Yellowbelly said:

I find it disturbing that grown adults would resort to name calling and such childish black and white reasoning over something so ultimately insignificant as a football manager passing through the football club they support. Some posters have tried to highlight such behaviour on the Newcastle forums & within half dozen posts we’re getting the same infantile attitudes being expressed on here. No doubt we’ve been infiltrated by a few pigs stirring the pot, there’s maybe a couple of kids who can’t control themselves but what’s the excuse for the rest of the lunatics who are showing zero ability to keep their emotions in check?

Its simply relative to the forum...its football

If this was a bloody food forum..someone no doubt would be layin' into McDonalds....

It doesn't mean everyone has lost their heads over everything...just this particular football subject..on a football forum.

No f.ookers runnin' around the garden shoutin' "Oh Brucie how could you!!"

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its simply relative to the forum...its football

If this was a bloody food forum..someone no doubt would be layin' into McDonalds....

It doesn't mean everyone has lost their heads over everything...just this particular football subject..on a football forum.

No f.ookers runnin' around the garden shoutin' "Oh Brucie how could you!!"

No, they’re running up to him on the touch line.